Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba F

Budget may not be the only reason, but budget considerations are always going to be factored into a production of any scale. A movie that costs hundreds of millions of dollars may still have things cut or cheapened because of the budget.

And The Mandalorian already does a lot with funds allocated to it.

There are likely other factors like the design, fabricators, actor/stunt person safety, etc. But they may just not have wanted to spend a lot of money on a costume for the very, very brief and not terribly significant scene showing the Gamorrean fighters.

Then make them other aliens and not drop in Gamorreans. There's no reason to do them poorly when you're Disney. Do it right or just pick another alien.

Re: Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba F

Then make them other aliens and not drop in Gamorreans. There's no reason to do them poorly when you're Disney. Do it right or just pick another alien.

Exactly. Those weird Gamorreans immediately stuck out like a sore thumb. I understand that they wanted to use regular muscular actors but it just looked wrong.

I probably would have been OK with them cheaping out on the Gamorreans if they were only used in the mobster fight scene. But then they used them again in Jabba's Palace:slap

It's fricking Star Wars, they have the budget for real Gamorreans and they should have spent it.

These guys are the reason I hope Bossk never shows up in either Mando or BoBF. What is that?! This isn't Star Trek TNG!! There's no way HT would do 2 versions of Bossk.

trandoshanthug1_1.jpg

The Quarren's had normal eyes as well but I'm less bothered by that.

Tessek_bg.jpg Quarren-Mandalorian-Season-2.jpg

The Mandalorian seems to be doing quite a good job at screwing up staple star wars creatures. Add to the growing list here the Aqualish who looked nothing like their film counterparts and more spiderhead like.

At least they got the Kubaz right. And I guess the Mon Calamari.

Not too bothered by the in species differences from OT to the Mandalorian. Life is about variety in our galaxy and it seems right to bring that variety to that far away galaxy as well.

Not too bothered by the in species differences from OT to the Mandalorian. Life is about variety in our galaxy and it seems right to bring that variety to that far away galaxy as well.

Agreed. Just because it's the same species doesn't mean they all need to look the same. It's not like all dogs look the same, for example. A bit of variety is good. Hot Toys is never going to make any of these weird and wonderful aliens anyway, so what does it really matter?

Agreed. Just because it's the same species doesn't mean they all need to look the same. It's not like all dogs look the same, for example. A bit of variety is good. Hot Toys is never going to make any of these weird and wonderful aliens anyway, so what does it really matter?

still patiently waiting for Kit Fisto.

:lol :lol The Captain just keepin it real !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still patiently waiting for Kit Fisto.

That's going to have to be one long patient wait. Whatever happened to these PT Jedi we were supposed to be getting?

Just going back to a Howard Chan quote from August 2019...

''Hot Toys also debuted Kit Fisto, the Nautolan Jedi Master with a tangle of flexible tentacle-like protrusions on the back of his green head, as part of a larger expansion coming to the line in the future, Chan says. “We want to start developing some of the Jedi characters from the prequel films,” he says, especially since many of the main characters from Star Wars have already been created.''

2 years later and we're still waiting. I can't even begin to fathom why we don't have a Mace Windu yet. Hands down one of the most popular characters in Star Wars, played by one of the biggest name actors of the last 30 years, and not a sniff of a figure. Crazy!

EDIT: Time for Hoody to start a 'Why no love from Hot Toys for the Prequel Trilogy' thread ;-)

These guys are the reason I hope Bossk never shows up in either Mando or BoBF. What is that?! This isn't Star Trek TNG!! There's no way HT would do 2 versions of Bossk.

View attachment 507690

Trandoshans are going to look like that for the same reason that Hellboy has human legs and feet in the movies: because translating the comic version to live action would be horrendously expensive and difficult. Trandoshans have super-long forearms and we wont be seeing that, either. Logistics.

With that said, the head COULD look a bit more like the design we know and love.

....I wonder if we are gonna see Sintas Vel in BoBF? I'd be down for that.

That's going to have to be one long patient wait. Whatever happened to these PT Jedi we were supposed to be getting?

Just going back to a Howard Chan quote from August 2019...

''Hot Toys also debuted Kit Fisto, the Nautolan Jedi Master with a tangle of flexible tentacle-like protrusions on the back of his green head, as part of a larger expansion coming to the line in the future, Chan says. “We want to start developing some of the Jedi characters from the prequel films,” he says, especially since many of the main characters from Star Wars have already been created.''

2 years later and we're still waiting. I can't even begin to fathom why we don't have a Mace Windu yet. Hands down one of the most popular characters in Star Wars, played by one of the biggest name actors of the last 30 years, and not a sniff of a figure. Crazy!

EDIT: Time for Hoody to start a 'Why no love from Hot Toys for the Prequel Trilogy' thread ;-)

I think Howard tends to think in decades, not days or weeks. But I guess we'll get there at some point.

Well I guess that thread might have helped for Krennic. But no Baze yet !!!

Cassian will be coming I'm sure !!! But that's when we need to push for #releasebaze

View attachment 507690

To be fair, there will be many different looks to Trandoshans, as there would be of every alien species. As was mentioned above, the difference in species of dogs is worthy of note. But, even here on earth, if you were to take a single human native from each country on earth and stand them next to each other, there are variations in height, body shape, eye colour, facial structure, skin colour, hair, etc, to say nothing about clothing, and we are all *the same thing*. I am always happy to see different sculpts in the aliens we *think* we already have a handle on.
And your pic above isn't Bossk, so HT would never put that guy out and claim he's Bossk.
Also, i think that if HT do *that guy* before Bespin Han, we will all be very, very salty, lol.

Hopefully Bossk makes an appearance in Book Of Boba.

But all aliens must look the same just like all members of Yoda's species must begin with a Y!!!

We already seen a different looking Trandoshan in Clone Wars (top left), as well as a more Bossk-like one (bottom left).

cpawk2J.png

I'm not saying they should all look the same, but the one in Mando is clearly a human with prosthetics...the facial relationships and proportions are too human for my taste. They managed to make Mon Calamari, Quarren and Abyssin just fine but with Trandoshans they just put contact lenses on instead of doing the eyes properly. Probably for stunt/choreography purposes I know, I was just disappointed to see them look a bit cheap.

View attachment 507690

For as much of a Boba fanboy Favreau, Filoni, and Rodriguez are, there's NO WAY Bossk won't be in The Book of Boba Fett.

I think these guys did a live-action Bossk pretty well I'm sure those three in charge of the show will make sure they do him justice.

Starts at the 11:45 mark if it doesn't auto start there.

That's what I'm talking about! Now that's a Trandoshan! Big reptile eyes, 3 fingers even though they were a bit rubbery looking. By all means move things around, change the colouring, the basics can still be there. Thanks.

Back