1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CW for me. It’s far from perfect, but it looks decent. It’s also my favorite suit. I like stealth also, but CW to me seems like a nice medium between his final four suits.

I ended up liking 2012 Cap more than I thought I would, so he is my top pic... second would definitely be Civil War Cap and then Endgame.

Nice picks! I'd think my fav Cap figure atm would be the EG final battle followed closely by AoU.

I think HT is long overdue for a Strike suit 2.0. I'm surprised they didn't do it with Endgame. Also surprised we didn't get a WS 2.0 from the TV show.

I wonder if HT is planning something. There's a lot of money left on the table still.

Oh man, I'd be all in for 2.0's of SS and TFA suits :thud:

5A87782C-8DA4-4BA4-BF7B-2F7C6303E6DC.jpeg

You certainly didn't hold back on the stock head :lol

But wow that was the first time I'd seen anyone hold that head next to the Tony Stark head and, as I suspected, the size difference is pretty ridiculous. Big fail from Hot Toys there. I can maybe tolerate an off likeness but if you can't even scale the damn head correctly -either with its own body or with the heads of the companion figures - wtf.

The Unreal head lives up his chosen moniker. Likeness is top and it fixes the scale issue. Bummer that you have to hodgepodge it on with blutack though.

Last edited:
Man, you're really selling me on the sculpt and the figure. The likeness was the only thing that I wasn't a huge fan of on this version, but it looks great with the Unreal sculpt.

Really love the look of the Unreal sculpts, but simply cannot justify that price. For me it would translate to $400 CAD, and that's just a bit ridiculous, especially with the more simplistic paint apps.

If only HT would give their version the Tony Stank treatment, and offer a replacement. Cap deserves better.

Last edited:
I didn’t have a hiatus from collecting. I just didn’t buy a HT figure b/c nothing interested me. So it’s not like “oh I haven’t seen a HT figure in a while so this looks amazing to me.” Quite the contrary. I was bored with new HT offerings. And you can even catch me in this thread way back saying how unsatisfied I was by the in-hand pics. However, I ended up taking a chance on this anyway recently with the help of a giftcard and some points and I’m quite glad I did. I liked it so much that I’ve been buying other Marvel characters that I’ve passed on. My point was I wasn’t buying HT as I don’t think everything they put out is amazing, therefore I’m not a HT fanboy. I’m not over here like say Justin’s Collection who obviously is a HT fanboy and thinks/says every new release is the best thing ever. But, I think this looks really good. I look at it on my shelf and see Chris Evans Cap and quite honestly, that’s all that matters. But, I don’t see why just b/c it looks good to me (or anyone who likes it as is) makes me a HT fanboy :dunno:

With that said, I’m a customizer myself so I’ve been on the other side of the coin as well. And for transparency, before I got this figure, I did buy a custom unmasked Evan’s sculpt in the event I did ever get a Cap figure again, which I do think is a little better likeness than the HT unmasked. But, in hand, there isn’t enough of a difference to me to go through the trouble of painting it myself or even sending it off to get painted. To me, no matter how good a custom sculpt is (and there are a lot of them of various characters that are arguably better than HT), it makes no difference if you can’t paint it/get it painted as good or better than HT production paint. Those Unreal sculpts pretty much make my point as well. They are nice, but they lack detail in the skin textures in the sculpt and paint, though his fantastic photography sort of masks that. I’m not knocking Unreal as I own many of his capes and thinks his a fantastic artist who is great at capturing likenesses on all his sculpts but that extra finesse and detail is still lacking in them IMO.

And as another example, I finally spent crazy money on getting custom Indiana Jones gear this past year b/c I was unhappy with my DX05. Though, there are obviously ppl who are happy with it as is seeing how much it goes for on the secondary market. Same with TDK Joker. Many ppl think the DX11 is perfect, for others it’s quite clearly not. So I understand it from both sides. I just think calling ppl who are satisfied with stuff as is “fanboys” is a bit extreme as we all have varying degrees of what’s good enough for each individual character we collect.
You're wrong about the skin texture of Unreal's cap head. The pic your referencing is also painted by unreal and he is relatively new to painting. There have been higher level painters that have painted it and their paint quality is significantly better than Hot toys production pieces.

