1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After months of saying I didn't need this figure, I ended up ordering it from Sideshow yesterday (the $22 coupon plus unexpected rewards from last week helped). I thought I'd be happy with a makeshift EG figure using IW Cap, but enough small things about it have been nagging at me that I want to do a full comparison with the proper EG release (which I should have done from the start, if only to save on the cost of the parted out accessories).

My EG Cap arrived from Sideshow earlier in the week, and I finally had a chance to unbox it today. First reaction- this is an amazing Cap release. I've got four Caps out right now (TFA, Stealth, IW, and EG... at least one is getting sold), and EG is easily the most well-made figure of the bunch. I was kinda hoping to not like it, but I think it's a keeper (and a nice bookend to TFA Cap).

Pictures don't do it justice- there's a nice weathered look to the figure, and the skin tone is not as pale in person. The helmeted head sculpt is definitely smaller than the ones from previous releases (it's closest in size to the TFA Cap head) and looks a bit small on the body; but the helmeted Stealth head looks slightly too big (I'm starting to think it was always oversized), so neither is quite perfect. I do like having a helmeted head with neck articulation again, so that's a win for the stock head. And the new Steve Rogers head puts the previous ones to shame (as expected).

I'll see if I can take some pictures tomorrow, but EG Cap with Mjolnir and the broken shield looks better than IW Cap does (I think the IW suit is just too dark). And I couldn't leave the unhelmeted head in the box, so I put it on Stealth Cap (replacing the CW Steve Rogers head), so now I technically have two EG Caps. :lol

After a delay in shipping from UPS, I'm finally getting my Cap today (package is out for delivery per UPS email)!

:yess: :woo

Awesome! I hope you're happy with EG CA!!

My EG Cap arrived from Sideshow earlier in the week, and I finally had a chance to unbox it today. First reaction- this is an amazing Cap release. I've got four Caps out right now (TFA, Stealth, IW, and EG... at least one is getting sold), and EG is easily the most well-made figure of the bunch. I was kinda hoping to not like it, but I think it's a keeper (and a nice bookend to TFA Cap).

Pictures don't do it justice- there's a nice weathered look to the figure, and the skin tone is not as pale in person. The helmeted head sculpt is definitely smaller than the ones from previous releases (it's closest in size to the TFA Cap head) and looks a bit small on the body; but the helmeted Stealth head looks slightly too big (I'm starting to think it was always oversized), so neither is quite perfect. I do like having a helmeted head with neck articulation again, so that's a win for the stock head. And the new Steve Rogers head puts the previous ones to shame (as expected).

I'll see if I can take some pictures tomorrow, but EG Cap with Mjolnir and the broken shield looks better than IW Cap does (I think the IW suit is just too dark). And I couldn't leave the unhelmeted head in the box, so I put it on Stealth Cap (replacing the CW Steve Rogers head), so now I technically have two EG Caps. :lol

Much agreed! No shame in swimming in a sea of Caps :monkey3

The head sculp of the Steve Rogers is usefull for the version Capitan America Concept Art?

Sideshow had the figure for 20% off and I also dumped some points into it. Looks great on display but I'm 100% gonna grab Unreal's custom sculpt. Hot Toys version just looks so odd compared to his.

The figure is also sporting the more accurate scaled Mjolnir done by guillaume customs. Mainly just got this figure so that he can be paired with Mark 85 BD version.

51931420984_8cf650b91a_k_d.jpg

I'm getting that head too.

The HT head is absolute trash. Personally I think it's a test to tell whether you're a HT fanboy or not because it's totally undersized and there's not even a likeness there. I was very disappointed. Attach files

I'm getting that head too.

The HT head is absolute trash. Personally I think it's a test to tell whether you're a HT fanboy or not because it's totally undersized and there's not even a likeness there. I was very disappointed. Attach files

Although I do see the likeness in the new helmeted sculpt, IMHO it was undersized enough that it bugged me. That said, I am really happy with my figure now that I replaced the stock sculpt with a repainted Strike Suit head.

Sooooo b/c we all have our own eyes, see things differently, and don’t all agree that it looks like trash, it makes you a fan boy?
This is the first HT figure I’ve bought in a little over a year and for I’m quite satisfied with how it looks :dunno I guess that makes me a fanboy to be happy with my purchase though :rolleyes2
People can be happy with flawed work. It’s not a new thing. There can be other factorYou said yourself part of your satisfaction is from receiving a purchase after a long hiatus.

This is Endgame Captain America, Chris Evans’ presumably final appearance in the biggest MCU movie so far and HT gave you Captain Pinhead Generic Face. If this was my first figure in a while I might overlook it but that doesn’t make it a good sculpt. Unmasked head is good though.

