Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw, that rating goes only by like/dislike. The actual rating is 5.1/10.

I always hated how rotten does their headline scores.

The main problem most people have with it is that it's badly edited, paced, written, with schizophrenic characterization. It's a film only focused on the visuals and it shows.

The dark aesthetic and mood are perfectly fine. Critics would be HAPPY with a dark film... but it needs to be GOOD. This isn't a good film, and if your a fan who loves the style over substance films, then this is for you. It's a visual beauty. Just doesn't have the writing, or any other basic film making fundamentals to back it up.

a 5.1/10 is actually perfectly fair as far as the average rating goes. That's around what it deserves.

The main problem most people have with it is that it's badly edited, paced, written, with schizophrenic characterization. It's a film only focused on the visuals and it shows.

The dark aesthetic and mood are perfectly fine. Critics would be HAPPY with a dark film... but it needs to be GOOD. This isn't a good film, and if your a fan who loves the style over substance films, then this is for you. It's a visual beauty. Just doesn't have the writing, or any other basic film making fundamentals to back it up.

a 5.1/10 is actually perfectly fair as far as the average rating goes. That's around what it deserves.

Spot on.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I concur with all of these posts.

32% is alarming to me in the sense that that's getting down into Superman III, Superman IV territory. I mean really, it's THAT bad? I don't think it's even possible to make a superhero film today that is that bad, even if you were trying to.

The math is deceptive. 32% doesn't mean it's as bad as any other movie that got 32%. 32% doesn't mean that the movie was 68% bad. It means that only 32% of the critics walked out of the movie thinking they could recommend it. I bet Superman IV probably has a lot more 1 star negative reviews from the critics than BvS does, and BvS probably has a whole bunch more 2-star negative reviews than Superman IV does. But for critics 2 stars out of 4 also counts as a negative review and Rotten Tomatoes doesn't distinguish between "levels of negativity". 1 star or 2, if it's a negative review it's a negative review.

The math is deceptive. 32% doesn't mean it's as bad as any other movie that got 32%. 32% doesn't mean that the movie was 68% bad. It means that only 32% of the critics walked out of the movie thinking they could recommend it. I bet Superman IV probably has a lot more 1 star negative reviews from the critics than BvS does, and BvS probably has a whole bunch more 2-star negative reviews than Superman IV does. But for critics 2 stars out of 4 also counts as a negative review and Rotten Tomatoes doesn't distinguish between "levels of negativity". 1 star or 2, if it's a negative review it's a negative review.

Yes too broad of a measuring stick and too simplified- that's the 'net for you...

Man I'm watching superman II, it's on syfy tonight..lol what a joke. Look it's a good movie. But come on now. Everyone needs to lose the rose colored glasses. non hits superman, who gets pushed into a building and the extent of damage is....bent shutters. Lol yep, that's what we need now. But hey, at least it's brightly lit. And they smile! Lol

And the acting...so good. Lol pace is awesome. Or ya know, not. But bright colors. I'll give it that edge.

Man I'm watching superman II, it's on syfy tonight..lol what a joke. Look it's a good movie. But come on now. Everyone needs to lose the rose colored glasses. non hits superman, who gets pushed into a building and the extent of damage is....bent shutters. Lol yep, that's what we need now. But hey, at least it's brightly lit. And they smile! Lol

And the acting...so good. Lol pace is awesome. Or ya know, not. But bright colors. I'll give it that edge.

:lecture

It was the Superman of its time. Unlike Batman whose films keep redefining the character Supes is stuck on a version 30+ years old because nothing since has been worth a squat for most fans. :dunno

Such a narrow minded view. Dark Knight was a dark movie that was fun to watch. BvS isn't a bad movie because it's dark. Yet sadly that's what you keep choosing to argue. This movie is bad because it's an overcrowded, poorly edited, incoherent story.

31% on Rotten Tomatoes now. Never thought it would be this low.

31% on critics and yet the people have 74%. I saw the movie today and is not flawless, but is a great comicbook movie. I kept pointing out to my wife every comic book reference in it. Is a little slow at first but is essential to the story all the characters are good except Perry White. The movie is an 8 out 10.

Ps. RT has sharknado in an 84 %. :lol

31% on critics and yet the people have 74%. I saw the movie today and is not flawless, but is a great comicbook movie. I kept pointing out to my wife every comic book reference in it. Is a little slow at first but is essential to the story all the characters are good except Perry White. The movie is an 8 out 10.

Ps. RT has sharknado in an 84 %. :lol

Audience score was 84%. It has dropped 10% and will continue to go down.

For a lot of these people who haven't seen the film yet that are worrying about what critics are saying and what the scores on RT are, how about just simply watching the film first without getting all worked up first? See it first, then decide what you thought of it.

I mean this really is kind of getting laughable at this point just how sacrosanct this is to some people that they're ruining the film for themselves by getting themselves wrapped up in what critics are saying and closely monitoring any changes in the score before having even seen the film themselves.

tumblr_ljry5cYRfQ1qixleeo1_500.gif

Yeah...and everyone loved it. And almost no one loves Batman versus Superman. And people are still watching Superman II, 35 years after it was released. I wonder if anyone will be watching Batman versus Superman 35 years from now? Other than on the Rocky Horror / Showgirls circuit, I mean?

Isn't this thread supposed to be focused on the Hot Toys line? Take your petty squabbles about the movie to the appropriate sub-forum and thread.

Back