Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rather than limiting myself to buying this line or that I’m going to put a cap of 15 SW figures a year from now on. That should really help me get on top of my pre-orders and which figure to prioritise over another. I’ve gone way over 15 this year and it’s crippling financially. Then there’s space to think about. I’ll be at 80-90 figures by the time this year’s pre-orders have all come in. If I could go back in time I wouldn’t order the 2 x Shoretroopers, an extra Dark Trooper, or the Transport Trooper.

Therefore next year is all about cherry picking the best figures from each show, and ignoring a trooper or character that only has 10 seconds screen time.

Just stick to the OT/PT. The most figures I've bought from one year was 12...this year I've only ordered 2 and that's because the Infinity Saga has wrapped up and HT prefer to do D+ SW.

I'm still hanging in there with all the Rogue One main figures. A Cassian figure is a no brainer with his own show, Baze is still 50/50 I'd say.

Imagine a cameo of Baze + Chirrut in one episode. That would be so cool. Also a positive news item to get the asian audience involved in the series.

I reckon they'll try it somewhere in the 3 seasons.

Baze, possibly my most wanted figure. Likely because chances of a release are close to none. Shoretrooper Squad Leader and Shoretrooper soon to be in the collection might fill a void but i'll soon want my Baze again.

yep 2022 is going to be killer for all things Star Wars !!

Its 2022, third quarter:

wallet.jpg

Rather than limiting myself to buying this line or that I’m going to put a cap of 15 SW figures a year from now on. That should really help me get on top of my pre-orders and which figure to prioritise over another. I’ve gone way over 15 this year and it’s crippling financially. Then there’s space to think about. I’ll be at 80-90 figures by the time this year’s pre-orders have all come in. If I could go back in time I wouldn’t order the 2 x Shoretroopers, an extra Dark Trooper, or the Transport Trooper.

Therefore next year is all about cherry picking the best figures from each show, and ignoring a trooper or character that only has 10 seconds screen time.

I think it is definitely a good idea to cap yourself to a series of films/series or a certain amount of figures per year, especially with all that we have coming up, with 4 live action shows next year, TBB Season 2 and who knows what surprises Lucasfilm has for us.

I've been able to pick and choose from Mando (mostly sticking to Season 1, with some exceptions), all in on TCW, while I also pick and choose from PT and OT.

There is 1 ST I'd be willing to get and only if I saw him for a real good deal, but he just doesn't have a place in my collection.

I think it is definitely a good idea to cap yourself to a series of films/series or a certain amount of figures per year, especially with all that we have coming up, with 4 live action shows next year, TBB Season 2 and who knows what surprises Lucasfilm has for us.

I've been able to pick and choose from Mando (mostly sticking to Season 1, with some exceptions), all in on TCW, while I also pick and choose from PT and OT.

There is 1 ST I'd be willing to get and only if I saw him for a real good deal, but he just doesn't have a place in my collection.
Kylo TROS? That's my only ST fig in my SW collection, such a great looking figure.

Kylo TROS? That's my only ST fig in my SW collection, such a great looking figure.

Kylo..but from the TFA lol. I still enjoy TFA to an extent and I loved his character in that film.

I've seen some great deals for unopened ones too, but he just doesn't have a place at the moment.

You're right though, TRoS Ren is fantastic.

I bought TFA Kylo...but the ST was so bad I couldn't stand looking at him in my collection. I sold him earlier this year.

Q2 - Q4 is going to be pain, especially Q4 with all large pieces coming out, swoop, Throne Boba, Mando beskar v2, mando Luke. Q2 will offer Kuiil and mando on blurg plus scout with speeder.
One mans pain is another mans pleasure :p

But I know...it'll be tough on the wallet what with new pre-orders on top of those as well.

Yeah, only pain for the overextended wallets.

Don't have to collect em' all.

Exactly, collect what you like, it is your collection after all.

Q4 next year is getting a bit heavy for me as well, with Mando Luke, Beskar Mando, Jesse, Vaughn, and I'm sure something will be put up in the next few months that will also be Q4 that'll catch my eye, whether it is Fennec, more TCW figures or a surprise figure.

I'm holding off on Boba and throne for now as well, but if his suit doesn't go through any major changes during his show, I'll end up picking him up as well.

Yeah, only pain for the overextended wallets.

Don't have to collect em' all.

Well yeah, adults know that but does the collector part of our brains know it?!! Mine doesnt. I'm still fighting the urge to order Jesse, and I dont know that much about him and I still want him bad! This is terrible! Luckily shelf space and Boba Fresh/Throne + Mando season 2 Beskar being released same time he is are all converging to make it plain that I need to hold. my. horses.

BUT I WANT HIM

Well yeah, adults know that but does the collector part of our brains know it?!! Mine doesnt. I'm still fighting the urge to order Jesse, and I dont know that much about him and I still want him bad! This is terrible! Luckily shelf space and Boba Fresh/Throne + Mando season 2 Beskar being released same time he is are all converging to make it plain that I need to hold. my. horses.

BUT I WANT HIM
Well, they say Hot Toys is like crack to the collector. Once you start, you want it all….

The only character from those movies with any redeeming features. The Kylos were the only ST figures I ever had second thoughts about selling. Love or hate the character no-one can deny Adam Driver acted the hell out of that character. Plus the look is very cool, borrowed heavily from Revan.

BUT I WANT HIM
If it helps Jesse had some of the best and most emotional moments of season 7 of Clone Wars, so he can easily be justified as an individual clone purchase. He was also quite prominent in that amazing Umbara story arc from the 4th season.

Vaughn on the other hand was a bit more blink and you’ll miss him.

Last edited:
Back