1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still have my Sonar Batman and Robin in their boxes unopened. Is it suggested to open the box to let some air in and remove the plastic coverings because of the tackiness?

I don't even know what the tack stuff is, but comments made it sound like melting glue lol.

Still have my Sonar Batman and Robin in their boxes unopened. Is it suggested to open the box to let some air in and remove the plastic coverings because of the tackiness?

I don't even know what the tack stuff is, but comments made it sound like melting glue lol.
I don't think it's glue (if anything they glue they used on robin's crotch comes off very easily, had to get a replacement body for mine because that happened).

It's something they are coated in, and I would recommend letting them air out. Not sure what it is but it might stick the packing material to the suit, depending on other factors (temp, humidity, etc)

I don't think it's glue (if anything they glue they used on robin's crotch comes off very easily, had to get a replacement body for mine because that happened).

It's something they are coated in, and I would recommend letting them air out. Not sure what it is but it might stick the packing material to the suit, depending on other factors (temp, humidity, etc)

Thanks! Was gonna keep them in the box until I move but I'd rather be safe than sorry. :LOL:

Before & After of my forever Suit repaint, Robin coming soon…

Attachments

• IMG_3053.png
    IMG_3053.png
    7.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3055.jpeg
    IMG_3055.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3056.jpeg
    IMG_3056.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Intresting.
What paint do you use on a rubber suit? (Brand?
Is it still poseable?
It was a mix of tons of different paints and rubbers, flex paint, fx paint, leather paint, pigments, and window cleaner😅
So far it’s holding up but I’m going to try giving them a protective layer when I have some free time

Just got this guy today, and I love it.

Just curious, has anyone reported any damage to his elbows with his fists on his hips over time?

CE56BF75-A604-4531-95F1-AC470F275BCE.jpeg

Is there anything else I should know for handling this figure?

Too soon to say but I don't think it will be good for it.

My Robin has some creases in the paint that show up when the arms are bent but disappear when they are straight. Was like that since new.

So I feel like even though it's more a flexible material than the Keaton figures, they are going to be just if nor more vulnerable to damage from posing due to them being painted

You’re right. I just had mine in a “fight” pose for about 20 minutes, and noticed some creasing immediately after. He’s just going to stand like a statue, I guess. He still looks awesome.

Also, the eye plate in mine is essentially fused to the cowl. I tried using that grabber tool they intended to pull the eye plate back with, and it broke the plastic “key” right off the back of his eyes. I’m pretty gentle when handling these, but this is irritating.

Nonetheless he looks great, and I’m happy to have him. I figured it would be best to grab him and Robin while I still can.

73337791-2055-4F90-9732-D71B13057C5C.jpeg

879797FC-C96F-4846-A8D4-195DE58E863D.jpeg

7CA43623-8307-4090-A197-20BB640DE7C9.jpeg

B05F5CB6-B41F-42E8-BF5C-436B10084536.jpeg

Anyone recommend any small colored LED lights that can fit inside a detolf? I’d love to get some purple and green cast on him.

You’re right. I just had mine in a “fight” pose for about 20 minutes, and noticed some creasing immediately after. He’s just going to stand like a statue, I guess. He still looks awesome.

Also, the eye plate in mine is essentially fused to the cowl. I tried using that grabber tool they intended to pull the eye plate back with, and it broke the plastic “key” right off the back of his eyes. I’m pretty gentle when handling these, but this is irritating.

Nonetheless he looks great, and I’m happy to have him. I figured it would be best to grab him and Robin while I still can.

View attachment 664714

View attachment 664715

View attachment 664716

View attachment 664717

Anyone recommend any small colored LED lights that can fit inside a detolf? I’d love to get some purple and green cast on him.

So you aren't able to move his eye?

View attachment 664714

View attachment 664715

View attachment 664716

View attachment 664717

Mine also had the eye plate "stuck". I thought forcing the plastic tool would break it so I used a metal spudger from a repair kit to get it off. Once you pry it off, it's easier to take out subsequent times.

View attachment 664714

View attachment 664715

View attachment 664716

View attachment 664717

my dude ikea selfs brand compatible LED lights that fit inside their cabinets.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/vattensten-led-light-strip-multicolor-80530604/
of course you would find cheaper brands out there, but it's my suggestion.

On another note, I posed my batman return figures with their stock cape and left them in an open pose that goes over their cowl and it's creased now, all over lol.

View attachment 664714

View attachment 664715

View attachment 664716

View attachment 664717

https://www.thelukelight.com/
These lights are made for detolfs & it’s the cleanest look iv seen & not expensive.
Highly recommended

I am excited to be adding this Batman to the collection this week. I secured a heck of a deal at $214 shipped for him... now the question will be do I wait till Christmas to open him?

Back