1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
****! I'm still waiting for my Battfleck. Anybody else waiting for Batman?

Yes, lots of us still waiting. He wont make it to Europe till at least the end of November. Probably lots of other regions facing a similar wait.

WW estimate is February here. I'm still surprised shes not been released in Hong Kong yet. The same proto has been around for ages, must surely mean there has been improvements either to the body or the sculpt...or they'd have just released it right? I don't mind the wait if we get a better figure although a little update from Hot Toys would be nice.

The longer I have to wait for the figure the more I'm thinking about skipping the BvS-version and go for the stand-alone... Maybe that will come with a cool trench-base

The longer I have to wait for the figure the more I'm thinking about skipping the BvS-version and go for the stand-alone... Maybe that will come with a cool trench-base

I think so too. She will most likely have more accessories. I don't mind the wait and don't mind skipping the BvS one but we will see how I feel when she gets released :)

I do wish she'd release, but if the wait means they're tweaking the sculpt a bit, then I'm all for it. I think the sculpt is good as is, but could use some altering to the eye area to me.

My line of thinking was to skip this to but temptation got the better of me in the end! If the solo version turns out much better it won't be difficult to sell the BVS version and upgrade. As long as everything is kept in pristine condition its hard to lose much money at all on HT figures. Worst case scenario I effectively end up paying a small loan fee to have the figure for several months before selling and upgrading.

I do wish she'd release, but if the wait means they're tweaking the sculpt a bit, then I'm all for it. I think the sculpt is good as is, but could use some altering to the eye area to me.

Agree, its better to wait for a great figure than get a mediocre one now. As much as anything I would have just preferred a more fierce expression on the sculpt but the rest of the figure looks so good I can live with it. To have the trinity on the shelf was too much of a pull for me to pass on this in the end.

Agree, its better to wait for a great figure than get a mediocre one now. As much as anything I would have just preferred a more fierce expression on the sculpt but the rest of the figure looks so good I can live with it. To have the trinity on the shelf was too much of a pull for me to pass on this in the end.

Yep, same here.

I personally wouldn't call it mediocre as it is right now though. I think it's an awesome figure and I'd be happy with it based on what was shown at SDCC, as I thought it looked great. However, like with many things, it can always stand to be better. I think the sculpt is already pretty good as is, but I think the eyes and the eyebrows need to be a bit more slanted and I'm also hoping she comes with a bit more of a fierce expression, like in the Trinity pose. The eyes as they currently are to me look slightly too round.

you guys need to think about what sculpted hair means.

her hair is long.

HT avoid doing long sculpted hair because it hinders articulation and looks like a bunch of plastic noodles.

They can make the hair flexible. I don't play with these figures so I won't cry if some articulation is lost so we don't have to comb doll hair. I never seen Hot Toys figures with sculpted hair that look like noodles.

Yep, same here.

I personally wouldn't call it mediocre as it is right now though. I think it's an awesome figure and I'd be happy with it based on what was shown at SDCC, as I thought it looked great. However, like with many things, it can always stand to be better. I think the sculpt is already pretty good as is, but I think the eyes and the eyebrows need to be a bit more slanted and I'm also hoping she comes with a bit more of a fierce expression, like in the Trinity pose. The eyes as they currently are to me look slightly too round.

I didn't put it very well but I didn't mean to imply this figure was mediocre. Just figures generally if they are rushed, I'd rather wait for something more polished. Same with Ghostbusters, we all want those figures by March, but if they get delayed til summer for the sake of improvement that's fine.

The delay on WW might have nothing to do with the sculpt of course, could be the articulation or anything really. Those first in hand pics from Hong Kong will tell us a lot.

I didn't put it very well but I didn't mean to imply this figure was mediocre. Just figures generally if they are rushed, I'd rather wait for something more polished. Same with Ghostbusters, we all want those figures by March, but if they get delayed til summer for the sake of improvement that's fine.

The delay on WW might have nothing to do with the sculpt of course, could be the articulation or anything really. Those first in hand pics from Hong Kong will tell us a lot.

No worries, I actually thought that might have been what you meant; just a general statement of waiting longer for something to look better rather than settle for mediocrity right now.

You and I are on the same page with this. :duff

I think the sculpt is good overall, I'd be happy with it if it stayed as is, but it can use some minor tweaking to the eyes and eyebrows to give her a bit more of a fierce expression. The eyes seem slightly too round to me.

:duff Right on!

Same I'm happy with what we got but if they improve on it then the final version will be that much better.

Yup, I'm happy with what we got too but any improvements would be icing on the cake. :D

Aren't a lot of Hot Toys released in Hong Kong on Thursdays? Maybe tomorrow is the day...wishful thinking I know 😁

Was hoping for some new footage, but I'm still excited for WW, hope it will be good. If not, at least it will still have a kick ass theme song. DC movies at least have more exciting and memorable theme songs than Marvel.

Looks like we have to wait a bit longer for her.
IMG_6090.JPG

Trying to be positive for a second....figures have been released before that have NOT appeared on the official coming soon pic.

Correct.. They wanted to surprise everyone....

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Back