Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone actually think we will see a re-release of the OG delorean?

given this can alternate between the two I very much doubt they will. I can totally see Hot Toys releasing the BTTF 3 version with interchangeable parts to get it to the like the OG along with respective accessories such as the previously missed lightning rod.

From a financial perspective that makes the most sense to capture most buyers rather than re releasing the OG.

Yeah, I don't think we'll see the OG Delorean return. There's the slight possibility of converting the Part II car back to the Part I by removing the Mr Fusion cover, but I doubt it.

That being said I think we should be ready to see some changes in the Part II release from the original. Word was the original manufacturer for HT would never work with them again. What we've seen so far is the same prototype from years ago. There could be some truth to them catching wind of Jazz Inc negotiating with Universal. I noticed you can clearly see the wiring to the lit wheels in hover mode which I don't think would allow the wheels to rotate when in road mode (unless they rotate around the screwed down section). Seems like a complicated way to do it.

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 3.53.33 pm.png

That would be kind of hilarious if we started seeing upgrade parts to convert the Part 2 car back to a Part 1, after it being the other way around for so many years. 😄

Haha tell me about it. Everything comes full circle.

Like i said a little earlier, if Hot Toys play their cards right and come at this from a logical perspective, they can leverage the BTTF 3 prototype Delorean and BTTF 2 release as their way of giving new collectors access to the "OG" and also kill two birds with one stone by providing chase collectors with the remaining two cars.

I think they are shooting themselves in the foot if they were to re-release the OG with a few additional accessories. Yes they will get a large batch of pre-orders but think they will get more doing it the way I said above.

Seems like this would be the appropriate version to have convert to the prt 1 look as the BTTF 3 DeLorean should be far more weathered and dusty than prt 1 and would need a lot more removable parts than the prt 2 car.

The flying DeLorean will more than suffice for me though. I’m ordering as if I live in a Tardis so when everything actually arrives, I’m gonna have to get real creative with space.
Can’t believe I’ll even have one 1:6 car. A few years ago I would have considered than sheer madness.

My first though when I saw it. No attempt to make the dangling cable discreet at all and neglectful cable management is a big pet peeve of mine.
The placement should be right by one of the stand legs so it can run down alongside it or they could have had another slot at the back of the base itself and the support legs carry the power up to the car.
For every cool feature there’s an element of half-asses-ness somewhere else.
Totally agree. Very poor thinking by Hot Toys. No idea how they managed to design all those Iron Men suits and the Hulkbuster ???

An any case, as per usual us collectors need to try and make do. I'm thinking this is the type of micro USB cable could be the go to get the cable reasonably hidden to a stand support.

micro usb.png

Totally agree. Very poor thinking by Hot Toys. No idea how they managed to design all those Iron Men suits and the Hulkbuster ???

An any case, as per usual us collectors need to try and make do. I'm thinking this is the type of micro USB cable could be the go to get the cable reasonably hidden to a stand support.

View attachment 564320
I was thinking of a right-angled input as well. Might allow you to run the cable discreetly under the body and tuck away behind the base stands.
I know I won’t be anywhere near the first to receive this piece so I can rely on the community to figure out the best solution before mine is anywhere near ready to ship.
Depending on where I display this, I’m probably going to need at least 3 metres of cable.

I noticed you can clearly see the wiring to the lit wheels in hover mode which I don't think would allow the wheels to rotate when in road mode (unless they rotate around the screwed down section). Seems like a complicated way to do it.

View attachment 564249

It looks like there are small battery compartments for each wheel, which have to be turned on individually. (The built up area on the left side) The wiring was most like installed afterwards, purely to have the model on display lit up, for the duration of the exhibit.

Theoretically, yes. With a total hight of 65 cm, there's less than a foot in hight per compartment. But yes, you can buy and install an additional full-shelf. They also have half-shelfs btw.
View attachment 564166

True, their turnaround times are bad, or at least they used to be. It's been a while since my last purchase from them, so I don't know if they have improved on that front, as they had promised.

OK, so it's doable to stack two vehicles in one case and theoretically possible to have a figure standing but only if they are of the shorter variety.

Thinking of putting 2 Deloreans in once case with Doc & Marty (from the first two BTTF movies) but I'm guessing they'd have to be sitting inside the car to fit.

I bought the cases at the height of the pandemic so the turnaround was unusually long with supply chain issues, boat container shortages and port backlog.

OK, so it's doable to stack two vehicles in one case and theoretically possible to have a figure standing but only if they are of the shorter variety.

Thinking of putting 2 Deloreans in once case with Doc & Marty (from the first two BTTF movies) but I'm guessing they'd have to be sitting inside the car to fit.

Personally, I wouldn't go the route of two vehicles in a DF120, because I think bigger objects just need that extra bit of space to unfold their full effect. But that's just me. On the other hand, two DeLoreans… who knows, it might work. After all, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, right?

Check out the ModuCase idea book. On page 32, there's 2 batmobiles on top of each other in a DF120 case. A '89 Batmobile (what a ride!) on the bottom and the Nolan version (juck…) on top.
https://moducase.xyz/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/ModuCase-2019-Idea-book.pdf

Last edited:
Personally, I wouldn't go the route of two vehicles in a DF120, because I think bigger objects just need that extra bit of space to unfold their full effect. But that's just me. On the other hand, two DeLoreans… who knows, it might work. After all, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, right?

Check out the ModuCase idea book. On page 32, there's 2 batmobiles on top of each other in a DF120 case. A '89 Batmobile (what a ride!) on the bottom and the Nolan version (juck…) on top.
https://moducase.xyz/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/ModuCase-2019-Idea-book.pdf
I've never been one for Detolfs. I like my display spaced out somewhat as well so the figures can breath. Horizontal space is the way to go. And if you can achieve some depth to allow some alternation of the figures you can get a good amount displayed per length of display.

I made this myself, but Moducases are also a good way to have a better high quality display for these expensive figures !

Darkseid Full Wall (1).JPG

display_1.JPG

I've never been one for Detolfs. I like my display spaced out somewhat as well so the figures can breath. Horizontal space is the way to go. And if you can achieve some depth to allow some alternation of the figures you can get a good amount displayed per length of display.

I made this myself, but Moducases are also a good way to have a better high quality display for these expensive figures !

View attachment 564505

View attachment 564506
I agree - for me personally, displaying figures like this just gives them so much more presence.

I don’t have the space for something quite this wide but do my best with some 1.4m wide shelving units.

View attachment 564505

View attachment 564506
Awesome display!

View attachment 564505

View attachment 564506
Very nice! Good, even lighting, too. 👍🏼

Those pics of the car (which I preordered quicker than I ever have for, almost, anything) definitely includes a shot of an updated BBTF 2 Marty. He looks so much better than the last one which was really off. Can't wait for those to go up for sale!

If you want this enclosed in a display case right about now would be a good time to order an appropriately sized Moducase. I'm waiting on some right now and I believe it's going to take 8 months or more from when I ordered them.
This (with a Marty) and a 20" Tardis (with some Doctors) will make a Moducase DF120 look spectacular.

View attachment 564505

Can i ask you how did you did those grey stands for Doctor Strange for example and others?

Back