Hot Toys 1/6 The Amazing Spiderman Comic version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man it's just so uneven and lumpy all over the place.

This reminds me of the first SM3 Toby spidey with that ugly ass uneven lines and seams at the neck and top of the head.

Weird lumps around the shoulders and stitch areas, gah.

Hmmm maybe they’ll release a better version with HONŌ? Different spidey mask sculpts? Idk I really want mcfarlene version

I like it, only niggle for me is the seams on and around the head/neck area. Don't quite get the crits that suggest the VG classic suit is closer to the comics....this new Spidey looks (other than the eyes) like a classic Romita-era Spidey.
Hate the weird pecs and the "skinny" belt design on the VG version.

Could be nostalgia too though that's coming into play...this new figure makes me think of my old, well loved Mego Spidey.

I like it, only niggle for me is the seams on and around the head/neck area. Don't quite get the crits that suggest the VG classic suit is closer to the comics....this new Spidey looks (other than the eyes) like a classic Romita-era Spidey.

Could be nostalgia too though that's coming into play...this new figure makes me think of my old, well loved Mego Spidey.
Too me is more the body proportions than the suit. Wider lats and slimmer waist make it more like a "comic" character. The torso on the Comic Spiderman looks too straight.

Other than that and the bigger eyes, it is practically the same suit

Well now you have :)

niggle
/ˈnɪɡl/
verb
cause slight but persistent annoyance, discomfort, or anxiety.
"Doreen wanted to discuss matters that niggled at her mind"
Similar:
irritate
annoy
worry

8 inch mego spidey was the GOAT!

I definitely prefer the VG Classic, but I'm happy for those that enjoy what this one brings to the table.

I had it on preorder, and after seeing a couple of hyper-critical reviews, I doubted my decision to buy it. I even tried to cancel my order (though unsuccessfully). Now that I have it in hand, I think it's great! I really like it.

My experience with this figure made me think about reviews in general. They are useful, but we must be careful about the bias of the reviewer, be it positive or negative, the distortion of the camera, and the hype surrounding new releases. My advice... proceed with caution.

I had it on preorder, and after seeing a couple of hyper-critical reviews, I doubted my decision to buy it. I even tried to cancel my order (though unsuccessfully). Now that I have it in hand, I think it's great! I really like it.

My experience with this figure made me think about reviews in general. They are useful, but we must be careful about the bias of the reviewer, be it positive or negative, the distortion of the camera, and the hype surrounding new releases. My advice... proceed with caution.
And tastes vary. Some highly praised figures I dislike, while some criticized ones are my personal favorites.

Great Figure, I tried a few poses and the suit went back to normal. I am leaving it in this pose for a couple days to see how it is. I will say if the bend is in the red fabric, no problem going to normal.
After two days I straightened the arms. Two days later, the wrinkles are gone. The blue seems as if it will self repair to about 90%. No figure will be wrinkle free unless it has a fabric/spandex suit. If these companies go that route, it would be great.

I’m going to use my work desktop, and two cell phones to get a good spot in my the queue. But from the description sideshow has for this item it seems like for 1 hour only it will be open to order for those that rsvp. Which is super easy and simple
Favor: Let’s keep bashing this figure to kill the hype thus increasing my chances to order this on Wednesday.

Based on how that wolverine looks, I could see hono doing it much cleaner and cheaper. I don't like the proportions of this spidey. He's pretty stocky instead of slender.
Indeed. For me, the gold standard for the Spidey form is in the PS4/PS5 figures. Specifically, the advanced suits, 2099 suit, Negative suit.

Back