Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are conflicting reports. MSRP was somewhere around there I think, but the in-store costs at HK were supposedly around $100 less.

$350 shipped is a good price though, considering what they are currently going for. I would jump on that. $350 plus $60 shipping is not so much.

wow. i wonder why there is no real answer. i couldnt imagine they were only 250 though... i would guess 340, 350 was more likely..

I've given Toys2 my money, and I know I'll get the figures in a timely fashion. $420.00 (with shipping) was more than I wanted to spend, but peace of mind comes at a price. There are just too many opportunities for scumbaggery when the seller is on the other side of the planet.

Do you know when the set is going to ship from toys2? My order says "processed" but no date yet.

^^Yea, I see that now! Im not really interested in the set, but its good to know its more affordable for others who are.

Is it still a preorder? Or they have them in stock?

Just looked last night and I guess the preorder is gone. I think they said they would ship in late February.

Do you know when the set is going to ship from toys2? My order says "processed" but no date yet.

February I think.

"processed" means nothing at Toys2. You get an email saying 'processed' instantaneously for every order you make but it doesn't mean the figure is now available and being prepped for shipping. It'll be out when they say on the site.

I've noticed both these figures are being sold split up. Does that mean they didn't sell as well as HT thought they would?

No, that's pretty standard and has no bearing on how well the figure sold. Every Hot Toys figure is usually sold split up - both as individual parts, like heads and costuming, as well as separate figures for cases like the DX Joker.

That's because some collectors and customizers just want certain bits, and are willing to pay more for them if it means they don't have to shell out for the whole box set. Usually a seller can make a little bit more money by splitting a figure up that way, rather than selling it as one box set. Of course, they can't split ALL their figures up, because the demand isn't high enough to justify that.

[/QUOTE]Someone should commission a sculpt and straight-jacket, then we wouldn't be sweating buying this expensive version of Scarecrow.[/QUOTE]

I suspect a commission wouldn't be much cheaper, if at all, than buying the bits on Ebay.

scare2.jpg

Back