1/6 Hot Toys - Contest of Champions Venompool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is no one's favorite figure but the thread should see some update with the release.

vp1.jpg

vp2.jpg

vp3.jpg

More here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=hottoys&set=a.10157557494742344

Hearing that the price is dropping like crazy, so I keeping an eye out :p

Wow, this turned out better than the proto!!! I'm so stoked! I just preordered 10 of these!!!! :clap :yess:

Anyone have a lead on any discounts on this guy?

As a huge Deadpool fan, this guy is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I already received my arrival notice for this guy from Sideshow. Processing date is 10/16.

You know what, if this wasn't done well it would have been an absolute dud. But watching that video everything about it is really nice. I'd never buy it, not my thing, but the quality is there for its existence to be justified. For those who really dig it, will be a cool unique piece!

I don't like Justins reviews purely because of his intonation and way of emphasizing words, a weird hybrid of a Jeremy Clarkson way of talking, as well as pure white backgrounds.

However, I'm glad that in this review he mentioned the criticism he gets for just liking everything and getting paid to review the figures. Even I can tell he's speaking truthfully when reviewing this figure, he's just a guy that loves a lot of stuff, he retains his child like wonder at things in a way, can't fault the guy for that, or what he can afford and is willing to buy. For me these aren't things to get riled over, his reviews in a way aren't really of giving his opinion so much as they are of getting good close-up first hand reviews as soon as possible.

I'm never going to buy this piece, but if I was into weird comic hybrids Hot Toys style, this would interest me, it's done very well.

I don't like Justins reviews purely because of his intonation and way of emphasizing words, a weird hybrid of a Jeremy Clarkson way of talking, as well as pure white backgrounds.

However, I'm glad that in this review he mentioned the criticism he gets for just liking everything and getting paid to review the figures. Even I can tell he's speaking truthfully when reviewing this figure, he's just a guy that loves a lot of stuff, he retains his child like wonder at things in a way, can't fault the guy for that, or what he can afford and is willing to buy. For me these aren't things to get riled over, his reviews in a way aren't really of giving his opinion so much as they are of getting good close-up first hand reviews as soon as possible.

I'm never going to buy this piece, but if I was into weird comic hybrids Hot Toys style, this would interest me, it's done very well.

The problem isn't that he likes everything, per se, it's that he always makes excuses for the shortcomings of a figure as well. When Hot Toys cheaps out on something or doesn't get it quite right he usually says something along the lines of "but I'm fine with that".

The problem isn't that he likes everything, per se, it's that he always makes excuses for the shortcomings of a figure as well. When Hot Toys cheaps out on something or doesn't get it quite right he usually says something along the lines of "but I'm fine with that".

That doesn't sound like an excuse. That just sounds like he can live with it :dunno if he was making excuses it would be more along the lines of "item x is incorrect, but hot toys got a lot right here" or something like " the headsculpt is off, but the figure came out quickly".

Those are excuses. What you're talking about is just him saying that something doesn't bother him personally.

I honestly don't get all the fuss around Justin. The dude has some of the best close ups of figures. It's easy enough to mute and enjoy if you can't stand his voice or something and its not like his opinion is solely swaying hot toys.

I dont care if he pays two dollars or two thousand dollars to get is figures. I just want to see the damn the thing.

/rant

I appreciate that, I do overemphasise things sometimes and sound overly excited, I get it. It’s just the way I like to deliver my content. Listening to someone who’s monotonous and robotic for 24 mins umming and arrring gets tiring real quick. I try and keep it up beat and exciting which I personally would prefer. At the end of the day I just try and make the type of content I would like to watch if that makes sense.

Totally not making excuses for anything, if I’m willing to forgive something it doesn’t mean you have to. Never understood why people can’t get that others can have different opinions. It’s like getting mad at someone for liking bacon just because you don’t. At the end of the day we all like what we like!

Totally not making excuses for anything, if I’m willing to forgive something it doesn’t mean you have to. Never understood why people can’t get that others can have different opinions. It’s like getting mad at someone for liking bacon just because you don’t. At the end of the day we all like what we like!

Hear hear. I enjoy your content man, keep it up! Best of luck.

Back