Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There must *have* been- and that’s a good thing. Hopefully the collectors who have already received their Deloreans will be sent whatever fix HT are hopefully working on. I wasn’t expecting this till Q4 23 so I’d be fine with that arrival time if they really do resolve the wheel issue.

Of course they could just be doing what Sideshow did with their Grievous 2.0 and will only replace the parts with a mildly thicker plastic version or they’ll merely chuck in a fee extra of the piece that keeps braking so collectors can replace it themselves when the inevitable happens.

Well shoot. I have mine already, but I want the corrected version if it is less inclined to break. I'll be contacting Sideshow to find out if the next wave will have the defect fixed, and if so whether I can exchange mine for one of those.

Even if the fix is just thicker plastic- better than having a product where breakage seems imminent/inevitable due to poor design.

I wonder if this means their first batch is now sold out? Their date shifted over to May-July View attachment 626913

Just received this, guess I'm on second batch.

We wanted to let you know that the estimated arrival date for your DeLorean Time Machine has changed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in May-Jul 2023. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we do look forward to shipping out this item to you when it arrives. If you need to update any information on your order AAXXXXX, you can do so easily through your online account.​
Happy Collecting,​
The Sideshow Team

Glad I haven't canceled yet. If it's a product recall that is the reason for the delay I would will happily wait.

Well shoot. I have mine already, but I want the corrected version if it is less inclined to break. I'll be contacting Sideshow to find out if the next wave will have the defect fixed, and if so whether I can exchange mine for one of those.

Even if the fix is just thicker plastic- better than having a product where breakage seems imminent/inevitable due to poor design.
Maybe break it on purpose, then ship it back. SS will never know. :monkey3

Just received this, guess I'm on second batch.

We wanted to let you know that the estimated arrival date for your DeLorean Time Machine has changed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in May-Jul 2023. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we do look forward to shipping out this item to you when it arrives. If you need to update any information on your order AAXXXXX, you can do so easily through your online account.​
Happy Collecting,​
The Sideshow Team
I wonder if that is because of all the replacements they’ve had to ship out and it’s affecting other pre-orders. Out of curiosity, when did folks that got the delayed email preorder?

Last edited:
I’ve seen a couple fb threads mention this - curious if anyone has thought about loosening the screws prior to attempting to rotate the wheels?

I got mine last week and had to immediately go out on military orders. I get home Friday and I intend to unbox it and cross my fingers. I think I may try to put it on its back, attempt to extend the wheels, and at least try to back the screws out some just to see what happens 🤞🏻🤞🏻

So I sent a message to Sideshow re my concerns, and asking if Hot Toys was recalling/fixing the wheel joint issue and whether I could exchange my delorean for one of the updated/fixed versions. Their response was just this (suggesting no fix is in the works)
Casey Arnoult (Sideshow)

Thank you for contacting us today, and we're sorry to hear that your DeLorean may have arrived with an issue.

Regarding Hot Toys, we do not have any indication of corrections regarding this piece at this time, and all of our stock will have roughly an identical design overall.

So yeah. I guess it was too much to hope that Hot Toys would jump on this and commence a fix so fast... who knows if they even have real notice yet.

Maybe break it on purpose, then ship it back. SS will never know. :monkey3

The thing is, I do like the thing otherwise, it looks great. I would certainly force them to take it back if all that I wanted was a refund. What I want, is a car that doesn't have wheel joints that are made out of the cheapest most brittle plastic imaginable. Guess that isn't going to happen. :(

Have to commend Sideshow on their speed. Received last Thursday, sent back Friday morning, they just shipped it today, and the replacement arrives this Thursday!
You are getting your replacement tomorrow? I contact them send the return package the same day as you and mine is still in this...

1678322233265.png

I just received this email myself earlier today. Maybe they realized too many people were complaining about the build and they are fixing issues.

You are getting your replacement tomorrow? I contact them send the return package the same day as you and mine is still in this...

View attachment 627123
I wouldn’t worry too much. My shipped email came not too long after seeing “preparing to ship” which means they received the return. So that’s good news! I’d be more worried if your replacement got delayed along with the other folks here to May.

Geeeez.... it looks like this dude broke his and didn't even realize it in his review. You can see it cracked here at 13:38 unless thats just me seeing things.

Likely just dust or lighting. That’s because that part is hard metal. Yeah… why is THAT part metal and not the arm that holds the mechanism……

Back