Unreal work is excellent and I would to use that headsculpt but idk about paying that much, it's not for me but I do appreciate the work by these artists

You're wrong about the skin texture of Unreal's cap head. The pic your referencing is also painted by unreal and he is relatively new to painting. There have been higher level painters that have painted it and their paint quality is significantly better than Hot toys production pieces.
I know and I’ve seen some. But skin texture can be applied with paint apps. I’ve done it myself and that looks to be what other painters have done as well. The raw sculpt, without paint, looks pretty smooth to me. I know he’s still pretty new to painting. Again, I’m not saying anything bad about Unreal nor did I say the sculpt was bad. I even mentioned that he captures likeness really well. But they still lack that extra bit of detail and finesse that would push them over the edge. That’s constructive criticism, not me hating on it. I’m sure he will continue to grow as a sculptor and painter. I know he’s talented and have bought quite a few things from him well before he started sculpting.

Just b/c I have differing opinions on the sculpt doesn’t make me a hater. I still appreciate his work, talent and artistry.

Last edited:
I know and I’ve seen some. But skin texture can be applied with paint apps. I’ve done it myself and that looks to be what other painters have done as well. The raw sculpt, without paint, looks pretty smooth to me. I know he’s still pretty new to painting. Again, I’m not saying anything bad about Unreal nor did I say the sculpt was bad. I even mentioned that he captures likeness really well. But they still lack that extra bit of detail and finesse that would push them over the edge. That’s constructive criticism, not me hating on it. I’m sure he will continue to grow as a sculptor and painter. I know he’s talented and have bought quite a few things from him well before he started sculpting.

Just b/c I have differing opinions on the sculpt doesn’t make me a hater. I still appreciate his work, talent and artistry.
Yup totally get you. Not saying your a hater just that the things you pointed out as examples of what they are lacking, are incorrect. Those things are there. You just might not be seeing high res photos.

Aside from the headsculpt the part of this figure that is really lacking is the chest plate. It is just so outrageously wrong. I'm trying to get a custom project going to make a better one but I need to find someone who has the figure, can 3d sculpt, and has a printer lol

Aside from the headsculpt the part of this figure that is really lacking is the chest plate. It is just so outrageously wrong. I'm trying to get a custom project going to make a better one but I need to find someone who has the figure, can 3d sculpt, and has a printer lol
I definitely agree on the chest plate. While I don't mind it, I also wouldn't mind one with the fabric elements like the real deal rather than the completely hard plastic that HT went with
I really like him too. That's the last hot toys I have gotten but I have picked up Snakes Eyes and Camoflage Storm Shadow.
All great figures to have IMO :rock

Hey can someone tell me, does sideshow cap have a shorter collar. Saw more images and it seems a bit shorter then the HK release figure which is the one I have.

Hey can someone tell me, does sideshow cap have a shorter collar. Saw more images and it seems a bit shorter then the HK release figure which is the one I have.
i think all of sideshows have come with the taller collar, only have seen the short collar from batches from Indonesia, Taiwan, and I think a few other eastern countries

i think all of sideshows have come with the taller collar, only have seen the short collar from batches from Indonesia, Taiwan, and I think a few other eastern countries
Saw a post on Insta of the figure from sideshow the collar looks much shorter and tapered then the one I have. But idk what it is maybe I'm just imagining.

Saw a post on Insta of the figure from sideshow the collar looks much shorter and tapered then the one I have. But idk what it is maybe I'm just imagining.
You sure you weren’t looking at pics of the D23 Cap? That one does have a much shorter collar. Maybe the poster thought it was from sideshow or just used a sideshow hashtag?

Back