Hot Toys 1/6 - The Mandalorian Death Watch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the design for this guy would have benefitted from having a Boba style heavier utilities type belt or maybe a cod piece. Not sure i like the romper suit look he has due to the very slim belt, armour stops at midriff, continues at thighs.
I do like the overall uniform view though, looks right for a rank and file of a military, rather than the cobbled together look of Mando bounty hunters.

So…this makes sense in the prequel wing of my detolf room right? I see posting about him with other Mando figures but I’m thinking him with a pile of repainted hasbro super battle droids would look awesome.

Are there any reviews out there for this guy yet? Couldn't find any on YouTube. I'm really on the fence with this guy.
Some of the in hand pics look great but he's basically Boba's helmet and Mando's first armour set painted blue.
Being a Mandalorian figure though I guess selling him later if I get bored of him would be pretty easy.

EDIT: The guy who used to used to do reviews with his kids has just put his review up
Strangely, I miss the kids. Watching the the kids get dangerously close to dropping or breaking $250+ figures was fun. It added an element of danger to each video.

So…this makes sense in the prequel wing of my detolf room right? I see posting about him with other Mando figures but I’m thinking him with a pile of repainted hasbro super battle droids would look awesome.

It could definitely work, you can have him with Bo in the prequel section as well.

Yeah, I think Bo can be that bridge if you really want to put them in any type of chronological order. I’m gonna have Beskar Din with Bo and this DWM together and then og Din with Paz and Armorer on another shelf.

I’ll worry about re-arranging them whenever Koska and Axe come out. We’ve got at least 18-21+ months to wait even if they were announced next.

Yeah, I think Bo can be that bridge if you really want to put them in any type of chronological order. I’m gonna have Beskar Din with Bo and this DWM together and then og Din with Paz and Armorer on another shelf.

I’ll worry about re-arranging them whenever Koska and Axe come out. We’ve got at least 18-21+ months to wait even if they were announced next.

Iffff Koska and Axe come out.

065ca3b2dda16d44d97af801b2f897a0c091a144.gifv

Strangely, I miss the kids. Watching the the kids get dangerously close to dropping or breaking $250+ figures was fun. It added an element of danger to each video.
Once i remember watching some chick, unrelated to the hobby - was she a makeup artist?! Something like that - unboxing a HT Iron Man some rando had sent her on Youtube and the way she was handling that figure, i ended up turning the video off because i just could not take it. This was years ago.

I handle all my figures as if they are made of bone china and i dont want to watch some idiot holding a $350 figure by one foot upside down. I have spoken.

Once i remember watching some chick, unrelated to the hobby - was she a makeup artist?! Something like that - unboxing a HT Iron Man some rando had sent her on Youtube and the way she was handling that figure, i ended up turning the video off because i just could not take it. This was years ago.

I handle all my figures as if they are made of bone china and i dont want to watch some idiot holding a $350 figure by one foot upside down. I have spoken.
When some simp sends you a piece of crap so he can get in your pants

I think the design for this guy would have benefitted from having a Boba style heavier utilities type belt or maybe a cod piece. Not sure i like the romper suit look he has due to the very slim belt, armour stops at midriff, continues at thighs.
I do like the overall uniform view though, looks right for a rank and file of a military, rather than the cobbled together look of Mando bounty hunters.

DWM does have a strong ventral-side vulnerability from the ribs on down, no two ways about it. His abdomen and groin are just.... Out there. He looks sleeker but he has no protection there. Mando and Boba are thinking more strategically. Even Mando could stand more coverage.

I get that they dont want everyone to have all the exact same armor pieces, but dang.

The bib underneath the chest armor and the bigger belt buckle, they added for Axe, definitely help fill in the mid-section area much more better.

7326F390-5520-4FDA-AF82-852B15254E53.jpeg

But yeah, as rank and file soldiers constantly jetpacking in, out, and around a battle field, one can understand why they opted for complete mobility rather than more protection like a Mando Bounty Hunter would have.

You know, I am just now realizing that this guy comes with only the waist grabber dynamic stand. And as much as I claim I am going to put Bo, Koska and Axe on those stands.... I really hate them.

So I am going to have to put DW on a black generic stand, pry the nameplate off and stick it on that. And it sucks. Why cant they make it so you can just plug a regular crotch stand into the base and use that if preferred? *grouchy*

Axe Wove ought to have matching thigh armor. It makes sense for Mando, cause he was a scavenger. But the Nite Owls are professionals, don't they make their armor?

