1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone think they're gonna tweak the face before release? I have everything from the line on order except WW. The body looks great, but the face is keeping me from ordering.

Anyone think they're gonna tweak the face before release? I have everything from the line on order except WW. The body looks great, but the face is keeping me from ordering.

It's possible. I don't see them doing very much though if they do. If they tweak it at all that is. For me personally, I think the sculpt looks good. Not perfect, but it's good. For many, they claim that it doesn't look like Gal Gadot. For me, that's the point; if you're looking for it to look like Gal Gadot as Gal Gadot, you're going to be disappointed. It looks like Gal Gadot as WW. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it seems like when she's WW, she has a totally different look than what she does when she's just herself. Even in the film. When she was simply Diana Prince, she had a totally different look, even in her face, than what she did as WW. As WW, she doesn't look as "exotic" looking per se, in my opinion.

To me it doesn't look even vaguely like her. If it did, I'd have it ordered already. Whether she has on the costume or not, her face is still her face and that sculpt just doesn't capture it. The sculpt is too soft. Gadot has sharper features. Maybe it's something they can fix with paint application.

I doubt they tweak the face sculpt, quite the opposite since announcement the face and suit detail were their proudest features, the only thing that troubles me is that unlike Bats we never got an update about the body. Currently the body is way to close to being a statue.

Since they probably won't fix the headsculpt, I'll just wait for the upgraded standalone movie Wonder Woman figure :lol

I think she looks bored like all female HotToys unfortunately. The most they'll do is improve the paint. They could make her look fierce that way

To me it doesn't look even vaguely like her. If it did, I'd have it ordered already. Whether she has on the costume or not, her face is still her face and that sculpt just doesn't capture it. The sculpt is too soft. Gadot has sharper features. Maybe it's something they can fix with paint application.

To me it looks like her as Wonder Woman, which is why I ordered it. Not perfect, but I think the likeness is there. I think if perhaps they did something as simple as slant the eyebrows upward a bit more ever so slightly, it could potentially go a long way. Doesn't look so much like her as regular Diana Prince though either way.

Batman-V-Superman-Wonder-Woman-Diana-Prince-Bruce-Wayne.jpg

She just has a different look about her to me as Wonder Woman that I feel the sculpt does a decent job at replicating.

1458863759405.cached.jpg

I think she looks bored like all female HotToys unfortunately. The most they'll do is improve the paint. They could make her look fierce that way

Male or female, the majority of HT's sculpts all have a stoic expression.

you all dont want to see joints, so they cover them and now you think it looks too much like a statue.......sigh, mess.

not that it looks too much like a statue, that it IS too much of a statue, no one wants joints showing and with a character that shows a lot of skin thats a problem, but instead of improving the seamless bodies they have made they chose a statue like torso to eliminate shoulder seems. Ada Wong's body was pretty damn close to being seamless and had 25 pt articulation. Phicen is virtually 100 seamless and has more articulation than the normal hot toys body and doesnt suffer as hard from cracking and peeling issues. Granted we can still be wrong about all this when the figure is out, but I would like that slap to the face

giphy.gif

Since they probably won't fix the headsculpt, I'll just wait for the upgraded standalone movie Wonder Woman figure :lol

:exactly: I did want this, but am thinking that I might wait for the solo film figure too...I'll wait to see some in-hand pics first I think before deciding. :)

:exactly: I did want this, but am thinking that I might wait for the solo film figure too...I'll wait to see some in-hand pics first I think before deciding. :)

I've got a feeling we may only get the old school outfit from her new movie. My double feeling is that they'll recycle the face sculpt like they do for Black Widow. At least till the Justice league movie.

Now that all the movies are gonna be more frequent, it makes me abit reluctant to buy any figure since there will always be a better version round the corner.
Hopefully HT continue to keep their value

I can't wait for this figure, with that outfit and all that skin, she'll definitely stand out among my other figures.

Back