1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I’ve been on a Marvel kick this week and was about to pick one of these up from Sideshow but thought I would jump into this thread first…glad I did…those pictures of the side by side comparison showing how tiny this figure’s head is are shocking and tragic.
This figure is a fail…glad I dodged that bullet.
I really wouldn't go that far...

IMG_20220628_203528403.jpg

*Edit: sorry for the crappy smartphone pic by the way. I tried to avoid lens distortion and took this pic in a distance with zoom...

Last edited:
Wow! I’ve been on a Marvel kick this week and was about to pick one of these up from Sideshow but thought I would jump into this thread first…glad I did…those pictures of the side by side comparison showing how tiny this figure’s head is are shocking and tragic.
This figure is a fail…glad I dodged that bullet.
Sure the stock head is small but overall I would say this is far from a fail.

Although I think I from someone angles you don’t notice the small head it is hard to ignore once you notice the size. But after adding the strike suit head (and repainting part of the helmet) and adding some bulk to his traps I think this Captain America is one of my favorite in my collection …just get another head.

Of course if you don’t like the material the outfit is made of then that is a more significant issue.

The head still doesn't bother me on this. I have other Caps in my collection now and I still like the headsculpt on this one the best.

BUT what I have noticed that I can't not notice now are the large shoulder pads which are much larger and thicker than any of the previous ones with similar suit design (CW and IW, maybe AoU but I don't have that one) and they shouldn't be. Plus the fact that they're basically floating only attached on the underside in like 1 or 2 places, instead of being sewn into the costume along the edges like the others and the real suit. I'm trying to figure out a way to rework the ones he comes with, but if not, I will either try to make some custom ones or just part out this figure and keep what I want to bash with Battling CW Cap. I'd have to trim down the perimeter of the pads then sew them on but I don't have a sewing machine and doing that by hand would be a real PITA. Getting the suit off is also a chore and I don't know if I want to do that again :lol

The head still doesn't bother me on this. I have other Caps in my collection now and I still like the headsculpt on this one the best.
Yeah, it should definitely be bigger but honestly the head (in terms of sculpt and paint alone) is probably my favorite out of all of the helmeted Caps so far.

Yeah, it should definitely be bigger but honestly the head (in terms of sculpt and paint alone) is probably my favorite out of all of the helmeted Caps so far.
Yeah I like the like the likeness and paint on this sculpt, my issue was just the size of the stock helmeted sculpt.

I have seen some great custom sculpts and modifications for this figure, but if the stock head had been bigger I would have just went with that and not done a mod.

So I loved this guy right out of the box!

However, I did do a headsculpt swap and was happy with that.

Today I modified his body in the way Skyler documented a while back. I also modified the shoulders a bit.

Here are a few pics of the modified Endgame Cap along with a couple comparisons with Civil War Cap. As I said before I think CW Cap is great but I think the Endgame version is better in just about every way, except maybe his colors could be a little brighter.
Hello Omega9300.
Can you show me your Endgame cap with the Civil War helmeted HS on?
It will be very friendly because i m thinking to swap my Endgame HS with the CW.
Thanks

Hello Omega9300.
It will be very friendly because i m thinking to swap my Endgame HS with the CW.
Thanks
Hey jonathan, I had more pics of him on my phone but dumped most of them recently. I’m not sure if I still have pics of the endgame body with the Civil War head. Most of the pics I took are of a modified Endgame Body with a painted Stike Suit head.

Hello Omega9300.
Thanks
Sorry I only had a few of these left. Unfortunately I only still have pics of the Endgame body with Strike Suit head. But I have to say, I like the Strike suit helmeted head in the Endgame body better than I liked the CW helmeted head on the Endgame body.

Even though I found the overall size of the CW head more appropriate on the Endgame body, but the CW face looks a bit too narrow/long when compared to the Strike Suit head …I’m not saying the CW head looks bad btw just that I think the Strike Suit head has better proportions …

Attachments

• 08B9B562-906A-4936-939D-A728F053DF0D.jpeg
    08B9B562-906A-4936-939D-A728F053DF0D.jpeg
    814.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 42DA95A3-DE5E-440B-9A5F-EA74D461941A.jpeg
    42DA95A3-DE5E-440B-9A5F-EA74D461941A.jpeg
    697.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 6D1B524C-52A8-40A6-A611-BCCFE49322EF.jpeg
    6D1B524C-52A8-40A6-A611-BCCFE49322EF.jpeg
    642.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2523DEC8-38F3-46BD-9B91-62D527D3C1F8.jpeg
    2523DEC8-38F3-46BD-9B91-62D527D3C1F8.jpeg
    711.1 KB · Views: 0
Sorry I only had a few of these left. Unfortunately I only still have pics of the Endgame body with Strike Suit head. But I have to say, I like the Strike suit helmeted head in the Endgame body better than I liked the CW helmeted head on the Endgame body.

Even though I found the overall size of the CW head more appropriate on the Endgame body, but the CW face looks a bit too narrow/long when compared to the Strike Suit head …I’m not saying the CW head looks bad btw just that I think the Strike Suit head has better proportions …
Thanks!!!
but I think the CW HS doesn't need repainting.
In your memories the CW head fits on the body of endgame without problem? no new peg needed?

If anyone else has a picture of the CW Hs on the endgame body...

Thanks!!!
but I think the CW HS doesn't need repainting.
In your memories the CW head fits on the body of endgame without problem? no new peg needed?

If anyone else has a picture of the CW Hs on the endgame body...
Yes the CW head fits on the Endgame body without the need for modification.

Also one of the main reasons (beyond size) why I tried my CW head on the Endgame body was because I wanted to avoid having to attempt a paint job. You are right, IMO, the color of the CW headsculpt is close enough to the color of the Endgame outfit to not require custom painting.

Anyone have the front strap with the single buckle for both shields. The prongs on both straps snapped on me.

Back