Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sure some here have canceled and more will do so freeing up unit. I do wonder where OSB is cause for you guys in Europe surely OSB will be cheaper?
btw with even the only Japan retailer selling this at a higher than expo price really hints that TH is taking a bigger cut for this and in return only offering it through very selective channels. I trust that Eric is not suddenly deciding to make more money of ppl here because only he has stock. Otherwise he would have sold the Tumblers and Batpods he frequently gets in for even more

A question for anyone who's ordered from Toys2 from the US - is customs ever an issue for you? I'm wondering if that will add to the expense.

TH is taking a bigger cut for this and in return only offering it through very selective channels.

Can you be more specific as to what you mean? I think what you wrote can be read either way.

I've been buying from them for a long time and have never had a problem with customs. They did open a package once, but it was the Department of Homeland Security..:cuckoo:

I've been buying from them for a long time and have never had a problem with customs. They did open a package once, but it was the Department of Homeland Security..:cuckoo:

So you've never had to pay anything beyond your order price and shipping charge?

Sorry for my ignorance, I don't think I've ever ordered internationally before.

No extra charges of any kind. It's ok to ask questions, that's why we're here!
Me and Geil were talking about this before, and we think that Customs only gets
involved when the package you're getting is over a certain dollar amount. My
guess would be somewhere around $500 USD

Huh - with the price on these, that's starting to get close to $500. The question is, does Toys2 mark the true value of the item or do they generically put a small number, no matter what the cost?

Since I went on the waitlist, toys2 sent me a special link to pre-order the set if I'm interested. It says it will be available for a week.

Got mine to.

Put it in my Cart, the total with shipping is $421.63.

So very tempting...

I just don't know...

If I pulled the trigger when would I actually have them in-hand?

The funny thing about Toys2 is that they've never declared a value on any packages I've received from them.

So you've never had to pay anything beyond your order price and shipping charge?

Sorry for my ignorance, I don't think I've ever ordered internationally before.

I have ordered many times internationally and i have never paid any import duties. One of the many things that makes our country so great!!

A question for anyone who's ordered from Toys2 from the US - is customs ever an issue for you? I'm wondering if that will add to the expense.

Can you be more specific as to what you mean? I think what you wrote can be read either way.

looking at the very few retailers all prices are inflated which I do not believe is a coincidence and my only explanation is that HT is selling it to these retailers at not typical wholesale but almost retail pricing.

Actually that was were we went wrong :p turns out based on another members research UPS starts charging for brokerage and customs for cross US boards shipments from Canada starting at $200 value and hence last time you got dinged and also why Toys2 likely does not declare full value

I have ordered many times internationally and i have never paid any import duties. One of the many things that makes our country so great!!

You probably stayed under the U$200 barrier. Guess what here in Canada it's C$60 and I have had to pay for brokerage and custom even when I was below C$60!!! :panic:

I could display both with the rest of the family :hi5:

IMAG0892.jpg

IMAG0890.jpg

Geil,

You are correct...UPS charges a brokerage fee for anything over $200.00. Toys2 has advised that they will only show under $200.00 as value so we are not charged . I put a call into them just now to clear up this issue

looking at the very few retailers all prices are inflated which I do not believe is a coincidence and my only explanation is that HT is selling it to these retailers at not typical wholesale but almost retail pricing.

Actually that was were we went wrong :p turns out based on another members research UPS starts charging for brokerage and customs for cross US boards shipments from Canada starting at $200 value and hence last time you got dinged and also why Toys2 likely does not declare full value

You probably stayed under the U$200 barrier. Guess what here in Canada it's C$60 and I have had to pay for brokerage and custom even when I was below C$60!!! :panic:

Its offical guys. I just heard back from Sideshow. They will NOT be carrying any of the 10th anniversary exclusives. HT won't let them. Spread the word.

Great pics Padrinno! Scarecrow looks amazing! Really love the straightjacket look! :rock

Back