Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Queen Studios getting the license explains why all of sudden we got more BttF from Hot Toys.

Rooted hair Doc in the future possibly? :pray:

I thought they only do statues? So that would probably be a different license than the one Hot Toys has.

That's a good question and it here's where it gets more confusing: after he said they're doing the Delorean but all he'd seen was the word Delorean on a piece of paper, he was asked if they would also do BTTF figures to go with it and he suggested nothing was in the works and they probably couldn't because it was a Universal license. Every answer he gives just seems to create more questions.
He’s a bit like a Stanley Kubrick movie really isn’t he? Frustrating.

He’s a bit like a Stanley Kubrick movie really isn’t he? Frustrating.
Yeah. There was a similar bit of confusing contradictory information when he suggested Predator and Dutch could be a possibility if people wanted it but Alien could be tough because FOX is now owned by Disney which...would also apply to Predator.

Yeah. There was a similar bit of confusing contradictory information when he suggested Predator and Dutch could be a possibility if people wanted it but Alien could be tough because FOX is now owned by Disney which...would also apply to Predator.
Trying to stay positive, but concerned that with the comments about nothing before 2000, only popular in China and the madness with the licensing they are eventually going to turn into a high end HT 2.0 that only does a couple of major franchises and stays away from anything remotely interesting.

Very confusing trying to follow this all…so for now stick with the HT DeLorean? Do hope of Queen Studios does the license, we get a proper Marty and Doc. Seriously Christopher Lloyd is so expressive, would love to see moving eyes and crazy real hair with him😄

Trying to stay positive, but concerned that with the comments about nothing before 2000, only popular in China and the madness with the licensing they are eventually going to turn into a high end HT 2.0 that only does a couple of major franchises and stays away from anything remotely interesting.
I did watch the WillFoxification Q&A in full and it sounds like a property wouldn't have to be "popular in china" for them to tackle - if it was something they could get a global license for. Talked about all of those beloved 80's action movie properties that would be popular in America, but that of course is all just wishful thinking if the license isn't available.

With any luck, QS saying they’ll make a DeLorean may be just the kick up the arse HT needs to at the very least fix the positioning of those damn wheels!!

If everyone is likely m ditch their HT POs (due to its many inaccuracies) at the first sight of what is practically a given to be the superior product then HT should at least try to give us a reason to stick with them…

Of course, if I cancel from my domestic store, I’ll be losing about £80 as a cancellation fee so I’m a little frazzled by the news. I’m sure it’ll be awhile before we see anything from QS though. It’d be insane if they make a 1:6 flying DeLorean that can hover over a magnetic base. We’ve already seen in the recent Joker/company promo how much they seem to enjoy magnets!

I did watch the WillFoxification Q&A in full and it sounds like a property wouldn't have to be "popular in china" for them to tackle - if it was something they could get a global license for. Talked about all of those beloved 80's action movie properties that would be popular in America, but that of course is all just wishful thinking if the license isn't available.
Ok. I didn’t see that one but I guess it’s just car salesman talk at the moment to reel us in lol.

You've got a while to see what plays out. I wouldn't make any quick cancellations until QS actually announces something officially.
I'm excited about QS Gandalf. I cancelled my preorder on the Asmus figure after seeing how it turned out.

If QS make a DeLorean it will come with an eye watering price.

Yeah have a feeling this was just another wish list item for them, and not something that's actually in the works.
I think so too. Anything that gets mentioned which is jotted on a piece of paper is at best 2-3 years away and at worst simply thrown out there to determine feedback and/or stress Hot Toys.

We can use it to our advantage though. i.e post in FB comments. Fix the wheels on the Delorean or QS will !

Has anyone put the work in to figure out the dimensions of the DeLorean in flight mode on the tilted stand?
Would be super helpful if hot toys provided that basic info for prepping the required display space but I’ve only found the car measurements.

Found these pics and a YouTube vid from a show so I’ll get around to estimating it later in the week if no one else knows.
E9C29A24-A60E-4A9A-B956-360322122961.jpeg
8BE460C9-EBC5-49A4-8CC3-5C53B1E14424.jpeg

Looks to be under 50cm which would be ideal.

Has anyone put the work in to figure out the dimensions of the DeLorean in flight mode on the tilted stand?
Would be super helpful if hot toys provided that basic info for prepping the required display space but I’ve only found the car measurements.

Found these pics and a YouTube vid from a show so I’ll get around to estimating it later in the week if no one else knows.
View attachment 570197View attachment 570198
Just use simple trigonometry. Looks to be angled at about 30deg. (or maybe 20 ? need a side on pic and a protractor)

Horizontal display length = real length x cos.30 (or whatever angle it is at)

View attachment 570197View attachment 570198

Does that look like a new BTTF II Marty, or just the original?

Regarding the Eaglemoss discussion from February, there are several issues to consider:

1) the price is 2x-3x that of HT;
2) there are quality issues with the lights/ wiring and many buyers spend hundreds of dollars on mods;
3) the wheels convert the same way as hot toys;
4) the doors don't hold open on their own, in fact you have to insert wedges to keep them open.

Back