Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well no point deleting my post now that you've quoted me.

lol.gif

I hope none of them are DX. I'm sick of PERS. They probably will be though.

Haters gonna hate. It's easy to talk about how ****ty PERS is when we see figures that aren't exactly the pinnacle, but everyone conveniently leaves out when it does work (DXO9 and DX08 are both Batman figures, and they both have great PERS), and before I hear the "but I don't want ugly panels on my Batmen," you can't even tell unless you display your figures assbackwards. Don't forget that Returns Batman, like his predecessor, can't move his head. That being said, I question how they'd do PERS for Penguin. It seems like the character is going to have rooted hair (not really another choice), and I question how they could incorporate a PERS panel with rooted hair.

I love all my DX's ( 08, 09, 12 )

PERS just don't interest me enough to want to spend more for them. All 3 of mine work well and look great. I just don't personally see the value for me.

I think the big problem is the follow through, not the anticipation.

If a girl said she'd blow you on January 6th, 2013 and then kept pushing it back and never said a word, you'd be annoyed to! ;)

:exactly: :lol

*ahem* XFC :impatient:

Hot Toys always said it would be late 2012 before we saw anything so I'm surprised we've seen nothing up till now, still cant wait to see that Batman though :impatient:

Höt Toys says alot of things

It seems like the character is going to have rooted hair (not really another choice), and I question how they could incorporate a PERS panel with rooted hair.

I'm not sure but couldnt they somehow put the joystick coming out of the bottom of his neck? So in order to move the eyes you could remove the head and move the stick on the base of the neck? I don't know just spit balling

I'm not sure but couldnt they somehow put the joystick coming out of the bottom of his neck? So in order to move the eyes you could remove the head and move the stick on the base of the neck? I don't know just spit balling

I don't know either, but sculpted hair would raise an issue with head articulation, and with the character's unconventional physique (he's practically a hunchback), that seems like something they wouldn't want to sacrifice. I suppose it could work if there was a PERS panel with hair attached positioned low enough that all of the hair converged and hid it. That being said, he might not even be a DX.

Back