Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steph Green - Brilliant train chase sequence. Brutal and thrilling. Wonderful homage to Lawrence of Arabia and great train heist films

Robert Rodriguez - Laughable mobility scooter chase throwing in all the best cartoon tropes (hitting another vehicle to send it into a comical spin giving the occupants that Disney/looney toons dizzy result) with the speed and intensity of a sloth vs a snail. Wonderful homage to the Teletubbies.

More Green less Rodriguez please

Yep. 95% b.s. just like i thought. You know why its bull? Things are not moving anywhere near fast enough to fit in even a third of that.

Rex and Echo are showing up LOL, what ten year old wrote this
Same, but at least it seems like a decent script than the shithole we've got so far.

Be honest here folks, can you believe the image below is in a flagship Star Wars series? This show is dog****.

FB_IMG_1642016671619.jpg

For me I thought the young bikers and their colorful bikes were a nod to Lucas’s American Graffiti. But it totally missed the mark and doesn’t fit in Star Wars. And not just the colors, the bikes weren’t even cool looking. They looked like scooters that a 7 year old would have. Or possibly even an elderly person. Wtf!

Be honest here folks, can you believe the image below is in a flagship Star Wars series? This show is dog****.

View attachment 555556
Those bikes and the “chase” were terrible. I don’t know why they decided to hand this over to Rodriguez and his leftover props from Spy Kids. They looked like they rolled up on the wrong movie set. Like George Jetson showing up in a western.

The wookie and rancor business was a pleasant unexpected twist, but as others have said seeing Boba just get his ass handed to him over and over again in every episode is starting to wear on me. Nice to see him finally remember he has a jetpack but had he just used it from the getgo, the terrible chase scene could have been entirely avoided.

For me I thought the young bikers and their colorful bikes were a nod to Lucas’s American Graffiti. But it totally missed the mark and doesn’t fit in Star Wars. And not just the colors, the bikes weren’t even cool looking. They looked like scooters that a 7 year old would have. Or possibly even an elderly person. Wtf!

In that "action" scene they zoomed about as fast as George Costanza.

TwmcMjH.gif

How could Favreau and Filoni allow Ruindriguez **** up these episodes is completely beyond my understanding. This raises a very concerned problem regarding to managerial perspective at LFL. I'm extremely anxious for Kenobi series now...

How could Favreau and Filoni allow Ruindriguez **** up these episodes is completely beyond my understanding. This raises a very concerned problem regarding to managerial perspective at LFL. I'm extremely anxious for Kenobi series now...

Just stop worrying about it.

You and the majority of this forum are going to hate it.

Instead of this cutesy stuff, how are we NOT seeing Fett in a rage, back at the palace planning exactly how he is going to rain down on the Pykes for killing his Tusken bros? Avenge these Tuskens!

Fett should be in an absolutely icy rage over this whole thing. Stg I want to SLAP Rodriquez so damn hard

slapping.gif

Last edited:
.... people on Reddit are calling them the Mos Vespa Gang.

Dear lord how did this happen. Who greenlit this, throw them to the rancor immediately.

Power Rangers, the Griff Tannen gang, Joan Jett, Harry Potter, and Cyborg boy are all different ones I have seen. It's unbelievable that there wasn't a single sane person in the room that spoke up to stop this.

Oh no after the much better Episode 2, this episode is so bad. I’ll just go with the 3 pros and 3 cons.

Pros:

Boba wearing his helmet more (except when recruiting the dumb kids)

The Tuskens massacred (execution off screen was poorly handled) so he loses his “family” again after Jango

Black Krrsantan (even though it was such a scripted, predictable and poorly choreographed battle)

Cons:

Back to the Future style car chase with 1950s speeder aesthetics ending with “ villain” comically crashing into a pile of items submerging them (This is the third homage after we saw the Harryhausen behemoth and Tosche station terminator scene)

Defanging the rancor

Boba apologizing to the cybernetic eye biker because he thought it could be offensive to his eye (super cringe 😬 )

Wow, I just watched the episode and what a laughable mess that was. I really thought the show might be picking up after the second episode... but then it crashes right back down to earth again. And I'm back to thinking this show was probably just not a good idea.

I've grown to really like Morrison's portrayal of Fett, and he and Fennec make a great pair, but I just find this storyline they're in painfully dull and I'm not sure why I should care about Fett wanting to be the lord of freakin Mos Espa.

I mean I'll stick with it, but these characters really deserve so much better.

Back