Hot Toys 1/6 Black Panther Erik Killmonger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He could have fix it easy isn't it? I wonder why he thinks the chin is ok lol... It's very distracting.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I was really into that sculpt till I saw the chin now I probably won't even bother most likely just take the hot toys head and make up my own tactical look....the hot toys head isn't that far off I see mbj in it the more times I see it

I was being sarcastic in regard to the profits, but this does seem rather odd. I can't recall this occurring on a figure before. It's likely the rush to beat increased import tariffs may have played its part. Could be SSC were told EK would be in the group to be pulled ahead, then production issues caused a delay,

Happened with HT Deluxe Emperor. First supposed to release Q1 2019. Then moved up to Q3 2018 and then delayed again and there’s some preorders that still won’t get him until January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was really into that sculpt till I saw the chin now I probably won't even bother most likely just take the hot toys head and make up my own tactical look....the hot toys head isn't that far off I see mbj in it the more times I see it
I saw these comparisons quite a lot lately in my FB timeline so I add a MBJ pic at the bottom.
I was definitely like you, I was so tempted to get that custom, but now I'm more than happy with the hot toys ver. In fact I think it is the better sculpt.
4a9bd8d6916fa9f7dfbeec9e2bebe674.jpg

I think it's crazy this is even a point of contention. The HT sculpt is far superior in terms of paint app and likeness than the third party one, and that's quite evident in the comparison shot.

Looking forward to this, but glad it's delayed...looks like my wallet can take a breather.

I think it's crazy this is even a point of contention. The HT sculpt is far superior in terms of paint app and likeness than the third party one, and that's quite evident in the comparison shot.

Looking forward to this, but glad it's delayed...looks like my wallet can take a breather.

I realized that I don't know MBJ face that well until the comparison shots lol.

And agree... Can't wait for eric killmonger, and shuri... My last two PO I currently have at the moment.

Personally, I wouldn't display this guy with either of those sculpts...mask all the way.
To each their own, now I tend to get figures if the headsculpt is great, cos I only display my figures with the headsculpts.
The only figure I want to display with the mask on is iron spider.

To each their own, now I tend to get figures if the headsculpt is great, cos I only display my figures with the headsculpts.
The only figure I want to display with the mask on is iron spider.

I'm the complete opposite, most of the time i display my characters masked because I'm interested in the character, not the actor.

I'm the complete opposite, most of the time i display my characters masked because I'm interested in the character, not the actor.
^**this! While I like having a headsculpt of the actor I’m buying the figure itself because I like the character not the actor

Went ahead and ordered this last night. I like it a lot more than the BP figure which I have on order. They both should look good next to each other, plus I need more villains

I’m going to wait til release to see the finished product before I order. I don’t PO many figures anymore. I hope it’s close to the prototype.

I’m going to wait til release to see the finished product before I order. I don’t PO many figures anymore. I hope it’s close to the prototype.

If it's the same factory that handled Chadwick sculpt, don't count on it.

If it's the same factory that handled Chadwick sculpt, don't count on it.

The prototype is already bad and doesn’t have any likeness to Michael B Jordan so I don’t expect it to magically get better in production. Hot toys just can’t do African Americans right. Shuri looks good but we will see what that production sculpt really looks like. There’s no mask to hide behind there.

Did anyone here order a Killmonger sculpt from nut pizs? He hasn't read or responded to my message about shipping. Very shoddy communication from this guy.

The prototype is already bad and doesn’t have any likeness to Michael B Jordan so I don’t expect it to magically get better in production. Hot toys just can’t do African Americans right. Shuri looks good but we will see what that production sculpt really looks like. There’s no mask to hide behind there.

I kindly disagree. I think the proto headsculpt is pretty solid...but if they pull a bait and switch like they did with the Chadwick sculpt where it went from 4K quality to a downgraded SD, I will be pretty darn upset.

Back