Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never realized how many Iron Man Figures had already been released lol. Now imagine that picture when all of the IM3 versions come out :horror:panic:

I'll say it again, how sad that HT, who built a reputation for incredibly realistic human sculpts and likeness and amazing tailoring for mass produced toys, now have the most basic looking red and yellow robot as their primary output. And they're not even doing them right either. Aren't they all underscaled and misproportioned?

I'll say it again, how sad that HT, who built a reputation for incredibly realistic human sculpts and likeness and amazing tailoring for mass produced toys, now have the most basic looking red and yellow robot as their primary output. And they're not even doing them right either. Aren't they all underscaled and misproportioned?
Proportions are slowly getting more believable - Mark 42 no longer has an impossible giraffe neck and the way his arms raise at the shoulder joints looks less like a toy and more like a man in a suit. But they're also simplifying the figures considerably in order to crank out as many suits of armor as possible; the Silver Centurion doesn't even have ab articulation, but instead a torso like the new-body Predators. They're also no longer doing gadgets and folding panels, just making the Iron Men as basic as possible while simultaneously maintaining or even increasing the prices.

This is what $250 got you last year versus this year (and I'm not comparing die-cast to plastic, here, either):

PD1343636021lhE.jpg

PD13747216852zn.jpg

Last edited:

Haha, a perfect example of what's wrong with so many action figure lines.

Dozens of variants of the main hero, and only one or two villains.

That's what I hated about the old Kenner action figures, and is one thing I like about the Hot Toys Batman lines. You get more than one Batman, sure...but not a dozen. And plenty of villains (Joker, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Bane, Catwoman...)

I've got a feeling this line will blow us away. The scope for vehicles, penguins, bases, man oh man. Will Catwoman come with a little neon "HELL HERE" sign I wonder?

That said, I only intend to buy 1/4 Keaton as that's my scale. Damn stoked for that...but suspect it's a ways off yet.

Howard hasn't expressed much enthusiasm for 1:4 scale in the recent interviews. Really does seem to have been a petty response to Enterbay to prevent them from cornering any kind of market.

Howard hasn't expressed much enthusiasm for 1:4 scale in the recent interviews. Really does seem to have been a petty response to Enterbay to prevent them from cornering any kind of market.
Yep, they have all of two 1:4 scale figures coming to market and haven't revealed a new one in nearly 13 months. Like someone else said, its pretty obvious Hot Toys added exclusive 1:4 scale to their exclusive 1:6 scale licensing contracts simply so that Enterbay couldn't. Pretty shady.

I've got a feeling this line will blow us away. The scope for vehicles, penguins, bases, man oh man. Will Catwoman come with a little neon "HELL HERE" sign I wonder?

That said, I only intend to buy 1/4 Keaton as that's my scale. Damn stoked for that...but suspect it's a ways off yet.

You're giving me false hopes again. a set of 1:6 scale Penguin Commandos..........

I remember waking up every day last December looking forward to any kind of news from this line. Over half a year later and we have just as much info as we did back then.

I remember waking up every day last December looking forward to any kind of news from this line. Over half a year later and we have just as much info as we did back then.

We might not see anything until the Superman/Batman film build up in the next year or two. :horror

I did the same. Everyday of December. Honestly I thought we see things in December 2012 and these figures would be in our hands Dec 2013.

Back