Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is but from what I'm seeing he didn't pull them out far enough.
It does seem like they need to come out rather far before forcing it. With any luck, being careful will avoid that in the future. Fingers crossed...

Okay box was way less heavy/bulky out of the cardboard. Came in a foam case with two velcro straps that made it easy to carry home.

Given what I've read, I guess I'd better open it and get it going just in case there is anything broken. I think it was packed extremely well, but you just never know...
off topic, but which smaug statue / figure are you ordering?
Smaug the Firedrake- even more ridiculously huge than a 1/6 delorean. :) (Oddly the dragon has been "shipping soon" since December- which makes me wonder if they had some issues with breakage... during transit from factory...

Back on topic (sorta) is the reminder to myself at least, that regardless of space or how busy I am, I really need to get these things out of the box asap to check for broken pieces. How sad would it be to finally get your display all ready and find out the warranty period is over...

Last edited:

Wow, yes the reviewer did break it but DAMN it broke SO EASY didn't it??????

I didn't watch the entire thing- just at the times identified above- when I heard the snaps it didn't seem like he was doing much to cause the breaks???? I guess it's why the car feels so light- the plastic is super duper ultra thin? Maybe to reduce shipping cost but wow, this is a pricey toy for such flimsy parts. If I had seen how easy this thing broke before buying, I'd have never.

I guess at the very least I'm glad I watched now what NOT to do... [expletive]

Talk about a hamfisted review. I usually like his reviews, but man... He was definitely wearing his excitement on his sleeve.

Looking forward to getting this, but the qc issues concern me as well. Reviewer on YT had two broken hover conversion axels.

Same. It seems like danoboy reviewer may not get much sympathy for other reasons- but kyekye above also had the same issue on one wheel. And while danoboy seems to have drilled holes in his vehicle among other things- I'm not sure how/why the second break happened so easy...

That's essentially 2 for 2 so far.

I will definitely be extra careful getting mine out, but I am wondering if the change to the wheel design was a rushed and not adequately tested.

For once I'm glad I ordered from Sideshow on this one. Taxes be damned.

Last edited:
Same. It seems like danoboy reviewer may not get much sympathy for other reasons- but kyekye above also had the same issue on one wheel. And while danoboy seems to have drilled holes in his vehicle among other things- I'm not sure how/why the second break happened so easy...

That's essentially 2 for 2 so far.

I will definitely be extra careful getting mine out, but I am wondering if the change to the wheel design was a rushed and not adequately tested.

For once I'm glad I ordered from Sideshow on this one. Taxes be damned.

Did anyone else have a broke. Wheel?

Between improper transforming, play time and flight stand mishaps I see broken wheels in the future and busted deloreans on eBay.

I did it extremely carefully and slow and it happened to one of them.

I just submitted a request to sideshow so we’ll see what happens. Worst case I’ll try super glue. It sucks because this is the rear wheel on the driver side so it’s very visible.
8EE90ABC-DE72-49A7-AF7B-FC7D8050366A.jpeg

Attachments

• 37C7778D-45AE-482C-93A4-77B63114A79C.jpeg
    37C7778D-45AE-482C-93A4-77B63114A79C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My exciting end of week came to a full stop too soon because of this defect with the wheel mechanism. I even made sure not to roll the wheels and had it lifted to prevent the wheels holding the weight of the Delorean. I was that cautious. I guess it didn’t matter. I’m quite bummed. Now my Delorean is stuck in this awkward configuration.
160F9590-7754-4170-BFC3-53E72EB05741.jpeg

This was shown to me for a very easy conversion on the V1. Accurate, no…easy and cheap…yes

Attachments

• 4F1D1BB9-525A-48D8-8711-C938B1EEAD34.jpeg
    4F1D1BB9-525A-48D8-8711-C938B1EEAD34.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • FCB6F4E7-4F91-4E48-B1C6-20B3A6519AA0.jpeg
    FCB6F4E7-4F91-4E48-B1C6-20B3A6519AA0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Just finally watched Danoby’s video and got caught up on this thread. Officially worried about this thing now, damn. Feeling like I should definitely get around and order sooner than later from Sideshow while there is plenty of stock for replacements, just in case. Godspeed to anyone who ordered from a HK seller.

Back