Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They fixed The Batman already, why can't they fix this? they will simply need to remold the floor of the existing model. The 1:18 scale time machines can do it, why can't Hot Toys?
The answer is- they have close competition for The Batman in 1/6 which has forced them to not be lazy but no such threat to steal buyers away for a 1/6 DeLorean… yet.

So, it’s not that they can’t fix it; they just don’t feel the need to.

Yeah Queen announcing their own BTTF2 DeLorean at least gives us a bit more hope now that HT might improve theirs. But I'm not going to hold my breath.
Exactly. That's a pretty big tooling cost right there. Do they even have the license for BTTF as well ? I can't recall.

Just use simple trigonometry. Looks to be angled at about 30deg. (or maybe 20 ? need a side on pic and a protractor)

Horizontal display length = real length x cos.30 (or whatever angle it is at)

I have to say, I've never seen anyone use the words "Simple" and "trigonometry" together, lol. But I appreciate you working those formulas out.

I hope this one is less like a plastic toy than the first one was. I also hope Inarts will give us a Doc and Martin that actually looks like the actors, not just resemble them.

Martin?

Attachments

• ece2871643c8744c4f1158551f00bf8e.jpg
    ece2871643c8744c4f1158551f00bf8e.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
Yeah Queen announcing their own BTTF2 DeLorean at least gives us a bit more hope now that HT might improve theirs. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

Is this official or are we just hoping this will happen?

Well Queen has said a few times that they plan to make the DeLorean, but not sure if they actually have the license yet. Only vehicle that seems confirmed so far is the 22 Batmobile.

Well Queen has said a few times that they plan to make the DeLorean, but not sure if they actually have the license yet. Only vehicle that seems confirmed so far is the 22 Batmobile.
Delorean Spread 1.jpg

Still holding for Inart to do the Time Machine with accuracy unlike HT. I'd settle for Mark I (big PLUS if they can do the Hot Wheels Ultimate Edition where tires, cable lightning, Mr.fusion changeable mode).

Joost revealed he was in talks to make an accurate scale-correct Delorean, but nearing the finish line for licencing, HT announced their PTII version, and his licence was denied. Take from that what you will, but perhaps HT has first refusal on properties they have licenced before?

Just POd this week from a local supplier. This is the version for me, although as stated, some glaring accuracy issues need to be hopefully sorted. Only have a 10% desposit down on it, so if it is disappointing on release I will probably cancel. Time will tell I guess

Back