1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sure you weren’t looking at pics of the D23 Cap? That one does have a much shorter collar. Maybe the poster thought it was from sideshow or just used a sideshow hashtag?
No it was the Endgame figure. As I can tell the difference between the D23 version he also had the SR sculpt on it.

Gotcha. Are you thinking of getting a another one or were you just curious if this was a thing that Sideshow’s had shorter collars?
Just curious thought it was funny because I remember when they had a very weird QC issue with the collar sticking out at the back.

How hard was it to get a hold of them @ Unreal? I’ve PM’d on Instagram and FB and haven’t heard anything back yet. Honestly I knew *something* was “off” about the helmeted sculpt but couldn’t place it til I saw your video…now, I’ve swapped the unmasked head on because it irks my ocd that much now with the head being too small lol I’d love to add one of these Unreal sculpts. Does it otherwise come with a hole to fit onto a neck without the need for blue tac if you wanted to do that instead?? Or does it not have provision for a neck at all?

How hard was it to get a hold of them @ Unreal? I’ve PM’d on Instagram and FB and haven’t heard anything back yet. Honestly I knew *something* was “off” about the helmeted sculpt but couldn’t place it til I saw your video…now, I’ve swapped the unmasked head on because it irks my ocd that much now with the head being too small lol I’d love to add one of these Unreal sculpts. Does it otherwise come with a hole to fit onto a neck without the need for blue tac if you wanted to do that instead?? Or does it not have provision for a neck at all?
It wasn't hard at all. I used Instagram. He typically responds in a few hours. I actually ordered a second hand with a different expression a few weeks ago. Didn't have any issues getting back into contact with him.

It wasn't hard at all. I used Instagram. He typically responds in a few hours. I actually ordered a second hand with a different expression a few weeks ago. Didn't have any issues getting back into contact with him.

This is the profile, right?? I PM’d on the 11th and never got a response. Maybe I’ll try again.

Attachments

• 98B2ACF9-C4CE-4C94-B772-2C9EA4D76793.png
    98B2ACF9-C4CE-4C94-B772-2C9EA4D76793.png
    367.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You’re not the only one who’s had trouble getting a response from him. I was told my customs capes would take 3-6 weeks, that time frame passed and at the 12th week I contacted him and magically he shipped them out the next day. I consider myself lucky as I’m hearing more and more often that folks are not getting their stuff from him nor getting any replies from him when they reach out. Paypal has a 6month window I believe, so if you don’t hear anything soon, I would just open a PayPal claim if you paid as goods and services. You’ll either get your money back if he doesn’t respond to the claim or you’ll magically get your item shipped.

This is the profile, right?? I PM’d on the 11th and never got a response. Maybe I’ll try again.
Yup that's him

Well I messaged him again on IG, hopefully he responds…

But as a stop gap I picked up a Concept Cap head to see if I can commission someone to do some custom paintwork to go from the black mask to the proper hue of blue.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Attachments

• E3F18520-825A-4466-87A7-BC0F9B95AEFA.jpeg
    E3F18520-825A-4466-87A7-BC0F9B95AEFA.jpeg
    598.9 KB · Views: 0
So, not gonna lie, I was content with this figure as-is until reading this thread and seeing how small the head is, even compared to its own unmasked head…

So, before I went down the custom sculpt route through Unreal (which I am tempted to still do) I went another route…which I’m sure I’m not the first, but I’ll at least share -

I bought a Civil War head & neck sculpt (non battle version so it has the dark brown chin strap, but also the swappable chin plates) and then, to combat the neck height, I picked up a Concept Cap head & neck sculpt as the neck comes with a built in extension. I swapped the extension into the Civil War neck and installed and man, imo, THIS is how Hot Toys should have released this. Imo, the head now sits high enough to get range of motion without contacting the collar. For clarification, this figure is the tall-collar version. You can see via the attached pics how it came out & comparatively, just how much smaller the masked Endgame sculpt is.

