1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love that guy.

IMG_3957_zpspr37y1jn.jpg

IMG_3964_zpsugownyxq.jpg

IMG_3952_zpsxlkg83vt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by guyver1 View Post

I would use a q tip with a small drop of art store paint thinner and lightly brush over the gold to see if it will rub off the knee, do this carefully, you don't want to strip the material of the knee. If you feel the paint rubbing off quickly follow with a qtip dipped in warm water and mild detergent soap . Should come off, tried this technique many times, usually with the HT fabric on their costumes paint is just rubbed on the fabric during shipping or boxing preparations in the factory so with the right tools you can rub off the paint issues

If you are not familiar with paint thinners, you can go to any art or hobby store and find some. I sometimes use brush cleaner solution from a art store. Never use acetone or nail remover that will strip the color of the material right off and damage the fabric.

Sometimes 70% rubbing alcohol with a qtip might also work in removing paint, but some cases could also strip the fabric because it's pure alcohol

I contacted Sideshow support, they have always been pretty good. Hopefully they'll do a replacement. As expensive as these things are you'd think hot toys QC would catch something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

could you post more angles of this? or maybe post a tip or two? I'm trying like hell to get this pose and i just can't nail it....help! :duff

I don't have him in that pose anymore, but I have a few pics of other angles. I'm not good at explaining, I tried to pose him in a S curve as best as the figure can do it. I have the legs and knees a little wider than shoulder width apart. The ankle joints are pretty sturdy, so it can hold the pose without tipping. The waist/torso is slighty twisted and leaning left. The shoulders are pushed back. I used the eyes that have him looking left, I have the head leaning forward/down, slightly turned left and tilted right. Then I futzed with the cape and belt, and then finally, most poses only look good if it is photoed at the right angle.

I sometimes try to do the pose myself to fine detail it, like hand, arm positions, etc. Of course, a lot of HT figures are limited by their costumes, and choice of hands, lol, so have to work with what you got. I would be careful, I learned my lesson after tearing the suit of my MOS Supes putting him in some extreme poses. Just go slowly and be gentle, especially when trying to move/turn joints under the suit. Thanks for liking the pose, trust me, you don't know how much time I waste trying to pose my figures. It takes a lot of futzing to get a pose the way you want it.

Attachments

• DSC_0364.JPG
    DSC_0364.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 355
  • DSC_0359.JPG
    DSC_0359.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 349
  • DSC_0345.JPG
    DSC_0345.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 359
I don't have him in that pose anymore, but I have a few pics of other angles. I'm not good at explaining, I tried to pose him in a S curve as best as the figure can do it. I have the legs and knees a little wider than shoulder width apart. The ankle joints are pretty sturdy, so it can hold the pose without tipping. The waist/torso is slighty twisted and leaning left. The shoulders are pushed back. I used the eyes that have him looking left, I have the head leaning forward/down, slightly turned left and tilted right. Then I futzed with the cape and belt, and then finally, most poses only look good if it is photoed at the right angle.

I sometimes try to do the pose myself to fine detail it, like hand, arm positions, etc. Of course, a lot of HT figures are limited by their costumes, and choice of hands, lol, so have to work with what you got. I would be careful, I learned my lesson after tearing the suit of my MOS Supes putting him in some extreme poses. Just go slowly and be gentle, especially when trying to move/turn joints under the suit. Thanks for liking the pose, trust me, you don't know how much time I waste trying to pose my figures. It takes a lot of futzing to get a pose the way you want it.

Followed you on Flickr. Nice pictures!

Thanks, checking yours out too :hi5: I've been slow on updating lately, but trying to get back to it.
Haha thanks. I'm a little embarrassed. You're much more creative with your posing lol. I do mostly wildlife and landscape so toys are a little different.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I got lucky last week & got the one & only at my LCS.:yess:
But as a result I had to cancel my black chrome P.O. w/ SS. :gah:
In the end I decided I'd rather have two of these instead of two versions of the armored one. :exactly:
A bit of a Capullo style pose...

bs2.jpg

bs3.jpg

bs4.jpg

bs1.jpg

Love this breakdown of how you posed it. Just like the human body, these figures move in 3 different planes. You've figured out how to apply it to figures in a dynamic way that truly brings the figure to life, which is no easy task. Amazing stuff!

I bought the sniper rifle exclusive version and I'm really tempted to sell the rifle - I don't think I'll ever pose it with him, it just looks too small and like a toy gun. Does it bother anyone else?

You mean a conventional gun at least? He always has variations of guns. I guess for this it was taken out of Frank Miller's comic, and its a long range tracking device gun. But aside form that, I just think it's not the correct size, looks out of place more in proportion for me than why is Batman holding a rifle.

For me it just doesnt look right for batman to have a gun.

I agree. I know he used it in the movie, and in TDKR, and the gas grenade launcher, etc., etc.... I prefer the comic version of Batman who abhors guns. I'll be posing mine with Batarangs. But that said, great poses (even with the guns), and fantastic pics everyone!!!!! Really inspiring!

Back