To add to the disappointment, as Omega pointed out, the Strike suit helmet was a great likeness. Ever since they introduced the interchangeable mouth sculpts the likeness has suffered and this figure is somehow the biggest offender. Can’t believe they shipped it like this honestly for such a significant figure.

But hey, it’s just my opinion. I’m glad you enjoy your figure. I wish I did. Could’ve saved myself a lot of money by not buying a new headsculpt.
New headsculpt is miles ahead of the stock. I’m sure you’d agree.

Attachments

• 41A59467-652E-436F-8A7E-B921E889D86C.jpeg
    41A59467-652E-436F-8A7E-B921E889D86C.jpeg
    533.4 KB · Views: 98
Just for fun. I had a hard time finding a straight up picture of the endgame head. Anyway, I know which one of these ranks last:

Attachments

• FD5F47AC-033C-4C59-B23B-393F473BBCAE.jpeg
    FD5F47AC-033C-4C59-B23B-393F473BBCAE.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 137
I didn’t have a hiatus from collecting. I just didn’t buy a HT figure b/c nothing interested me. So it’s not like “oh I haven’t seen a HT figure in a while so this looks amazing to me.” Quite the contrary. I was bored with new HT offerings. And you can even catch me in this thread way back saying how unsatisfied I was by the in-hand pics. However, I ended up taking a chance on this anyway recently with the help of a giftcard and some points and I’m quite glad I did. I liked it so much that I’ve been buying other Marvel characters that I’ve passed on. My point was I wasn’t buying HT as I don’t think everything they put out is amazing, therefore I’m not a HT fanboy. I’m not over here like say Justin’s Collection who obviously is a HT fanboy and thinks/says every new release is the best thing ever. But, I think this looks really good. I look at it on my shelf and see Chris Evans Cap and quite honestly, that’s all that matters. But, I don’t see why just b/c it looks good to me (or anyone who likes it as is) makes me a HT fanboy :dunno:

With that said, I’m a customizer myself so I’ve been on the other side of the coin as well. And for transparency, before I got this figure, I did buy a custom unmasked Evan’s sculpt in the event I did ever get a Cap figure again, which I do think is a little better likeness than the HT unmasked. But, in hand, there isn’t enough of a difference to me to go through the trouble of painting it myself or even sending it off to get painted. To me, no matter how good a custom sculpt is (and there are a lot of them of various characters that are arguably better than HT), it makes no difference if you can’t paint it/get it painted as good or better than HT production paint. Those Unreal sculpts pretty much make my point as well. They are nice, but they lack detail in the skin textures in the sculpt and paint, though his fantastic photography sort of masks that. I’m not knocking Unreal as I own many of his capes and thinks his a fantastic artist who is great at capturing likenesses on all his sculpts but that extra finesse and detail is still lacking in them IMO.

And as another example, I finally spent crazy money on getting custom Indiana Jones gear this past year b/c I was unhappy with my DX05. Though, there are obviously ppl who are happy with it as is seeing how much it goes for on the secondary market. Same with TDK Joker. Many ppl think the DX11 is perfect, for others it’s quite clearly not. So I understand it from both sides. I just think calling ppl who are satisfied with stuff as is “fanboys” is a bit extreme as we all have varying degrees of what’s good enough for each individual character we collect.

Last edited:
People can be happy with flawed work. It’s not a new thing. There can be other factorYou said yourself part of your satisfaction is from receiving a purchase after a long hiatus.

This is Endgame Captain America, Chris Evans’ presumably final appearance in the biggest MCU movie so far and HT gave you Captain Pinhead Generic Face. If this was my first figure in a while I might overlook it but that doesn’t make it a good sculpt. Unmasked head is good though.

To add to the disappointment, as Omega pointed out, the Strike suit helmet was a great likeness. Ever since they introduced the interchangeable mouth sculpts the likeness has suffered and this figure is somehow the biggest offender. Can’t believe they shipped it like this honestly for such a significant figure.

But hey, it’s just my opinion. I’m glad you enjoy your figure. I wish I did. Could’ve saved myself a lot of money by not buying a new headsculpt.
New headsculpt is miles ahead of the stock. I’m sure you’d agree.

That headsculpt looks amazing!!!

How does one get that headsculpt? I see they have an IG and FB page, but no site? Are all orders by PM only? If so, how much do they cost?

How does one get that headsculpt? I see they have an IG and FB page, but no site? Are all orders by PM only? If so, how much do they cost?
Yeah, PM them on Instagram. At least that's how I did it. Mine is shipping today. It's not cheap. Embarrassingly expensive to be honest but that's how much I hate this Endgame sculpt lol and I think this figure should look its best or there is no point in even having it.

Yeah, PM them on Instagram. At least that's how I did it. Mine is shipping today. It's not cheap. Embarrassingly expensive to be honest but that's how much I hate this Endgame sculpt lol and I think this figure should look its best or there is no point in even having it.
What is "embarrassingly expensive"?

Back