1/6 Hot Toys Arkham Knight Batgirl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i could only keep one figure i think this would be it. However i think the rescue figure is so far the best for articulation in my experience. However batgirl has really good pose retention thanks to whatever system they are using in the torso. Also the cape with the wires is really fun and adds a ton to poses.
20221227_112117.jpg
20221227_112129.jpg
20221222_162057.jpg
20221216_130848.jpg

Attachments

• 20221011_212501.jpg
    20221011_212501.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220807_195213.jpg
    20220807_195213.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yes, this is really fun figure to pose and the smirk adds so much character. The hip joint might turn off some, but not me. I put it back in the box a few months ago, Maybe it’s time to display it again…hmm
Yeah i was really disappointed when they did that, however it doesnt really bother me now, but it still seems like it could be better. But i really like the sorta classic for my era bat look

I have a wire sticking out on my Cape I just got her the other day, so she came like this new

I can’t get it to move into the cape, and I don’t want to damage anything cause it’s only notice me if I go looking for it.

Has anyone dealt with this and had a pain free solution otherwise tho?
IMG_0471.jpeg

I have a wire sticking out on my Cape I just got her the other day, so she came like this new

I can’t get it to move into the cape, and I don’t want to damage anything cause it’s only notice me if I go looking for it.

Has anyone dealt with this and had a pain free solution otherwise tho?
View attachment 648997
Haven’t had this problem with this figure, but I’ve had wires poking out of other capes. I just use a black sharpie on it so it blends in and I don’t have to worry about it.

I finally solved one of my biggest issue with the figure-- the overbearing sheen. The suit in the game is nowhere near as glossy as the figure so what I did was sprayed on some Mr Super Clear matte coat and not only does it reduce the shine significantly, but it also added the texture quite similar to the game. I do recommend it if the shine bothers you and it doesn't take any skill at all.

EDIT: The cowl wasn't coated in the photos below.

IMG_7317.JPG
IMG_7316.JPG

Last edited:
I finally solved one of my biggest issue with the figure-- the overbearing sheen. The suit in the game is nowhere near as glossy as the figure so what I did was sprayed on some Mr Super Clear matte coat and not only does it reduce the shine significantly, but it also added the texture quite similar to the game. I do recommend it if the shine bothers you and it doesn't take any skill at all.

View attachment 651703View attachment 651704
That looks great. Did you do the helmet as well? If so how did you manage to mask the eyes and hair?
I also wonder if stuff like this will help or negatively affect longevity of the rubber

I played the DLC and she looks tall and athletic , 5' 11" according the game, the figure looks small compared to Deathstroke or Batman.
Batgirl bio.JPG

Last edited:

View attachment 651703View attachment 651704
Damn, that does look really good! I do find the sheen makes her look a little cheap and toyetic so, if I decide I’ll be keeping her long term, I’ll totally be doing this.

Damn, that does look really good! I do find the sheen makes her look a little cheap and toyetic so, if I decide I’ll be keeping her long term, I’ll totally be doing this.
Thats a bit of my thoughts as well, its a visual improvement, but could hurt resell value down the line. Although this is one of my favorite pieces in my small collection and i waited a long time for this to release

That looks great. Did you do the helmet as well? If so how did you manage to mask the eyes and hair?
I also wonder if stuff like this will help or negatively affect longevity of the rubber
Thanks, no I didn't do the cowl but I will. The rubber is thick enough ala the old Keaton DX09 so I wouldn't worry about it. The cape however-- HAS to be treated otherwise it will crack just like the Arkham Knight Batman.
I played the DLC and she looks tall and athletic , 5' 11" according the game, the figure looks small compared to Deathstroke or Batman.
Yup the figure is way undersized and lanky. She's not this tiny and skinny in the game.
Yeah the sheen is not only inaccurate to the game, but just cheapens the whole look. It just looks like a cheap doll and it's really distracting. I used this Matte sealer:

1.jpg

Thats a bit of my thoughts as well, its a visual improvement, but could hurt resell value down the line. Although this is one of my favorite pieces in my small collection and i waited a long time for this to release
The resell value really depends on the audience when it comes to HT. I have all the HT Arkham line and I've modded some of them extensively since none of them are game-accurate out of the box, especially the Arkham City Batman which I think is an incomplete figure. I've sold modded Arkham figures on eBay before and the mods actually made them more in demand if anything.

I also think the Arkham games are a one and done deal, now that we've lost Kevin Conroy. There will be more Batman movies sure, but in terms of videogames I think this would never be topped hence why I'm keeping mine. Here's my modded AC Bats:

IMG_6390.JPG

Here goes nothing. First of all this thing is horrible trying to clean the dust off the sticky rubber. Its like you look at it wrong and dust appears lol. But anyways here some work in progress of this particular attempt. A before and after.

Edit: Any thoughts on how this would work on the cape? Would it crack? would it look good? Terrible?

Attachments

• 20230726_101928.jpg
    20230726_101928.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230726_102804.jpg
    20230726_102804.jpg
    920.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back