1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah. Some of the figs in South East Asia here has started peeling off. The suit, the heat, and the humidity doesnt go well. I foresee mine becoming the same way.

Oh yeah. Some of the figs in South East Asia here has started peeling off. The suit, the heat, and the humidity doesnt go well. I foresee mine becoming the same way.

That sucks mate. If that would happen to me, I would just get rid of the material on the pants of him as well. Make it more even. It doesn?t look that bad tbh, but still weird for something you pay 200+ for.

That sucks mate. If that would happen to me, I would just get rid of the material on the pants of him as well. Make it more even. It doesn?t look that bad tbh, but still weird for something you pay 200+ for.

Yep. Which is why I mostly avoid pleather figures, but Bats is just way too good looking to pass up. Quite a few of my collector friends here have moved to collecting statues instead, as its much easier to clean and display. Had a friend who sold his MISB fig to a buyer who opened up the figure and had the suit stuck to the plastic. So many of my figures have gone through this process that I just always assume it?ll happen to whatever I collect. For my bats, it?s the knee part flaking off now. Medicom Spawn, Medicom FOTNS Kenshiro, HT Hellboy, HT Ezio, SS Star Wars, Pangea Achilles, etc.

At some point, I just became so desensitized to it.

Ouch. I'd definitely stop collecting if it happens to me. Are you unable to prevent it by putting them in a special room out of direct sunlight, in a cabinet, dehumidifier in the room/cooling, not handling figures with bare hands or extreme posing?

Then again, even in the UK both my Hot Toys BvS Bats and SS Batman stuck to itself with the BvS armpits pulling some of its surface pattern off. I got rid off them because I cba to go through the stress of always checking. I had them out of direct sunlight and mostly in their boxes. Some of the rooms I lived in did get very hot, but not all the time.

My JL Batman is holding up very well.

So.... I bought the peeling SS Batman off the guy, will be converting it to TDKR and getting the suit from Jaxon.

Bought another BvS Batman and will be converting that into SS with the parts here. :yess:

IMG_20200722_021048.jpg

So.... I bought the peeling SS Batman off the guy, will be converting it to TDKR and getting the suit from Jaxon.

Bought another BvS Batman and will be converting that into SS with the parts here. :yess:

View attachment 490798
Everything I've seen of this is terrifying and upsetting to me. I hope everything works out for you and that you end up with something amazing and special. Keep us updated with pics of progress along the journey

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Everything I've seen of this is terrifying and upsetting to me. I hope everything works out for you and that you end up with something amazing and special. Keep us updated with pics of progress along the journey

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Figure's quite dusty to the touch, kind of felt that the previous owner did not really take care of it?

Or the suit was stuck to the tray cover while being kept in the box and the owner accidentally peeled it while removing the figure?

Yeah, that is very worrying. I recently put mine up for sale, then had a little sellers remorse and ended the listing....this has got me wondering whether I should sell it now while the going is good.

Have had pleather deterioration on a couple of figures and it's not great when you have paid out so much money.

Did.not realise this figure had that problem.

f1f50623dd04665aa038f872263cce4f.png

If anyone is looking for this guy, this dude is selling him.

If this breaks any rules, I apologize and feel free to delete the post. Just want to show whoever is waiting on him for a good price that there is one out there.

Back