Hot Toys 1/6 - The Mandalorian Death Watch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I enjoy Mando lore, it's beginning to overshadow Star Wars.

Then maybe the rest of SW better start upping its game, what do you say?

Just wait till "The Acolyte," you'll be fondly looking back on Mando soon enough. You have to enjoy the few bits of good you get out of the SW universe, because the crap is coming soon enough, and plenty of it.

Although I enjoy Mando lore, it's beginning to overshadow Star Wars.

Its the only part of SW I like left besides X-Wings. Other than that, I can’t even say I’m even a true Star Wars fan anymore and I’m basically where I’m at with Marvel/DC movies where I just judge each upcoming project on its own instead of as a whole franchise.

Posted by Monica Doo:

dw1.jpg
dw2.jpg
dw3.jpg

Ramatuelle said:
See, just as I suspected DWM is gonna meld seamlessly with all other Mandos, creating a blockbuster display. Although it WOULD have been nice if Monica here could have moved Din out the way for 30 seconds, so we could get a clear owners-style shot.

She must've heard you. :lol

Then maybe the rest of SW better start upping its game, what do you say?

Just wait till "The Acolyte," you'll be fondly looking back on Mando soon enough. You have to enjoy the few bits of good you get out of the SW universe, because the crap is coming soon enough, and plenty of it.
You don’t think the Acolyte is going to be good? It might possibly play into Plagueis since it takes place at the end of the High Republic and the Sith Lords that were around at that time were likely Tenebrous, Plagueis and Venamis. I’m looking forward to that a lot. A story FINALLY from the perspective of the Dark Side? Pshhh. Don’t know what’s to dislike at this point at least.

You don’t think the Acolyte is going to be good? It might possibly play into Plagueis since it takes place at the end of the High Republic and the Sith Lords that were around at that time were likely Tenebrous, Plagueis and Venamis. I’m looking forward to that a lot. A story FINALLY from the perspective of the Dark Side? Pshhh. Don’t know what’s to dislike at this point at least.

You might want to read up on who is running the show and what her priorities are. It's going to be awful, High Republic level awful.

You might want to read up on who is running the show and what her priorities are. It's going to be awful, High Republic level awful.
Yeah, she sucks, but there’s more than enough good stuff coming up that outweighs the bad, it’s probably because I’m younger than 95% of the people on here but I’ve enjoyed the majority of non-literature Star Wars content in the last 5 years. TLJ is a mixed bag, and I actively dislike TROS Skywalker, squadrons was awful. But The Siege of Mandalore, Galaxy’s Edge, and The Mandalorian are some of my favorite Star Wars content ever plus I love most of The Bad Batch, Rebels, and Jedi Fallen Order. Star Wars was never perfect and had it’s fair share of crappy media.

Last edited:
Its the only part of SW I like left besides X-Wings. Other than that, I can’t even say I’m even a true Star Wars fan anymore and I’m basically where I’m at with Marvel/DC movies where I just judge each upcoming project on its own instead of as a whole franchise.
It's too corporate. Sad you have to just pick something instead of enjoying all of it. I've realized my time with SW is over with as the great Legends material that has been trashed. Recycling Legends and making it worse is just salt in the wound.

It's too corporate. Sad you have to just pick something instead of enjoying all of it. I've realized my time with SW is over with as the great Legends material that has been trashed. Recycling Legends and making it worse is just salt in the wound.
yeah like Chewbacca getting crushed by a ******* planet or The Force Unleashed II being a massive rip off. Star Wars was never all good. People tend to look at things with rose-tinted glasses.

yeah like Chewbacca getting crushed by a ******* planet or The Force Unleashed II being a massive rip off. Star Wars was never all good. People tend to look at things with rose-tinted glasses.
Forgot the Vong. But loved me some Katarn, Rendar, Mara Jade, Skywalker kids, Luke actually building a good Jedi Academy.

It was a corp decision to kill Chewie and an overarching bad guy for the books. Both bad decisions imo. TFU2 was an awful game that rehashed the first. Easy money grab. Kotor games great quality, but took out content on the sequel. Rehash incoming for that too.

Rogue one would like a word...

It's not as good. I liked it but there were problems throughout the first 2/3 of the movie and it was a bit slow at times. Still a great movie overall though. I really like K2 and the whole backstory about the creation of the Death Star with Krennic. And of course the action in the last 1/3 is great.

Back