1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No matter how much the stock sculpt would bother me, no way in hell I would pay $400 for a freaking headsculpt. These customizers are just taking advantage of people.

There is nothing even special about it, not like it has rooted hair, made of silicon, etc. While I get that it is "custom art" there is a line there as far as what something like this is worth.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
It’s painted. It’s about $100 more than I would’ve liked to pay but the likeness is insane.

It looks fantastic!

If this was available before I acquired then painted the Strike Suit head I would have considered it. I spent quite a bit of time and effort painting that headsculpt because it was my first time attempting that sort of thing. So if I take into account my time and aggravation, 400 doesn’t seem terrible.

That said I can see why some would not be willing to pay that much or anything for an alternate sculpt for that figure. A lot of people are fine with the stock sculpt while others will find the custom sculpt too expensive. I guess it all comes down to the subjectivity of “value”

But I have to say that ultimately I’m sort of glad I did the mod because I learned a lot about doing stuff like that, gained confidence, and had a pretty good outcome …but again if this were available a few months ago I would have STRONGLY considered it.

Please be sure to share some pics when your custom sculpt arrives, I think it’s going to look really good!

Last edited:
Just for fun. I had a hard time finding a straight up picture of the endgame head. Anyway, I know which one of these ranks last:
wEisxot.jpg

Thanks but I meant the figure's straight up head. Could probably screencap something but I'll do a video review when I get the head.

It looks fantastic!

If this was available before I acquired then painted the Strike Suit head I would have considered it. I spent quite a bit of time and effort painting that headsculpt because it was my first time attempting that sort of thing. So if I take into account my time and aggravation, 400 doesn’t seem terrible.

That said I can see why some would not be willing to pay that much or anything for an alternate sculpt for that figure. A lot of people are fine with the stock sculpt while others will find the custom sculpt too expensive. I guess it all comes down to the subjectivity of “value”

But I have to say that ultimately I’m sort of glad I did the mod because I learned a lot about doing stuff like that, gained confidence, and had a pretty good outcome …but again if this were available a few months ago I would have STRONGLY considered it.

Please be sure to share some pics when your custom sculpt arrives, I think it’s going to look really good!
Yeah I was totally about to do it when I decided to jump on the order for the new head.

I did end up doing my first custom BD FFH Spider-Man and I totally know what you mean about gaining confidence. It's so much fun even though I had to buy some supplies first.

Later on I painted my own "Instant kill" eyes for the Iron Spider figure.

Yeah I was totally about to do it when I decided to jump on the order for the new head.

I did end up doing my first custom BD FFH Spider-Man and I totally know what you mean about gaining confidence. It's so much fun even though I had to buy some supplies first.

Later on I painted my own "Instant kill" eyes for the Iron Spider figure.

Yeah doing your own mods can be really satisfying no doubt.

That sounds like a sweet mod on the Iron Spider, when you get a chance share a few pics, would love to see it

Last edited:
No matter how much the stock sculpt would bother me, no way in hell I would pay $400 for a freaking headsculpt. These customizers are just taking advantage of people.

There is nothing even special about it, not like it has rooted hair, made of silicon, etc. While I get that it is "custom art" there is a line there as far as what something like this is worth.

Absolutely ridiculous.

They are not taking advantage of ANYONE. No one is forcing anybody to spend $400 on a doll head.

It is bad enough that we spend thousands on these things, but another one is to buy a $400 gd doll head.

Straight up insanity. We deserve another plague. You can not make this **** up.

gross really.

Question for everyone - Now that the EG final battle and 2012 2.0 are out (and presumably the final appearances of Steve Rogers CA), what would be your favorite Captain America figure be? Lots of good choices surely, there's AOU, CW, this EG scale-mail.

I'm hard pressed, as most are solid figures.

CW for me. It’s far from perfect, but it looks decent. It’s also my favorite suit. I like stealth also, but CW to me seems like a nice medium between his final four suits.

They are not taking advantage of ANYONE. No one is forcing anybody to spend $400 on a doll head.

It is bad enough that we spend thousands on these things, but another one is to buy a $400 gd doll head.

Straight up insanity. We deserve another plague. You can not make this **** up.

gross really.
We deserve another plague? People have been paying high prices for custom work since before this hobby began.

Last edited:
Question for everyone - Now that the EG final battle and 2012 2.0 are out (and presumably the final appearances of Steve Rogers CA), what would be your favorite Captain America figure be? Lots of good choices surely, there's AOU, CW, this EG scale-mail.

I'm hard pressed, as most are solid figures.
I ended up liking 2012 Cap more than I thought I would, so he is my top pic... second would definitely be Civil War Cap and then Endgame.

I think HT is long overdue for a Strike suit 2.0. I'm surprised they didn't do it with Endgame. Also surprised we didn't get a WS 2.0 from the TV show.

I wonder if HT is planning something. There's a lot of money left on the table still.

Yeah doing your own mods can be really satisfying no doubt.

That sounds like a sweet mod on the Iron Spider, when you get a chance share a few pics, would love to see it
Here’s a few. There’s also my cap head without the paint job

Attachments

• C54D4E4B-0D29-4713-9174-F9842D862B0F.jpeg
    C54D4E4B-0D29-4713-9174-F9842D862B0F.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 94
  • AA1880A3-CA42-47BD-9E13-E8302494EE03.jpeg
    AA1880A3-CA42-47BD-9E13-E8302494EE03.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 94
  • 7289D68C-8E5C-4AFD-950C-7E18DA004ADF.jpeg
    7289D68C-8E5C-4AFD-950C-7E18DA004ADF.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 94
Back