Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys!

TonTon, Nikon D5600 w/ 50mm macro. I’ve actually had it for several months but haven’t done too much work with it. But if I can get these kinds of results out of it on a consistent basis, I’ll be using it quite a bit more (that I can tell you, lol!).

Just re-bought this figure used and the boots have some weird orange markings. Not sure if it's glue dried up or what.

Anyone else have this?

070edaed4609ac01110c37c0e2f76276.jpg

676e79e461ea7b77972a5a61ade6faa1.jpg

Just re-bought this figure used and the boots have some weird orange markings. Not sure if it's glue dried up or what.

Anyone else have this?

That looks like drying glue--and that is not good...you should post this in the SW deterioration thread and ask there. Others may have similar experiences.

Most glues change color to some extent over time as well as when they cure, especially the gentler ones that won't melt/alter plastic when they polymerize. Looks to me like the glue had just seeped out when those boots were made and you just see that now, more than on ones with a cleaner glue line. I can see it in one, very small spot on mine, it's always had that slight hue since I got her though back at release. I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm gonna see what I can scrape off. Very odd, maybe was affected by heat at the previous owner's or in transit. Looks like some kind of insulation filler material.

I'm gonna see what I can scrape off. Very odd, maybe was affected by heat at the previous owner's or in transit. Looks like some kind of insulation filler material.
Maybe. Any polymer is subject to color change, glue included. The thing is you just usually don't see it since it's between things.

Anyone else have this?

I bought a new/sealed one a couple of months ago and I have the same thing, just not as much of it.

hoth1.jpg

Nevermind all of the excess putty under her boots, I have her on a top shelf...

I bought a new/sealed one a couple of months ago and I have the same thing, just not as much of it.

View attachment 511373

It might be the lighting, but those boots look lighter than the boots on my figure. Aren?t they supposed to be a darker gray?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It might be the lighting, but those boots look lighter than the boots on my figure. Aren?t they supposed to be a darker gray?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will go back and look at them later, though I had a lot of soft light hitting them from a studio light, so that is likely why they look lighter...

View attachment 511373

Thanks for that. Does look similar. I'm still thinking it must be the glue reacting somehow.

Replacement boots are likely impossible to find any more (and they could have the same issue), but I'll post if I have any luck cleaning it off. I boxed her back up for now as I don't have anywhere for my Empire figures at the moment. But happy to secure her again. Don't know what I was thinking selling her in the first place.

View attachment 511373

Will the putty seep into the figure and damage it?

I remember as a kid, I would use that putty tack to put posters on the wall.

After a few months, it would stain the poster and leave this oily residue.

Back