1/6 Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

This is now up for pre order here for £280.

Ouch.

These are on the brink of pricing me out. I would only pay close to that for an absolute must have.
Jesus..where from? Would never buy from the UK . Always direct from china. My suppplier has assured me they'll have it up for pre order in the next couple of weeks. No price yet but expect itll be around £215...free postage ..no customs.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Cool that they made him, but half-Maul just doesn't interest me. It was fun seeing him at the end of Solo, but still feel like his ass should have been left for dead.

Cool that they made him, but half-Maul just doesn't interest me. It was fun seeing him at the end of Solo, but still feel like his ass should have been left for dead.

:exactly: And since the likelihood of Solo sequels is slim, it seems like a waste of resources and factory time when we haven’t gotten even one ESB Lando yet.

:exactly: And since the likelihood of Solo sequels is slim, it seems like a waste of resources and factory time when we haven’t gotten even one ESB Lando yet.
Mauls story is way better and more expansive than Landos at this point and he's a much more intriguing character.
A Solo Lando would be a consideration but this Maul is a instabuy for me. No interest in a ESB Lando.
I think Solo will get sequels or he'll be part of a underworld themed film or series . They're all signed up for 3 films so [emoji4]

Last edited:

Mauls story is way better and more expansive than Landos at this point and he's a much more intriguing character.
A Solo Lando would be a consideration but this Maul is a instabuy for me. No interest in a ESB Lando.
I think Solo will get sequels or he'll be part of a underworld themed film or series . They're all signed up for 3 films so [emoji4]

Being signed on for multiple movies means nothing. This happens all the times with one of films. It's just so that the studio has the ability to bring an actor back and pay them the same amount of money if they do decide to do another, and the actor is unable to say "no thanks" or "give me more money". The Rogue One cast all signed multi-film contracts too.

Being signed on for multiple movies means nothing. This happens all the times with one of films. It's just so that the studio has the ability to bring an actor back and pay them the same amount of money if they do decide to do another, and the actor is unable to say "no thanks" or "give me more money". The Rogue One cast all signed multi-film contracts too.

TBH originally RO cast should survive entire movie so somebody might think about sequels. Besides that, it makes perfect sense.

Erin Kellyman let slip at Celebration this year that it was 'great being in the first of the series ' when talking aboyt Solo ..Joonas Suotamo said last week people would be surprised at his next film after Ep 9.
I'll hope they continue to explore that time period in some form or another and include Han and Chewie in thise stories :)

Erin Kellyman let slip at Celebration this year that it was 'great being in the first of the series ' when talking aboyt Solo ..Joonas Suotamo said last week people would be surprised at his next film after Ep 9.
I'll hope they continue to explore that time period in some form or another and include Han and Chewie in thise stories :)

I’m hoping we get a TV series.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TBH originally RO cast should survive entire movie so somebody might think about sequels. Besides that, it makes perfect sense.

No one really dies ;-) Rogue Two - The Force Ghost Bunch

0ffe630e67c40fe1dc5aa7249343c479.jpg

This looks like Kevin Spacey :rotfl

Pre-ordered, robo-legs Maul is best Maul. Someone will probably make a custom Clone Wars version using both this and the Phantom Menance figure pretty quick.

Pre-ordered, robo-legs Maul is best Maul. Someone will probably make a custom Clone Wars version using both this and the Phantom Menance figure pretty quick.

My plans exactly haha
Clone Wars season 5 is my personal favourite look for Maul, so gonna get as close to that as possible.

My plans exactly haha
Clone Wars season 5 is my personal favourite look for Maul, so gonna get as close to that as possible.

Mine too! I’m extra interested in how you all are going to achieve that specific look (thankfully it seems like after the Kenobi/Galia fight, he is wearing pants down to his knees. By the way, if you aren’t buying the DX16/17, you might want to be on the lookout for the LED severed lightsaber arm (or the full on 3 piece non light up). Personally, I’d think it would be easier and less expensive to find the arm. Of course there are other options but CW season 5 Maul is still rocking his hacked lightsaber and I have yet to see a 1/6 Darksaber.

Not sure if this has been posted here yet: (SoD comic is a quick, in canon, great read)

Attachments

• 11E36FBB-EB78-476D-8196-9127D46F6DB0.jpeg
    11E36FBB-EB78-476D-8196-9127D46F6DB0.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 355

I'm right there with you @chrisstruthers. I really like this version of Maul and hope we end up seeing more of him. I think as part of a streaming show would be great.

Makes me wonder: why add a holographic Darth Maul if they aren’t making a Qi’ra

HT probably had a Qi'ra in development, but since public perception is that Solo was a bomb, they cancelled the Mimban Trooper, Range Trooper and Chewie along with any other figures that were in development from Solo. They would probably have cancelled all of them if they already hadn't put Han and Han in Mimban Gear up for PO. It won't be surprising if the production runs on those are very light and not a priority on the factory schedule.

Maul is a popular character regardless of where he appeared and since HT probably already had this developed and approved, why not go ahead with the PO and include whatever accessories they had for it?

It will be a distinctive looking figure. Looking forward to it.

Surprisingly I PO'ed 2 figures from this movie (Mud trooper + Maul) despite my general aversion to the film (not as tremendous as for Sequel), mostly due to it's SW-felt like aesthetic designs. Solo had great potentials yet the excecution was terrible, cringeworthy love scenes between Han and Qui'ra, disgusted fembot L3 that completely irritated me no end and took away the cinematic pleasure.

I actually liked L3 (but can understand why some would not) and was hoping HT would make her :lol

Makes me wonder: why add a holographic Darth Maul if they aren’t making a Qi’ra

Because one can never have too many holographic Mauls? I mean if prequel Palpatine is released, he will likely come with a holographic Maul too. Maybe he will come with that spider leg holo table!

Surprisingly I PO'ed 2 figures from this movie (Mud trooper + Maul) despite my general aversion to the film (not as tremendous as for Sequel), mostly due to it's SW-felt like aesthetic designs. Solo had great potentials yet the excecution was terrible, cringeworthy love scenes between Han and Qui'ra, disgusted fembot L3 that completely irritated me no end and took away the cinematic pleasure.

Very much agree with your assessment but so far only DX18 for me. If they actually produce the Range Troopers, I’d have to buy at least one of them because the gold visor and fur is super bling! :lol

And sorry for all those that enjoyed L3 but after seeing the movie all I wanted was to see her cook, clean and iron my clothes :wink1:

Back