Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine from AmiAmi. Wonderfully packed, in pristine condition, complete with the hand-numbered certificate (1846 of 2000). A great buying experience all around. Highly recommended if they happen to come back in stock.

It's really a beautifully presented set of figures, too. Like many, I anticipated wanting to sell off the Demon Bats once I had it in hand but now that I see the figure itself and the fantastic slipcover/box presentation, I'm not so sure anymore.

Good stuff.

Glad to hear that. I'm impatiently waiting for mine.

I'm so HAPPY!!!! I came to my house and in my DOOR!!!
MY PACKAGE!! HOT TOYS SACRECROW & DEMON BATMAN!!!
ONLY TOOK FOUR DAYS FOR SHIIPING!!!!
:)

I put one on the waitlist at Sideshow within minutes after it went to waitlist so I'm likely to get it converted. If someone going to SDCC can help get me exclusives like Swamp Thing, the Revenge of the Jedi and Indiana Jones figure sets, and the Toynami Futurama Plush then I can hook you up with it if my waitlist converts.

It was $280.10 total with shipping to Charlestown, IN.

Mine cost $288.13 shipped to Pennsylvania. Not sure if the conversion rate became more unfavorable today since I didn't send the PayPal until this afternoon. :dunno In Yen it was 15,980 + 6,660 S&H. Guess I only saved about $12 as compared to Sideshow assuming that they'd charge $15 shipping which would cancel out the $15 in rewards points.

Weird. $278 flat to WV.

Dunno...the first converter I checked online said 1 dollar = 81 yen. PayPal's confirmation page says 1 dollar only equals 78.5769 yen. Going by the online converter I should have paid $278.54 instead of PayPal's $288.13. :thud:

I know I got charged three times.. Once for $278.00 then again for $286.56, then again for $282.56

Crazy Japanese dealers!

How exactly were you guys paying? They sent me an e-mail with their PayPal e-mail address and told me to send the amount of Yen directly to that e-mail through PayPal. There's no way they could charge me multiple times because I'm initiating the payment through PayPal myself. I saw something in a PayPal Q&A that says they may charge a 2.5-3.5% surcharge for a currency exchange so maybe that's what happened.

They asked me to resend payment in JPY format. Paypal charged me all those times but Paypal told me it was at their request.

Dunno...the first converter I checked online said 1 dollar = 81 yen. PayPal's confirmation page says 1 dollar only equals 78.5769 yen. Going by the online converter I should have paid $278.54 instead of PayPal's $288.13. :thud:

they probably tacked on the 3% paypal fee to your original total.
congrats on the purchase - it's a great set!

Somebody on this board got my Robocop. I got him on Ebay for $80 and I think I sold him for like $100.

Yeah, I flipped that ____ PROPER.

I keep asking myself that very same question. . .maybe they're paying for the customer service? Because it's $20 less to me before Sideshow's shipping cost. Meaning it's more like $35-40 less. Plus, it's actually in-stock, not a pre-order.

One word: flexpay.

Somebody on this board got my Robocop. I got him on Ebay for $80 and I think I sold him for like $100.

Yeah, I flipped that ____ PROPER.
Wow, congrats on the turn-around! :rock

I got rid of my spared DC Direct DX Batman for a sweet $200 after paying $170 for it. And sold an HT Wolvie for $160 after piecing him together for a bit less than that.

Don't mean to be a braggart, but. . .let's just say I've got a future in investment banking.

One word: flexpay.
I've always preferred to just pay stuff off at once, but I can see where that might benefit some. I considered it briefly for the Alien Maquette.

Hmm, PayPal has an FAQ that says the below. But the FAQ also tells you where to get to a link to see their currency exchange rates, and there's no link visible where it tells you to go.

"We receive a wholesale rate quote from our bank twice a day and add 2.5% to determine the retail foreign exchange rate to apply to transactions that involve a currency conversion."

I guess we have to keep in mind this surcharge when price comparing between a Japanese store and a U.S. one. More of the damn eBay nickel-and-dime price gouging effect. :gah:

Back