Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the chances of HT doing Hoth Luke and Han to go along with this figure?

I'd love the chances to be high, but who knows with their choices. SDCC is 5 months away, I feel like we'll have a great idea of what their future plans are then since there's no movie to hype up anymore and Mandalorian already has 5 preorders out.

Hey guys anyone remember what caused the blue and pink dots on Hoth Leia? I sold mine and shipped it out and she showed up at the buyers home there was dots on her outfit? Was it water? Was there a cure?

8375FCED-1323-47A5-9BD3-E6ED5EBEE101.jpg205CD32A-922A-455D-80EA-DC71EB239DA1.jpgE0716D56-4C6C-49C3-8939-B1A2473E323A.jpg

Wait, did you have it on display (as per the top pic) and it was fine and free from dots, yet after re-boxing and posting the dots appeared?

Wait, did you have it on display (as per the top pic) and it was fine and free from dots, yet after re-boxing and posting the dots appeared?

Yes...I sold it and shipped it to another collector when he opened...all kinds of dots both pink and blue!

Yes...I sold it and shipped it to another collector when he opened...all kinds of dots both pink and blue!
I'd be very hesitant of trusting this. Sounds to me like a scam from someone who bought a polka dot figure and is trying to get you to accept their "return" in place of your good figure.

If you sold it and the dots weren’t there yet they suddenly somehow showed up while in transit and the buyer received a dotted figure, the seller is definitely attempting to scam you to get a clean replacement figure for their already dotted figure, and leave you with their dotted figure. If I recall correctly, it was widely and heavily speculated that the dotted figures some people were receiving when the figure first released was a result of HT not cleaning up the marks they made on the fabric to measure cuts.

I was going to say the same. They wouldn?t magically appear within a few days in transit. Guaranteed his was like this already.

So playing devils advocate for a moment. I opened my Leia when I got her to check for the pink/blue dot plague. After confirming she was disease free I put her back in the box where she has been in carbonite storage ever since. I've just pulled her back out to check she wasn't in an early symptom free infection state at the time of review that has since gone full walking dead. I am happy to report she is still disease free.

So in summary, sounds exactly like someone is trying to scam you here to swap their dodgy one for your clean one and leave you high and dry. It's people like this that leave me too scared to try and sell my old figures. These are to expensive to get scammed on. Dodgy buyers outnumber dodgy sellers by a large margin in my experience.

What can be done about it? If you sell through eBay they always take the buyers side. If you sell direct you still have to go through PayPal or some money site that has seller guarantees unless you insist on sending it as a gift. Seems like sellers always get the raw end of the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well when this sort of thing with the dots happens I'm glad eBay etc are on the buyers side.

Well when this sort of thing with the dots happens I'm glad eBay etc are on the buyers side.

I would absolutely agree with you in that from a buyers perspective because I?ve been on that end as well. But what about when the buyer is scamming you? What protections does the buyer have when things go wrong? In this situation you are left with one choice. Refund and return the item to be stuck with that has dots yours didn?t have in the first place. Seems a bit one sided to me. Not even the seller has the right to add a negative feedback on a buyer on eBay. You can make a comment but it does not negatively impact that buyer from doing it again. The only thing you can do is block that buyer from buying from you again but it does not help other sellers.

Actually this is the reason I was hesitant to buy Hoth Leia.

In fact I just put up my ANH Leia (and Ben) on eBay after selling DX Bespin Luke (again new) because I can?t seem to complete the line....there?s always some weird QC anomaly that makes me hesitate and then I wind up selling my new figures off because I can?t bring myself to buy more with potential issues.

So I?m just unloading them. I don?t even care to try and maximize profits, I just wanna wash my hands of some figures now

Luckily as a vader collector there hasn’t been any QC issue like this yet, although I fear the day the leather starts to flake off

I mean it sucks for the seller, but we've seen that the dots can be taken care of, so I wouldn't be like too pissed off. It's not like someone returning a KO ANH Leia for a real one.

Back