1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$6,500.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

The definition of stupidity and insanity right there.

I've heard of some who charge more, and it's supply and demand. But, I agree. That's the amount you're paid to teach two classes at the university where I work.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If my painting skills were that good(which I bet I'd be good at if my arms weren't broken)... I'd never charge anyone THAT much, that's insane.

Not sure how $6k could ever be considered pocket change. The few genuinely wealthy people I know also happen to be the most likely to haggle over every last penny. :lol guess that's why I'm poor.

The third party Wayne sculpts out there obviously arent as good as that custom one but at $6,450 cheaper I'd argue they offer better value for money. :lol

He takes commissions (although not at the moment it would seem) and prices are around $6,500.

giphy.gif

I know of comicbook artists who can make $6500 for probably 20% of the time it takes Adam Gu to sculpt one head*, but personally, with mass-produced FULL figures now coming out with fantastic likeness and all-around sculpt, I'll take the more practical route regardless if there are 999 more people who owns the same figure.

More power to those who can easily afford Adam's work, though.

*and almost always, they make that much money with work commissioned for publication by the copyright owner which then gets bought by an art collector.

I sort of get those that need 7 Lamborghini and 17 mansions, it's about the status.

But I bet that even Floyd Mayweather and Cristiano Ronaldo would look at this HS and say "$6,500"????!!!!!" Are you insane??

I'm sorry, I appreciate hard work and all that, but some things are just borderline insane and stupid.

I sort of get those that need 7 Lamborghini and 17 mansions, it's about the status.

But I bet that even Floyd Mayweather and Cristiano Ronaldo would look at this HS and say "$6,500"????!!!!!" Are you insane??

I'm sorry, I appreciate hard work and all that, but some things are just borderline insane and stupid.

I think Ronaldo has already had enough problems with the sculpt on his own statue.
240427_54_news_hub_199023_656x500.jpg

Probably cost more than $6,500 to. :lol

He takes commissions (although not at the moment it would seem) and prices are around $6,500.

Are you serious? That's gotta be a joke! Please tell me that's a joke. Who would pay that for a 1/6 scale head sculpt? It's a nice sculpt but for that much it better talk to me as well.

On another note. Finally got my hands on the World's Finest figures:

Did he sculpt that head too? For $6.5k I would at least expect a version of Ben Affleck that doesn't look like he's about to doze off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I honestly thought that was a joke. No way a 1/6 head sculpt is ever worth that much.

Think about it though...how many head sculpts does a HT artist do per year (I'd say you could count on one hand) and then JC Hong goes and does the proto paint work on them. Now think about how much they get paid by HT to do a handful of sculpts every year. I reckon the one off heads that they do would equal a similar price to what Adam charges, only HT mass produces to make it cost effective.

Well I remember there was one guy who paid $6K+ for a DX11 Joker sculpt. He got upset about being judged in that thread. Maybe we can ask him about this one. :lol

Think about it though...how many head sculpts does a HT artist do per year (I'd say you could count on one hand) and then JC Hong goes and does the proto paint work on them. Now think about how much they get paid by HT to do a handful of sculpts every year. I reckon the one off heads that they do would equal a similar price to what Adam charges, only HT mass produces to make it cost effective.

HT sculptors must be paid well, I'm sure, but I think they could ask for more money if a wealthy collector commissions them for a one-off sculpt outside of their work for HT. That, *I think*, is why Adam's yet to sculpt for HT while it was said (rumored?) that he was approached by HT before to do a Joker sculpt. Doing a sculpt for mass-production in a mainstream scale (1/6) might lessen the demands for exclusive commissions (of that certain character, at least-- perhaps the character he's most in demand for), thus less earnings for him.

Back