Hot Toys 1/6 The Amazing Spiderman Comic version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THWIP! Swinging your way, the 1/6th scale Spider-Man Collectible Figure based on classic Marvel Comics is making its exclusive debut in Japan, Korea, Shanghai, and Hong Kong first. Fans in the United States please stay tuned to Sideshow announcement for this awesome figure. See you there! *Limited Quantity Available*

Of course the biggest name in comics classic suit is going to be limited. If the full specs and pics look good, and I see any waiting queue nonsense on Sideshow, it's an easy pass.

Hot Toys...they could f up a cup of coffee.

I like it, but yeah **** Hot Toys and their stupid ass limited releases.
I think the mini Green Goblin is a cool idea - not sure how it will end up in execution though.
Flight stand is a mess.

Absolutely gorgeous (if they have white eyes included) but agreed; F U Hot Toys. Make it a general release for goodness sake.

Last edited:
I’ll stick with my KO Spidey head on HT classic suit I got from kit.

Attachments

• IMG_8316.jpeg
    IMG_8316.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I'm so mad about it also. It goes to show HT doesn't give a **** about the fans. They want a **** storm and this why they are losing people and InArt is gaining popularity with time.
Pretty much why I hated the company since 09. Such dumb decisions. You could have put that crap iron man on exclusive and made more of these cause this is actually what people want .

Suit is a but dark for animated version.

Using some sort of pleather on the blue areas?

Agree let's are an eye sore.

I wonder if this is inspired by animated series rather than it being the animated series?

Pretty much why I hated the company since 09. Such dumb decisions. You could have put that crap iron man on exclusive and made more of these cause this is actually what people want .
Why I love 3rd party is their hold on terminator liscense. They have it, not producing a thing, and will not let another company have it.

Hmmm…this has the Animated Series logo. If it is the Animated branding, I may have to pivot from the Mondo Animated Spidey.
Well to be fair the comic logo did evolve.
Though they are using the most common comic logo as the branding.
Then in the actual diorama, using what is considered the Animated logo (debuted Nov. 1994), yet that logo actually debuted as the comic logo first (Sep. 1994), ( by adding Spidey squatting up top makes it the Animated logo)
I guess they want it both ways;
1First
86wgpc.gif

86wh2t.gif

86wf4a.gif

1994) on sale date September 13, 1994
86wfnb.gif

86wkiu.gif

86wmlx.gif

86wn4x.gif

2007 ( back to the classic:
86wnpx.gif

86weec.gif

They are apparently using both:

Standard comic logo and longest running: debuted March 11, 1969
86wey2.gif

90s comic logo debuted September 13, 1994
86woha.gif

And used in the cartoon First aired November 19, 1994
86wepe.gif

Last edited:
Holy crap! Must have! (Now bring on the Symbiote comic) While everyone is bitching about HT making it an exclusive (which i get) I just wanna THANK HT for finally doing something like this, didn't know if we would ever see this.

Last edited:
Wow, this one came out of left field. I'm not sure what HT is thinking but it's probably the right call to make this an exclusive. After the Classic Suit from the PS4 game, the NWH Tobey suit and the final NWH Holland suit there probably aren't that many people who will feel the need to add this one in their collections.

If they were smart they'd have partnered this with an Artisan edition Mary Jane Watson - the presale traffic would have definitely fried Sideshow's servers lol...

800730-8015new_storyimage2331189_full_copy.jpg

If you can switch in white eyes than this is awesome. If not, then booooo!

Love the little green goblin in the back and the base. I'd love for more mini villains to put in the background like that.

I’ll avoid this like I avoided the comic inspired marvel legends retro spider-man waves in 90’s animated packaging.

I don’t understand the mix of 90’s animated series and comics. Pick either comics or animated and stick with it.

I want full animated series. I’ll wait for Mondo.

I’ll avoid this like I avoided the comic inspired marvel legends retro spider-man waves in 90’s animated packaging.

I don’t understand the mix of 90’s animated series and comics. Pick either comics or animated and stick with it.

I want full animated series. I’ll wait for Mondo.
Mando is too expensive for what it is. Hot toys all the way

Back