Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking at the very few retailers all prices are inflated which I do not believe is a coincidence and my only explanation is that HT is selling it to these retailers at not typical wholesale but almost retail pricing.

When I lived in NY I had several guys I always bought from. I was talking to them about about what they pay for the items and they had said to me that they do not make that much of a profit off of these figures. Their buying price is slightly below retail. I also know a guy who gets it directly from Hot Toys and he had said the same thing. So yea Geil you are right. It also shows that 1/6 figures isn't a way to make a living. It's a hobby. lol

From what I have heard this is very true !! Usually these guys make more money parting out the figures then selling them in a case.

When I lived in NY I had several guys I always bought from. I was talking to them about about what they pay for the items and they had said to me that they do not make that much of a profit off of these figures. Their buying price is slightly below retail. I also know a guy who gets it directly from Hot Toys and he had said the same thing. So yea Geil you are right. It also shows that 1/6 figures isn't a way to make a living. It's a hobby. lol[/QUOTE

$129 for me (shipping to Ireland) :eek:

dev, why not try AmiAmi. Might be cheaper. You can always inquire about shipping cost before you order, and they answer quite fast.

AmiAmi says 33000 yen

which is $397

$400 give or take is what this set's gonna cost you right now.

But it will come down in price once all the gotta-have-it-now types are satiated.

Sorry, I wasn't quite clear there. What I meant was the grand total. The set costs about $19 more from AmiAmi, but their shipping to EU (EMS + tracking) is $43 cheaper than Toys2.

dev, do you have to pay taxes when ordering from Canada?

Last edited:
I believe Dave said Amiami charged him $70 to ship to the US. Pretty sure he posted that info in this thread somewhere, too.

Oh, and I messed up the math on what I paid at Toys2 in my previous post. It's $210 a figure shipped; not $220.

When I lived in NY I had several guys I always bought from. I was talking to them about about what they pay for the items and they had said to me that they do not make that much of a profit off of these figures. Their buying price is slightly below retail. I also know a guy who gets it directly from Hot Toys and he had said the same thing. So yea Geil you are right. It also shows that 1/6 figures isn't a way to make a living. It's a hobby. lol

Well I would never quite believe what sales ppl say though ;) They would never admit how much profit they are making of you. There is nothing to gain from it but alienating their customers.
That said I don't see Eric driving around in fancy cars but he can support his wife (who is helping) and 2 kids now so must be pretty good money to stay in it for over a decade.
It's different to make money on the side or as a business to support your way of life. I would never expect him to make less money of me than all his other clients.. just as long as I belong to the group that pay less and not not most :lol
Heck if I save money in the short term to only force him out of business I would really be paying for it in the long term as everyone else costs significantly more to get goods into my hands :( ......hmmmmm.... but maybe then I would get out of this hobby and save a whole lot more....... right who are we kidding..... make money of me..... stay in business.......charge me just enough so I can continue feeding my addiction and always am almost broke.....................

IMAG0892.jpg

GREAT SHOT!!!

I also PPO one from Eric at Toys Square. My total came to 418 CDN funds for the set and shipping was $14.

Back