Hot Toys 1/6 Black Panther Erik Killmonger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I?d leave the gold on the necklace and belt, hands, helmet and just color in the lines. We?ll see, I might get this in hand and just love it as is. Starting to look that way.

Just arrived. Looks pretty badass. Gonna pose him up and add to my display.

6A8F63C1-B15E-4734-A895-578454A213A6.jpg

Turned out to be my fav from the BP line... Glad I got him.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pictures really do not do this thing justice. In the pictures it does not look that great. In person it looks amazing. When I see the figure I see the two brief instances in the movie where he was fully powered up right before the final battle. It looks absolutely amazing in person. I do wish though the lines had more gold in them in the helmet as that doesn’t fully match.

While pictures never do HT figs any justice I am waiting for a shot showing off the head sculpt that will assure me that it's a viable way to display Killmonger over the helmeted version.

Headsculpt really doesn't fit well. I've been struggling to get it on and when I did it pops off easily. I bought him to complete the set but I'm not sure if I really want to keep him

Headsculpt really doesn't fit well. I've been struggling to get it on and when I did it pops off easily. I bought him to complete the set but I'm not sure if I really want to keep him
Maybe you got a defective one? I haven't read or seen of this issue yet.

Figure is AMAZING in hand. Beautiful all around and the MBJ headsculpt is one of Hot Toys best in recent years,they nailed it. Gotta see this figure in hand to fully appreciate it imo.

I am honestly glad we got the gold jaguar suit instead of the tactical suit. It's so much easier to customize one. Even if the hair might be different, but will prob be better than nothing. Not a fan of the third party headsculpts out there. I think hot toys is the best.
But honestly I'll most likely display my killmonger with the headsculpt.

Just a word of warning to anyone getting this, that unmasked head easily damages the raised gold lines on
the back of the neck. It crushed and ripped all the tops of the gold lining with just one change-out.

There is no fix to this, other than dremmeling the bottom back part of the headsculpt.

Hot Toys did not fix the shape of the back of the unmasked head to accommodate the neck, so there is ZERO
up and down movement of the headsculpt on that neck peg -- just left to right, and even then it
smashes the gold lines. Bad design flaw on an otherwise stellar figure.

Funny thing is, they made the bottom of the helmeted head larger to pivot back and forth to not damage the costume
and even have a little up and down range.

Just got mine this afternoon. Overall it's a great-looking figure in person and the unmasked sculpt is 100x better than what they initially showed last year. I'll be displaying mine with the Golden Jaguar helmet for the time being though, as I can't seem to fit the unmasked head all the way down on the ball joint (although after reading Dino_Ranger_White's warning about the head destroying the gold lines on the suit, I'm partly glad about it). Basically my only major gripe is that the backdrop included is useless junk. This guy will be proudly displayed front-and-center with my other MCU villains.

Pics below.

OXEyod9.png

t5mZ6CN.png

JZNoCPc.png

kOrenmI.png

uTvEBMw.png

Back