1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never worry about photos anymore just because these look so much better in hand. I have plenty of figures on my shelf that i have never seen a great photo of but look really good in person.

I'm not getting this but everyone who is i think will be happy when they open the box.

All lighting, angle, and minor changes from proto to production, as is the case with 95% of all Hot Toys figures. They didn't resculpt anything here. But power to you if you're happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

All lighting, angle, and minor changes from proto to production, as is the case with 95% of all Hot Toys figures.

Someone needs to do a portrait comparison picture between the proto and this one, I highly doubt it is lighting. The eye size and shape look noticeably different and jawline looks sharper.

They didn't resculpt anything here.

I think most people would disagree with you, I actually didn't think this was debatable because only a short while ago people thought this new improved sculpt was the training sculpt. Not saying you are wrong but I am pretty sure they did change things, hence why people are complaining about the mouth being too open because the mouth on the proto looked totally different as the teeth were not as noticeable. IMO what they did was pull a QS001, remember how the actual product cowl turned out way better than the original proto?

But power to you if you're happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks but I was just offering an objective opinion on this, because I do agree the likeness is still not good enough. The reason I notice the changes like jawline shape and prominent cheek bones and larger eyes is because those were the major features I was complaining about from day one that I felt the proto sculpt lacked. Now whether they redid the sculpt or not, these new pictures of the sculpt appear to have those features, which were not visible on the proto pics.

Last edited:
I see a lot of unwarranted negativity on this release. Facebook is even worse when the non-collectors chime in.

This is not a perfect release - none of them ever are. But it's the most realistic version if the Gal Gadot Wonder Woman in a posable figure format currently available. For that reason, I'll take it. There's always a culture of not good enough this or not good enough that. People are living in the reality of what's currently available and not some fantasy standard of a character that is ultimately unattainable (because everyone has different ideas about what works for them for that particular character).

This was probably the best that Hot Toys was capable of given the materials and current demands for this release. I agree it's not a perfect likeness and maybe even that the Training Version has a better likeness...however, this is still a strong likeness. The complaints on the teeth sticking out are also pretty silly and overly exaggerated.

When will these figures ever be good enough? Several years back, Sideshow was the standard. Now, it's Hot Toys. The demands for heightened realism/photorealism in the sculpt/clothing/paintwork of figures seems to grow day by day, but when will that ever be enough?

Back when I was a kid, the small Star Wars figures were good enough. Today, there's a certain stylization they're known for which gives them a kind of charm that feeds our nostalgia. I think that, ultimately, is more important than any blatant display of the kind of generic realism/accuracy that's so common these days in the 1/6 scale figures.

Do you know what an opinion is?

Also, do you know how to ignore?

This thread has sure been moving fast. I think it looks really good in certain photos and angles, but some not as much. I'm gonna wait for either a solo movie version or a JL version. Still great to see this one finally release.

i think they used this to do the head sculpt but lessened the brow intensity PP33776.jpg. oh and the first video has popped up:

I came close to pre-ordering this figure today, but decided against it after seeing the final product. I even had the $50 off coupon, but just couldn't pull the trigger. Am I the only one who feels like rooted hair just doesn't work? I mean, you really have to know what you're doing just to get it to look halfway decent, and even then a lot of times it just looks off. No idea ho sculpted hair would look either, though. I'm sure it would limit posing, but if it looked better, and more accurate I could live with it.

I've always felt like sculpted hair but with many interchangeable hair pieces would be the way to go, like where you could have the head turned or looking in a certain direction and use the corresponding hair piece to have the hair look natural. But alas, I'm not in charge of anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I did some close ups with some of what I thought were the best blogger pics and with a little editing ..To say that this looks nothing like Gal is a misconception

I think it pans down to the expression and what HT did with her mouth

Yeah, I don't see why people complain here! That's a dead on likeness of Morena Baccarin!

....huh? What? She's not supposed to be Baccarin?:monkey3

Yeah, I don't see why people complain here! That's a dead on likeness of Morena Baccarin!

....huh? What? She's not supposed to be Baccarin?:monkey3

I see that too, but when you blow a one inch headsculpt up to maybe six inches on a screen, it will never hold up.
I reckon on a shelf from a couple of feet away, you will see it as it truly is.

The head is too small and narrow. Proportions are way off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't get why people are so against rooted hair, it's not that bad if you get rid of the mindset that it's weird or bad to mess or fix your figures hair. I just run my fingers through it or use the end of a comb and it turns out fine, looks more realistic than sculpted.

I don't get why people are so against rooted hair
Laziness. You can pop the head off, run it under warm water from a tap and twist little sections together and let it dry in thoes twists to get the effect. It would take like 5 minutes to do aside from letting it dry in a natural manner. You can add product. Its just the mindset. They see a figure in bad lighting, and that means the figure looks bad. They see a figure in a unflattering pose, and thats means the figure looks bad. Its like, they want to get the figure and it magically teleports onto their shelf pre-posed in excellent lighting without needing to put any work nor effort in. Its some kind of entitlement. Just because you spend a high amount of money it doesnt mean you dont need to put time into the figure and nurture it so it can reach its full potential. They are figures not statues.

Laziness. You can pop the head off, run it under warm water from a tap and twist little sections together and let it dry in thoes twists to get the effect. It would take like 5 minutes to do aside from letting it dry in a natural manner. You can add product. Its just the mindset. They see a figure in bad lighting, and that means the figure looks bad. They see a figure in a unflattering pose, and thats means the figure looks bad. Its like, they want to get the figure and it magically teleports onto their shelf pre-posed in excellent lighting without needing to put any work nor effort in. Its some kind of entitlement. Just because you spend a high amount of money it doesnt mean you dont need to put time into the figure and nurture it so it can reach its full potential.

Agreed. I usually spend a couple of hours on just the pose alone, and I know other collectors do to. And those same collectors will then complain about the 30 minutes or more it takes to fluff up some hair that already comes pre-styled and with product in it, because they still believe rooted hair = Barbies, and that Barbie = cooties.

Which is ironic, because Barbie does rooted hair better than Hot Toys.

That's a very good figure but likeness is way off... the training sculpt shows what should have been done with this one.

I like what I saw in the "unboxing" video. She is looking like many other HT figures....well - rendered with a likeness that looks...good, but slightly off somehow, depending on the angle. The hair? I'll reserve judgement until I get a chance to work with it.

I'm impressed with the seamless body. Hope it's not as shiny looking as it appears in that video though. As others have expressed, I'm concerned about the quality, durability and longevity of it...here's hoping she doesn't become another one of those figures that ends up having quality issues like some others that employed some kind of rubber - based parts have.

It's great to finally see this figure arrive. Looking forward to many more reviews and photos while I wait for mine...

didnt the guys in the video say, that HT or the manual stated, that you shouldnt do extreme stretched poses with her
because the joints will damage the rubber over time if its too stressed?
so i wouldnt pose her in epic action poses over a long time.
and you can already see some slightly damaged parts on the rubber on the one photo.

Back