Hot Toys 1/6 The Amazing Spiderman Comic version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I get one through SS, great. If not I'm content with my videogame version. But there's no way HT isn't going to release a Spider-Man through the new HONO line. That may be even better for comic accuracy.

Go home TBA, you’re drunk.
1702092538956.png

HT are mad for this one.

I have the comic Iron Man coming on Monday and have the HONO Wolverine on preorder. I think I am one of the few people that prefer comic figures over the film versions.

That being said, it would be nice to be able to get this comic version of Spider-man. I would have a hard time paying over $400 for it though so I am hoping it is closer to $300. I also seem to not have luck getting the limited editions from Sideshow. They usually end up in my cart and Sideshow doesn’t let me check out until they are gone. Iron Man was a waitlist conversion. If I am not able to get this or if Sideshow’s price is too high, I’ll stick with the videogame version and hopefully HONO will eventually offer him.

I have the comic Iron Man coming on Monday and have the HONO Wolverine on preorder. I think I am one of the few people that prefer comic figures over the film versions.

That being said, it would be nice to be able to get this comic version of Spider-man. I would have a hard time paying over $400 for it though so I am hoping it is closer to $300. I also seem to not have luck getting the limited editions from Sideshow. They usually end up in my cart and Sideshow doesn’t let me check out until they are gone. Iron Man was a waitlist conversion. If I am not able to get this or if Sideshow’s price is too high, I’ll stick with the videogame version and hopefully HONO will eventually offer him.
I wouldn’t say I prefer them, but I have comic iron man coming, comic Wolverine now on order, just ordered a sideshow magneto last night, hoping we get more quality options.

I hope the X-men revival is a huge hit.

I used to like the comics and cartoons of these characters, so bring em on I say.

I love the realism ones just as much. They all touch the feels in one way or another

Looks like the same body as spider punk scarlet etc (buff) especially in arms which I like. But there’s some fabric on this(maybe padding) could be making a difference. I like it anyhow. Long as I get poses that look like this I’m all good! I love everything about it 99 percent!

IMG_0237.jpeg
IMG_0238.jpeg
IMG_0239.jpeg
IMG_0240.jpeg

The same old thick rubber used on the blue section but fabric on the red also makes zero sense. Why are they so opposed to doing full fabric? They used such a good fabric suit on the Spider-Verse Miles figure but they decide to never use that again. That Miles figure is the most poseable Spider-Man figure they’ve made since Scarlet. Couldn’t even do it for a classic comic Spider-Man figure when they had the chance?

You can even see the blue rubber edge raising above the red fabric section because of how thick it is. :ohbfrank:

Stitching on the mask looks a bit off imo. As much as I love me some classic spidey, I do think the video game version and even the one from homecoming fits the classic look better for me. Plus with the limited nature and hiked up prices, not sure what need this fills.

Stitching on the mask looks a bit off imo. As much as I love me some classic spidey, I do think the video game version and even the one from homecoming fits the classic look better for me. Plus with the limited nature and hiked up prices, not sure what need this fills.
Yeah I was looking at the NWH ending suit and that could replace this really easily. Looks more well done and not as awkward. Hell, even that suit has a more fabric-based blue section on the suit and not this thick rubber. Ridiculous.

Also what's even funnier is that the NWH suit, matches more closely with the Spider-Man design they're using on this figures art box. :lol

mtTfpp7.png
KZKC7up.png

The neck articulation is pretty awful. In the video, you can see how when the neck is pushed up, it slings back down due to the costume being 1 whole piece.

The more I look, the more this is an easy pass. It's overpriced by 200 dollars USD assuming it sells for 400. I think.

Yeah I was looking at the NWH ending suit and that could replace this really easily. Looks more well done and not as awkward. Hell, even that suit has a more fabric-based blue section on the suit and not this thick rubber. Ridiculous.

Also what's even funnier is that the NWH suit, matches more closely with the Spider-Man design they're using on this figures art box. :lol

mtTfpp7.png
KZKC7up.png
That NWH suit looks sooo good!

mtTfpp7.png
KZKC7up.png
Yeah I'm actually glad I Pre-ordered this version also. So even if I don't get the comic spiderman this one will still fill in the spot.

Almost 500 for a figure that doesn’t have many accessories or special functions. Why wasn’t this on the new hondo line? Lol

Back