Attachments

• 21874BC3-AFA8-4F91-8E69-7060CEE86694.jpeg
    21874BC3-AFA8-4F91-8E69-7060CEE86694.jpeg
    356.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 0876CD0D-412C-465E-8003-410408BF884E.jpeg
    0876CD0D-412C-465E-8003-410408BF884E.jpeg
    342.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 21BE382D-F1F1-409C-9362-2013BF1A0A7D.jpeg
    21BE382D-F1F1-409C-9362-2013BF1A0A7D.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 0
  • F486291A-742A-432B-BF0E-4B408A76052F.jpeg
    F486291A-742A-432B-BF0E-4B408A76052F.jpeg
    329.3 KB · Views: 0
  • EDC8C991-E426-46E9-8475-4FB7B393E749.jpeg
    EDC8C991-E426-46E9-8475-4FB7B393E749.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 0
  • D6C9861B-6A4D-4D09-9D2E-D0D1FF620356.jpeg
    D6C9861B-6A4D-4D09-9D2E-D0D1FF620356.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 0
  • A224094F-B1EA-4325-9262-E20D1D49B40C.jpeg
    A224094F-B1EA-4325-9262-E20D1D49B40C.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 64B0E98D-274C-49AD-AD4F-AAA4FEC56F09.jpeg
    64B0E98D-274C-49AD-AD4F-AAA4FEC56F09.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 122A3DFA-1B6D-4312-92A6-C50462DCAE84.jpeg
    122A3DFA-1B6D-4312-92A6-C50462DCAE84.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
100x better. I’m gonna have to hunt down one of those Civil War heads

It really is though, like, I can’t believe how off the other head is now that I’m paying attention lol

And to be fair, to some, it may be perfectly fine still, and that’s totally cool.

But to me, this head swap is a must. Nice part is the blue hue on the Civil War head matches perfectly too 👌🏻

I was saying it the whole time. I actually had some people tell me that they couldn't tell the difference between the unreal sculpt and the HT sculpt. The HT sculpt is an abomination.

My only issue with the CW head is that the interchangeable expressions cause the mouth area to look a little longer so it hurts the likeness imo but it's not that big of a deal.

Having said that, I ordered a second Unreal sculpt. I have no regrets.

I was saying it the whole time. I actually had some people tell me that they couldn't tell the difference between the unreal sculpt and the HT sculpt. The HT sculpt is an abomination.

My only issue with the CW head is that the interchangeable expressions cause the mouth area to look a little longer so it hurts the likeness imo but it's not that big of a deal.

Yeah the stock helmeted head that came with this version caught my eye as too small and it just bugged me too much, even though I do think the likeness is good I personally could not get past the size.

Which is why I repainted a Strike Suit helmeted head and haven’t looked back. I did consider using the helmeted head from my Civil War figure but I also think the face looks a little too long, that said at least the overall size is more compatible and the color works pretty well with the Endgame outfit.

Man, it honestly wasn’t until I saw your video that it finally made sense what it was that I always felt was just “off” about the *definitive* Cap. And that head was it.

Once you see it compared, it is terrible. It lacks depth and detail and honestly feels like a step backwards. Now the Endgame unmasked head??? I absolutely love it.

Now you’re not wrong with the slightly longer mouth area, that’s noticed that comparing my Strike Suit head, but for a cost vs gains at that point, I figured why not lol 😂 I love how it came out vs the stock head.

Now with that said, the Unreal heads painted up are definitely the best option that exists in regards to accuracy and realism. To me there’s no debate on that. But as far as HT offerings go, I can’t understand why if HT decided to move away from their tried and true head, why it was a step backwards. Crazy!

Yeah the stock helmeted head that came with this version caught my eye as too small and it just bugged me too much, even though I do think the likeness is good I personally could not get past the size.

Which is why I repainted a Strike Suit helmeted head and haven’t looked back. I did consider using the helmeted head from my Civil War figure but I also think the face looks a little too long, that said at least the overall size is more compatible and the color works pretty well with the Endgame outfit.
Yup, once I saw that the color hues matched, I said screw it lol I just couldn’t not see the small head at that point haha

Wow! I’ve been on a Marvel kick this week and was about to pick one of these up from Sideshow but thought I would jump into this thread first…glad I did…those pictures of the side by side comparison showing how tiny this figure’s head is are shocking and tragic.
This figure is a fail…glad I dodged that bullet.

Back