Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can't find the correct text you could always make it yourself, if you have illustrator of course.

Very good work. I can't even really tell the difference between this and the actual poster other than this is the highest quality so far.

If you can't find the correct text you could always make it yourself, if you have illustrator of course.

Very good work. I can't even really tell the difference between this and the actual poster other than this is the highest quality so far.

I don't have illustrator... which makes my job harder, I literally paint everything in.

I did make a lot of changes to the text, I'll just keep working at it until I get it just right, as it is I've spent at least 6 maybe 8 hours on this so far.

Here it is so far... 5000x 3mb, i couldn't find the right text(I got close though)... so I'll probably fix that soon.

oswaldcobblepotposter.jpg

Im0 it looks great!
All you can do now is find more suitable font for the "Oswald Cobblepot" and make less obvious transition between white and yellow in it.

I did that because I figured the camera inverted the colours somehow(when you look closely at the image, it looks almost darker where the light is supposed to be so I went lighter)

I don't know if it was really intended to look white but since the light was shining upward and how light the background was I assumed it was there that the camera couldn't pickup... also thought it would give it a good pop. :)

I can always make it both ways, lol! :wink1:

Here it is so far... 5000x 3mb, i couldn't find the right text(I got close though)... so I'll probably fix that soon.

Still needs to be cleaned up a bit I think but if you think it's good enough I can send you the full image(image shack won't allow me to put it up for some reason. :mad:)

oswaldcobblepotposter.jpg

Looks flippin' fantastic!

I will definitely want the highest res version you have when you're done.

I'd actually be okay with the font as it is, but the white to yellow transition in the letters could be a bit smoother like RIDDICK said.

i am so looking foward to these releases, they are going to be AMAZING thats for sure. if they look anything like the HT B89 figures, they will look stunning. like others i am more worried about penguin, but i honestly cant see them doing that wrong. its such a classic look, and i would imagine pretty easy to get down.

whats great about HT is that they are releasing what is probably the best versions of these characters that have ever existed commercially available. i mean what have we gotten of these characters, some kiddie action figures and model kits? thats it! especially poor penguin, who NEVER got a proper release period. people had to make custom figures, like i did, if they wanted a proper devito penguin. so i am happy to hear that HT is working on what will most likely be the definitive line of figures from this classic film.

my only question is, how long does it ussually take HT to release figure specs after they have announced the license with the "coming soon" poster?

Last edited:
my only question is, how long does it ussually take HT to release figure specs after they have announced the license with the "coming soon" poster?

Impossible to know unless they've stated a release date, but even then they might change it... I know because I remember 2010 when they announced the Sam Flynn Light Cycle figure and it hasn't been released yet! HT have much work to do so chances are that these figures aren't coming very soon.

Wonder if they'll release the Returns Batmobile as well, easy enough since the have the 89 Batmobile coming out, really just a matte sealer on the paint app instead of the gloss coat used in 89

Wonder if they'll release the Returns Batmobile as well, easy enough since the have the 89 Batmobile coming out, really just a matte sealer on the paint app instead of the gloss coat used in 89

I thought the 89 Batmobile was a polished matte finish and Returns was a gloss? I gotta look at both again I think, lol.

Technically, they're one and the same as HT Batmobile includes gadgets from both movies.

The 89 hottoys batmobile will have all the functions that the returns one had, including the firing discs and cylinder rotating pillar.

The 89 hottoys batmobile will have all the functions that the returns one had, including the firing discs and cylinder rotating pillar.

Which means there is no need for double dipping :lecture

Well it was only announced one month ago, there's no rush! '89 hasn't been released by Sideshow yet (i think), the first Returns figure shouldn't release til 2013, to answer your question some licenses were announced as "coming soon" in 2010 and 2011 and still nothing further.

Last edited:
Woops, I misunderstood.

I thought he was saying that the car in the '89 movie had all the same features the one in Returns had. :doh

Yes, the HT batmobile will cover both movie's features. I only expect them to make one.

Which means there is no need for double dipping :lecture

Well it was only announced one month ago, there's no rush! '89 hasn't been released by Sideshow yet (i think), the first Returns figure shouldn't release til 2013, to answer your question some licenses were announced as "coming soon" in 2010 and 2011 and still nothing further.

Indeed, but we're talking about Batman, not some licence that has not proven its value to HT yet...

I'm sure Returns will be similar to the '89 license. Expect to see something this summer, then preorders around August, and a release date of December or early 2013.

That'd be cool if they're released around Christmas.

Is anyone else looking forward to Catwoman like I am? Its going to be sic who knows though, her action figure from the batman returns line in 1993 was awesome I spent many hours flicking the whip, which leads me wondering how flexible the whip on this is going to be, but I Have a feeling they'll throw in the bat missile in there too, not just the 1989 batmobile

Is anyone else looking forward to Catwoman like I am? Its going to be sic who knows though, her action figure from the batman returns line in 1993 was awesome I spent many hours flicking the whip, which leads me wondering how flexible the whip on this is going to be, but I Have a feeling they'll throw in the bat missile in there too, not just the 1989 batmobile

Im really looking forward to Catwoman. I have already waited to have her quite some time already.

Back