Hot Toys 1/6 Black Panther Erik Killmonger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad to see villains finally getting love from HT...but still wish they released Yellowjacket. That outfit was so cool!

Nicely dome sculpt by HT. Too bad it doesn’t look like Michael B Jordan ....

Good thing he looks good in his panther mask.

Nut Pizs sculpts are so much better. Not the right sculpt for the figure, but it’s the best Killmonger I’ve seen.

View attachment 436127

Sadly, for the artist, you already know this is getting recasted.

Not a fan of that 3rd party sculpt at all, the cheeks are too pudgy and that chin has so much going on.

Nut Pizs sculpts are so much better. Not the right sculpt for the figure, but it’s the best Killmonger I’ve seen.

View attachment 436127

Not perfect but this is definitely the better likeness

Anyone else seeing a bit of Micheal Jai white in this Hot toys head? and after seeing the custom again I have to change my mind, hot toys is better

Hot Toys tends to "beautify" or "generalise" actors features. Even just slightly, it's noticeable.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

View attachment 436127

This is far from excellent.

^ I agree. It really captures mbj.
Nutpizs is def mbj... Anywhere you look, it is mbj... Hot toys one sadly doesn't, at a certain angle it looks mbj but at some angle it doesn't...
But from a friend's experience buying from nutpizs, the good ones are only the first batch, then the next batch after that, the quality isn't as good...and I'm happy with the hottoys one and don't feel I need to spend more on a third party.
But that chin though...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

From a technical standpoint, Hot Toys is the better piece of work (as it should be). It's a wonderfully detailed sculpt and as already mentioned, the hair is really nicely done - great craftmaship. But for that instantly recognisable likeness, the 3rd party - despite it's obvious shortcomings (chin etc.) - captures MBJ better (at least to my old eyes it does). Take the HT sculpt away from the Kilmonger body and it's a real struggle to identify who it's supposed to be from some angles.

Back