Hot Toys absolutely must make WATCHMEN figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, here's a pretty thorough (yet not "completest") list of film-based WATCHMEN 1:6 figures that could potentially be made (or not).

Absolute Musts
The Comedian (w/ Alternate heads)
Rorschach (w/ Alternate heads)
Dr. Manhattan
Nite Owl II
Silk Spectre II
Ozymandias

Would be very cool, and possible
Walter Kovacs (w/ "The End is Nigh" sign)
Comedian (1940 Minutemen version)
Nite Owl I
Silk Spectre I
Bubastis(!!)

Nice, but not likely
Dr. Jon Osterman (pre-Manhattan)
Adrian Veidt (no costume)
Dan Dreiberg (no costume)
Comedian (Nixon Fund-raiser Tuxedo)
Moloch the Mystic
Captain Metropolis
Hooded Justice
Big Figure
Silhouette
Dollar Bill
Mothman

Couldn't possibly have composed a better list! :banana In terms of the "Nice, but not likely," I'd be curious to see whether or not they do any characters from "The Black Freighter", whether the main character or Black Beard.

Well as we've yet to see the watchmen figures I can't really say that. Though when it comes to stories I'd have to whole heartedly agree. The movie might not be that good, god forbid. But right now besides Enterbay's WOD Bruce Lee figure these are the best as of right now.

A HT Comedian, Rorshach and Ozymandias are absolute MUST-BUYS for me. I would however consider a Nite Owl II after seeing the movie.

As much as I hope HT will be getting the license, a small part of me hope they do not cause with the DK line and Ironman, I am near financial suicide and it will be great to be able to take a break for at least half a year or more.

As much as I hope HT will be getting the license, a small part of me hope they do not cause with the DK line and Ironman, I am near financial suicide and it will be great to be able to take a break for at least half a year or more.

I'd give up pretty much any line for this one if I had to.

Great news, really hope this happens. Can't see why not if the movie does as well as its expected to!

I'd be after pretty much the whole line. Might even be interested in an Owlship after seeing how well the Batmobile in TDK line.

Thing is, unless they plan on offering the core six characters they shouldn't even bother, imho.

Are you listening, Hot Toys?? Please, no POTC, TDK, LOTR unfinished business here. These characters are too important to many people who have been waiting two decades for this stuff to finally happen.

And, SG-22, your idea of a 1:6 Owl Ship is staggering, yet intriguing. After seeing the fullsize Owl Ship prop at SDCC I know it would only be slightly bigger than the TDK Tumbler. I'd get one in a heartbeat. Damn you! :lol

They would probably be making a mistake if they didn't take this license. Watchmen is going to be for next summer what The Dark Knight was for this summer. (at least for the fans and other people that would buy a great 1:6 figure)

Watchmen is also relatively unknown in Asian countries compared with Batman. That'll hurt its chances of having a line similar to TDK. I see a couple of characters being released but doubt a huge lineup being available.

Watchmen is also relatively unknown in Asian countries compared with Batman. That'll hurt its chances of having a line similar to TDK. I see a couple of characters being released but doubt a huge lineup being available.

Even if WATCHMEN doesn't resonate at all in the Asian markets (I think it actually will) Hot Toys has to know that their overall reach is much further than that... the North American distribution partnerships with Sideshow and DC Direct are proof of that. And certainly DC Direct would have a vested internal interest in WATCHMEN product from HT.

I thought it had gotten pushed back to the summer...oh well, the sooner the better as far as im concerned. I also heard that The Dark Knight did terribly in Japan.

No, the film is still due March 6 in North America and several other markets.

I don't suspect it will do nearly as much box office as TDK has. That would be crazy and totally unexpected. For one, it will be Rated R and won't be released in the middle of the Summer. To say nothing of the fact that TDK was a phenomenon that rode a wave of buzz that made it a "must see" in the mainstream. Whether that's due to Ledger's death will be debated for ever, but in any case that kind of buzz is rare these days.

WATCHMEN won't touch that. I'm also leery of the kind of "legs" it will have as I fully expect its plot, tone and subject matter will go over the heads of most of the people expecting another popcorn comic book flick. But I think it will still do healthy business... probably similar to the business "300" did. $200 million or so domestically would be nice.

Okay, here's a pretty thorough (yet not "completest") list of film-based WATCHMEN 1:6 figures that could potentially be made (or not).

Absolute Musts
The Comedian (w/ Alternate heads)
Rorschach (w/ Alternate heads)
Dr. Manhattan
Nite Owl II
Silk Spectre II
Ozymandias

Would be very cool, and possible
Walter Kovacs (w/ "The End is Nigh" sign)
Comedian (1940 Minutemen version)
Nite Owl I
Silk Spectre I
Bubastis(!!)

Nice, but not likely
Dr. Jon Osterman (pre-Manhattan)
Adrian Veidt (no costume)
Dan Dreiberg (no costume)
Comedian (Nixon Fund-raiser Tuxedo)
Moloch the Mystic
Captain Metropolis
Hooded Justice