Hot Toys 1/6 The Amazing Spiderman Comic version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's released! Toybuying agent already has it ready to ship as well on ebay was just released a few hours ago. They are in HK so not hard, waiting for my pop email! (little cheaper there)
Whoa! Headed right over there. $477 without shipping? I’ll take my chances with Sh!tshow...I mean, Sideshow.

I just did a side by side eyeball test of this and the video game classic suit, and there are almost no differences. The colors are slightly different and the material used is slightly different. And then the eyes. But the design of both, webbing, lines that separate the blue and red, boots, gloves, everything is almost identical.

Are we talking about the same figure here? Nearly every aspect is different, I wouldn't call this "slightly" different at all. The materials literally aren't the same (red area is fabric on this). I really don't like how the cloth looks, very pajama like and lumpy in areas.

SPIDE.jpg

Literally in my check out cart on pop, but I'm not sure I want this for $488 shipped.. that is so much for such a stylized release.

Are we talking about the same figure here? Nearly every aspect is different, I wouldn't call this "slightly" different at all. The materials literally aren't the same (red area is fabric on this). I really don't like how the cloth looks, very pajama like and lumpy in areas.

View attachment 677484
I guess it's a matter of opinion. To me, your side by side pic shows exactly how similar they are. Like I said, the lines and design of the 2 suits are almost identical.

View attachment 677484
Eh he’s kinda ugly tbh

I will say I definitely will try to get this. But as others mention if I can't then at least the NWH Toby and Final suit Holland versions will be good enough for me. Though I seriously want this so I will try to get it.

View attachment 677484
The suit padding and colors are so much better in the Classic suit. You can see the muscles due to padding.

I do prefer the new versions eyes, since you can change the lenses out. But that suit bunching is bad .

Overall classic suit wins due to better looking body, better availability and price imo.

Yeah I'm conflicted. He looks a little wonky but also looks good in other shots. The body definitely does not do well in a museum pose. I really do dig the bigger eyes though.

So… with Wolverine’s price revealed as $160 what should this guy be? The mouth plates and eyes seem fairly com-probable, same with hands. Spider-Man has a more elaborate base and has the camera and goblin accessories. Feels like $180-$200 based on Wolverine so I’ll be curious just how much of a markup he’ll actually come in at. Makes you wonder if a $160 all cloth version is in the works now?

Back