Hot Toys Amazing Spiderman Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember getting Gossebumps watching the trailer for SM2, it just looked so awesome, and it was.

It matured the characters past the somewhat goofy characterisations from the first and the villain was so much better.

I like Willem Dafoe but there were some terribly awkward parts in that movie. One of the things that drove me crazy with the Raimi movies was Mary Jane being targeted, like it got totally missed that it was the same chick who got taken last time. I also couldn't get past Toby. Peter Parker was really intelligent, with him it just always seemed like the opposite effect. Anyways, I did like the costume design and the action scenes were cool.

This really came in as a surprise by HT... at 1st glance it didnt look right at all... but after awhile 2nd to 3rd look just like the costume in the movie itself its starting to look great!

111549ht5hcdd0t14lz5rv.jpg

Looks almost perfect, the Red parts need more weathering/blue tint to them but so far so good

Spiderman used to be my favorite superhero off all times... Then Marvel did some things like One More Day and after that I left the Spider Comics...

The Spider Man outfit that I dig the most is the Ben Reilly´s... To the point that I actually had him tatooed at my right shoulder!

As this new movie outfit resembles more the Ben Reilly´s than the "Original", I can say that I just can´t wait for the new version.

(And, just for information, I also have a movie Captain America tatooed in the left shoulder. Just loved that outfit).

I've been reading Spidey comics since I was 7, at first I hated the One More Day thing but now I'm happy with where they're at with him now. They've focused more on his super heroness without ignoring Peter Parker's side of the story. Should give the new ones a chance.

I remember getting Gossebumps watching the trailer for SM2, it just looked so awesome, and it was.

It matured the characters past the somewhat goofy characterisations from the first and the villain was so much better.

:goodpost::exactly: Doc Oc was awesome...the subway fight was amazing, the special FX were stunning...the little homage to Evil Dead during the operation room scene was great...it was a really solid movie IMO.

From my experience I withhold all judgement until I see the in hand photos but so far I'm really liking this.

I've been reading Spidey comics since I was 7, at first I hated the One More Day thing but now I'm happy with where they're at with him now. They've focused more on his super heroness without ignoring Peter Parker's side of the story. Should give the new ones a chance.

One of the reasons I gave up comics. I understand the reasoning, but I got tired of a writer taking a character in a new and interesting direction, only to see next writer retcon everything back to the way it was when they first read the book. Bringing back Hal Jordan and Barry Allen was the last straw (even though I grew up with and loved those characters).

That said, unmaking a character, while unbelievably frustrating, doesn't have to destroy him, nor does it prevent writers from telling good tales. I just wish there was a way to balance the retro with continuity. I really think DC did it right back in the day with a Batman and Legends of the Dark Knight. Books like Batman and Detective kept the mythos evolving, and Legends let writers play in any sandbox they wanted without undoing the continuity.

The whole brand new day thing was very controvercial but i don't see another way around it for getting the series to freshen up and more free & less cumbersome.

Would it have been any better to have killed off MJ or had them divorce?

Since the movie is getting great reviews, looks like we may get more outta this line!!

Since the movie is getting great reviews, looks like we may get more outta this line!!
Movie success (particularly critical success) =/= toy success. Look no further than the god-awful AvP movies spawning countless HT figures, while Inglorious Basterds struggled with 2 figures.

Movie success (particularly critical success) =/= toy success. Look no further than the god-awful AvP movies spawning countless HT figures, while Inglorious Basterds struggled with 2 figures.

Yeah but comic book characters sell. And HT seems to like to get to these movies while their hot.

HT Green Lantern? (i don't buy for a sec it was cause it was too hard to do. If that movie was awesome they woulda made it happen)

Last edited:
Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time with plenty of fans and it took them years to come out with one bad figure. Then we have 30 versions of the joker an infinite amount of iron men and useless predators. I hope we see a lizard and Gwen but I doubt it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back