Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it ever called Slave 1 in the OT or PT? I don't recall honestly and if it's called something else it's not going to ruin anything for me personally... Just seeing that ship again on screen was a dream come true.

In The Clone Wars Season 2 Episode 21, Aurra Sing says, "Bossk, fire up Slave I."

the-clone-wars-season-2-episode-21-16248210760.jpg

In Season 2 Episode 22 Aurra name checks it again:

the-clone-wars-season-2-episode-22-16248211480.jpg

Haha I can go with you re: the droid. But I guess he is at least a different droid to the standard ones. But the hat, really. It's what makes him Cad Bane. He's more western than OG Mando ! :)

I just think he'll give a really different look in the display, and stand out because of it.

I guess you could just take the hat off and go the Kojak look.
I believe his whole look and attitude were based on Lee van Cleef. So, basically, I want a live-action Cad Bane to be a blue Lee van Cleef.

MV5BMTY0ODU1NjY5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTI0NzEyMw@@._V1_.jpg
19732140_1069656656470185_6592761410737925992_n.jpg

Din Djarin seems to be based on Eastwood's 'Man with No Name' character. It's obvious Filoni (and probably Favreau) is a huge 'The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly fan''.

Why stop at his hat? Blast him in the face already.

Of course then Filoni will have him come back with a Mecha-Space-Whale head grafted on.

.....because some of us are not complete Tarantino-inspired savages who want to traumatize the kiddos.

OK I LIED, Im a savage.... And unfortunately you are completely correct

I believe his whole look and attitude were based on Lee van Cleef. So, basically, I want a live-action Cad Bane to be a blue Lee van Cleef.

View attachment 536422 View attachment 536423

Din Djarin seems to be based on Eastwood's 'Man with No Name' character. It's obvious Filoni (and probably Favreau) is a huge 'The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly fan''.

Another one of those “let’s just copy someone’s homework” for Din things because that’s also who George based Boba on and why they based Cad Bane off of Lee Van Cleef.

Jango was also based off Django too so yeah, George loved his spaghetti westerns.

Was it ever called Slave 1 in the OT or PT? I don't recall honestly and if it's called something else it's not going to ruin anything for me personally... Just seeing that ship again on screen was a dream come true.

It's been on all the official merchandise, websites, etc for decades. Nobody should be excusing bull**** like this.

It's been on all the official merchandise, websites, etc for decades. Nobody should be excusing bull**** like this.
Ehhh, not something I'm going to get worked up about. I'm sure there will be petitions to sign that will be ignored so why let it ruin your day? Now, if they blow it up AFTER calling the Firespray...then we riot! :)

I just take it as a move that Disney want to turn Boba into some kind of good character and build on him instead of keeping him as a villain.

They can have the ship getting badly damaged and then repaired and renamed in one of the episodes if they want.

Ehhh, not something I'm going to get worked up about. I'm sure there will be petitions to sign that will be ignored so why let it ruin your day? Now, if they blow it up AFTER calling the Firespray...then we riot! :)
Exactly, getting worked up about it is only going to ruin your own day. For me (and I'd say 99% of the fandom) it'll be forever Slave 1. End of story. Disney can call it whatever they want. I don't really give a rats ass.

Although "Barbie's Interstellar Transport" does have a certain ring to it :p

Imagine when Disney cuts Slave Leia from ROTJ. I'm surprised they haven't tried to delete that film altogether. :lol

You‘re right in that all that’s literally left is for Disney edit a new costume on her in her Tattooine scenes. Disney is capable of anything and they basically did it when they wiped their hands clean from even acknowledging the term, Slave Leia. Metal bikini Leia has technically been named Huttslayer Leia since around 2015 because you know, modern labels:lol

I just take it as a move that Disney want to turn Boba into some kind of good character and build on him instead of keeping him as a villain.

They can have the ship getting badly damaged and then repaired and renamed in one of the episodes if they want.
They should do that and name it Slave II!

HAHA Boba is going to become "good," this should be veddy innnnn-teresting.

I dont really think he will. After all, the internal code-name for the show was "Buccaneer." We'll see what Rodriquez ends up doing.

Attachments

• palacecrime.jpg
    palacecrime.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 49
HAHA Boba is going to become "good," this should be veddy innnnn-teresting.

I dont really think he will. After all, the internal code-name for the show was "Buccaneer." We'll see what Rodriquez ends up doing.
I agree they made the extra effort to make him bad-ass in the Mando. He'll make alliances which will suit him, but that's about as "good" as he'll get imo.

Hard not to watch Youtube insider reports like Star Wars Meg on this. Looks like it's going to be absolutely amazing !!!

Back