Axe Wove ought to have matching thigh armor. It makes sense for Mando, cause he was a scavenger. But the Nite Owls are professionals, don't they make their armor?

Yeah, it’d be cool to get some clarification how they went from the Fett styled armor during The Clone Wars to these versions. If Rebels was only about a decade before, those guys still had the classic styles.

But then again, Bo’s explanation of her armor made it seem like that’s the one she wore during that time too so I guess it’s just live-action realization of the animated designs?:dunno

Different sect of Death Watch, different armour. He was raised by The Children of the Watch, not actual Death Watch.

Most of Din's armour was still in a Mandalorian style, could have just used the same moulds for different materials :dunno.

It's Star Wars, none of it makes sense.

How's that Rock story arc coming along ?

It might be doing "extremely well" in your little social media bubble, but I don't see anything of it in mine. And my social media is VERY Star Wars centric.

I also don't see any of the main Youtubers covering it either ??

Anyway, each to their own. They lost me when the Rock was revealed. How ridiculous. Claudia Grey's reputation must have taken a huge tumble after that one !
I don’t do social media “bubbles”, but in the comic world, the Star Wars fans are loving it. Why aren’t people covering it? Because they don’t read it. Period. If they DID they would be covering it about being good or being horrible, am I right or wrong? People, especially YouTubers, don’t miss a chance to let people and LFL know how bad they’re screwing up. So yeah, that’s why YOU aren’t hearing about it. I actually work in the Star Wars world and that’s as far as I’ll go with that. But as for the social media “bubbles” that you frequent, I can’t speak to that. But go to Star Wars comic Reddit, and all the other places that cover Star Wars books and comics, and it’s killing it. Did you even see the sales? How can you debate sales? The first copy went into a FIFTH printing for god sake. How can you ignore the sales. So keep belittling me by calling my bubble “little”, but your “little” social media bubble doesn’t mean much to the rest of the world, just as mine doesn’t.

And the High Republic is much mother than Claudia Grey and the Geode ( if that’s what you’re discussing). It’s not all fantastic. But a lot of it is really good.

I would be all about a Plagueis-era show featuring a Sith lord tearing it up like they do, but with that production team, trust is going to have to be earned over here.

After all, theyre sitting around texting each other about their sudden revelation that Luke and Leia are related, imagine that! Did you know that?! Wow, me neither. Thats the level of intellect we are talking here. So theyre gonna have to justify my love.
And that was my point. That’s why I’m excited about it. Because of the potential of the time period and the supposed content. Anything dealing with the Dark Side during the time when Plagueis is alive at doing his thing has the potential to be great. So that’s why I’m looking forward to it. Me and my “little” social media bubble 🤣. I’m in no way saying it’s going to be great. I’m not delusional. I know who’s creating this show. But the content and the time period and the possibilities have me excited. Especially after The Mandalorian and all the other goodness in store for the Television series.

I don’t do social media “bubbles”, but in the comic world, the Star Wars fans are loving it. Why aren’t people covering it? Because they don’t read it. Period. If they DID they would be covering it about being good or being horrible, am I right or wrong? People, especially YouTubers, don’t miss a chance to let people and LFL know how bad they’re screwing up. So yeah, that’s why YOU aren’t hearing about it. I actually work in the Star Wars world and that’s as far as I’ll go with that. But as for the social media “bubbles” that you frequent, I can’t speak to that. But go to Star Wars comic Reddit, and all the other places that cover Star Wars books and comics, and it’s killing it. Did you even see the sales? How can you debate sales? The first copy went into a FIFTH printing for god sake. How can you ignore the sales. So keep belittling me by calling my bubble “little”, but your “little” social media bubble doesn’t mean much to the rest of the world, just as mine doesn’t.

And the High Republic is much mother than Claudia Grey and the Geode ( if that’s what you’re discussing). It’s not all fantastic. But a lot of it is really good.

Your little bubble is the reason there are no more Star Wars movies, only TV shows. The franchise was saved by The Mandalorian not some small time agenda driven comic book with a following of 75 Reddit users. But don't take it from me, take it from Howard Chan and other entrepreneurs who make their living selling loads of Star Wars merchandise, ST sucks confirmed. I'll wait patiently for those high end High Republic toys though.

Back