1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah when did she go up for order again? Then have they even released an update or statement?

Pre-order went live around May 2018, expected release date was Q2 2019. Now it's Aug 2020 - Oct 2020, not sure if it'll get delayed again. :rotfl

Anyone remember 2011 around this time?

You had show stoppers like Jack Joker and Bespin Luke and the Batmobile show up at SDCC.

View attachment 490554

Then at the next show a few weeks later, DX Keaton was seen on a piece of photo paper on a display. Then Batman, Joker and Luke went up for preorder late summer/early fall of that year.

Final product for Batman was in hand by February of 2012, Joker April 2012 and Bespin Luke October 2012.

All thing considered, took about 7-12 months to go from prototype -> preorder -> in-hand product.

Now you look at them today and you have several figures that have been stuck in limbo, even ones that went up for preorder years ago. :lol

Can't blame COVID either, they've had this problem for years now.

This was in 2011. Right before the new avengers film that would spark the mcu into new heights. Sadly once that hit it was the beginning of the end for them making figures from things that weren?t Disney

This was in 2011. Right before the new avengers film that would spark the mcu into new heights. Sadly once that hit it was the beginning of the end for them making figures from things that weren?t Disney

This made me think ... besides filling out a lot of the obvious missed spots in their licenses (Batman Returns, The Matrix, Rogue One etc.), and doing updated versions of old figures (Colonial Marines, Big Chap, Reeve Superman come to mind) -- what could Hot Toys do now that *wasn't* MCU or Star Wars?

If we're talking live action rather than comics or games, what new properties could we expect? Maybe I'm just in the wrong headspace today but I'm kinda drawing a blank. The Boys? The Tick? Stranger Things? Mission Impossible?

Imagine what their Tom Cruise sculpt would like after all the practice they've had.

This made me think ... besides filling out a lot of the obvious missed spots in their licenses (Batman Returns, The Matrix, Rogue One etc.), and doing updated versions of old figures (Colonial Marines, Big Chap, Reeve Superman come to mind) -- what could Hot Toys do now that *wasn't* MCU or Star Wars?

If we're talking live action rather than comics or games, what new properties could we expect? Maybe I'm just in the wrong headspace today but I'm kinda drawing a blank. The Boys? The Tick? Stranger Things? Mission Impossible?

Imagine what their Tom Cruise sculpt would like after all the practice they've had.

DIE HARD, BLADE RUNNER, LETHAL WEAPON, an updated INDIANA JONES, Daniel Craig BOND...

There's tons of properties they could do. Jack Joker shown at SDCC 11 was an incredible moment.

I would love to see someone make Homelander in 1/6.

Yeah back to 2012 when I discovered the awesome trio ( Jack, Batman and the Batmobile) it was so huge! :horror

Now I figured why the head is magnetic.

Due to the design of the cowl, you have to push the mouth plate backwards instead of the usual forward swap it.

It's not PERs tho, swappable eyes like Batfleck from what I can see.

107826831_3443265415706986_8723533971178493044_o.jpg

I’m going to bet that he won’t even have alternate eye plates - since their 1/4th scale Begins Batman didn’t.

Good point about the mouth.

Honestly, I don't even need alternate mouths or eyes. I'd be fine with it as is. The eyes look good and that mouth looks just like Kilmer.

For my Keaton, Bale and West figures, I never use anything other than the regular neutral faces.

Yeah back to 2012 when I discovered the awesome trio ( Jack, Batman and the Batmobile) it was so huge! :horror

That's what got me into Hot Toys in the first place, knowing those were coming. Bought a Dark Knight Batman knowing he'd look great on a shelf below Keaton), then started to get characters like Scarecrow and Two-Face. By the time Dark Knight Rises was announced, I'd pretty much nabbed all the Bat-guys. (Although I still need Honor Guard Joker...)

Suicide Squad and BvS got me to stop being a completist, though. Too many Jokers/Harleys or non-cannon shiny figures (an no Katana or Croc!). Even with the lack of DC figures these days, I still only pre-ordered one Harley from Birds of Prey. I'd much rather have figures from the movies I grew up with, or at the very least characters like Ra's or Lucius from Nolan's movies.

I'm still in for both the Forever figures, but I can't see them happening. (I'm also in for that perfect Romero Joker for the record.)

What are the chances this will be on the sideshow booth for Virtual Comic Con & if we'll see Pre-order info this week??

I'm not holding my breath...especially for the Pre-order ;) lol

Perfect giff choice Captain Clown ... made me actually laugh out loud.

I really would like both Batman and Robin to up for pre-order soon (and if they did the Riddler and Two-face later that would be great).

Riddle me this riddle me that who is afraid of the big bad Kilmer Bat ... Hot Toys that's who and it's really frustrating!

I hope they go for Arnie as Freeze one day and let's face it he is basically an icy blue ironman figure so you'd think Hot Toys would love it!

They will probably be on display at Sideshow Con since they were just at the CCG Expo but i doubt they will be up for pre order this week.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Damn, all the marvel figures being announced and no word on this, I give up hahaha nothing DC at all, funny how stuff works, it was DC that helped them put on the map.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If these aren’t up for PO this weekend then I’d say they’re not getting made.

HoT Toys are opening new doors with SW:CW + more old Marvel (which is fine), but I do not think they will focus on old DC. Sadly. I hope I am wrong, but the interest in these two figures are not very high and whenever they do a SW of Marvel they make money and grow. I think everything they have shown on this week has been really good (well, that holographic Iron Man looks kinda wonky), more food for the Marvel crowd, SW fans getting their share. I am kinda surprised they are not doing a new Batman. Some Affleck suit (have we gotten them all?) or some Affleck Bruce Wayne working out or something. The WW is good, shame it's not the same HS as the Golden Armor but then people complain about the hair ... Maybe we do get the Forever Batman, cause Batman does sell ...

Back