1/6 Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

I'm pretty torn on this fig. It undeniably just looks cool. The aged, grizzled face, the droid/mech legs, how can you not like it? I also enjoyed aspects of his character from the animated shows, but I also disliked aspects from the shows. When they added him in Clone Wars it was like pure EU lunacy, a half-mad Maul and crazy spider legs, I was like, what the hell am I watching here. Then he had like chicken legs like General Grievous and there was bat-**** stuff with witches and another Maul brother dude and the Emperor makes Maul beg and cry like a girl. A lot of this stuff is so goofy I refuse to believe it's canon.

To me, they got Maul straightened out by the time Rebels was airing. That's the most interesting he's ever been, a former Sith who has basically been betrayed by everyone, ally and foe alike, his master, his religion even, looking to lash out and blame anyone for his pain and failures, unable to let go of the past. That's a worthy character in my opinion and I believe the version that Disney is also interested in.

So I keep coming back and looking at this fig wondering if I want it. He sort of represents a Maul that could have been, but is that enough?

Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Im buying it due to the cool factor, and as a representation in my SW collection to tribute his depiction in Clone Wars animated series.

i try not to overthink it, it looks cool

Agreed, I?ll likely pick it up for the cool factor alone. Liked him in Rebels. Also holding out for hope he gets a show during his time running Crimson Dawn

I'm pretty torn on this fig. It undeniably just looks cool. The aged, grizzled face, the droid/mech legs, how can you not like it? I also enjoyed aspects of his character from the animated shows, but I also disliked aspects from the shows. When they added him in Clone Wars it was like pure EU lunacy, a half-mad Maul and crazy spider legs, I was like, what the hell am I watching here. Then he had like chicken legs like General Grievous and there was bat-**** stuff with witches and another Maul brother dude and the Emperor makes Maul beg and cry like a girl. A lot of this stuff is so goofy I refuse to believe it's canon.

To me, they got Maul straightened out by the time Rebels was airing. That's the most interesting he's ever been, a former Sith who has basically been betrayed by everyone, ally and foe alike, his master, his religion even, looking to lash out and blame anyone for his pain and failures, unable to let go of the past. That's a worthy character in my opinion and I believe the version that Disney is also interested in.

So I keep coming back and looking at this fig wondering if I want it. He sort of represents a Maul that could have been, but is that enough?

I loved his arc from Clone Wars through Rebels. After the events of TPM he was left completely broken and it drove him insane. But then he clawed back his sanity. I always liked Savage Opress more than Maul though.

Yeah, to me this is the Maul at the end of his arc where his actual story is told. The Ep 1 Maul is more of a machine-like weapon with little character growth at all. His arc through Clone Wars, what we learn from Solo (with a potential sequel series), and Rebels is so good and finally made me appreciate him as a character, rather than a stepping stone for Sidious.

Though being supremely evil and conniving, I felt terrible for him when he finally dies. His scene with Kenobi is so sad because he was someone who literally never had a chance at a good life, as he was given to Sidious as an infant and then cast aside when his usefulness ended. Even Kenobi shows remorse and grief for him. His last words were about being hopeful for someone (Luke) to destroy the Sith.

Just looking at the figure though, this has a better sculpt, cooler saber, and robotic legs. To me that is a win-win-win. And the bonus is he gets a sick seat and a gold chain.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Agreed, I?ll likely pick it up for the cool factor alone. Liked him in Rebels. Also holding out for hope he gets a show during his time running Crimson Dawn
This is a likely rumor. Hoping we get confirmation at SW Celebration this year. I'd much rather have Maul over a Cassian show. The Maul and Kenobi shows could connect and crossover too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I still believe they did not bother bring back Park and Maul to live action just for one cameo. Since there will be no Solo 2 they should do tv series, it?s a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maul went from a cool badass looking villain to one of the most compelling characters in Star Wars by the time of his death in Rebels. I have Sideshow Maul, HT DX16 Maul and I'll be picking this guy up too because Maul & robot legs, there's no question.

Still hope to see more of him in the future. I heard Ray Park is doing mocap for Clone Wars S7.

I'm happy Maul will never die... Like Palpatine and Fett... Too much money involved...

I'm happy Maul will never die... Like Palpatine and Fett... Too much money involved...

Maul is pretty much dead and buried. No blind spots to take advantage of.

Maul went from a cool badass looking villain to one of the most compelling characters in Star Wars by the time of his death in Rebels. I have Sideshow Maul, HT DX16 Maul and I'll be picking this guy up too because Maul & robot legs, there's no question.

Still hope to see more of him in the future. I heard Ray Park is doing mocap for Clone Wars S7.

Agreed. His story in the clone wars was great. I do wish they didn?t kill him in rebels and instead had Ewan do it in the Kenobi series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crime Boss Robo Maul has endless possibilities worth of stories, IMO.

Until he dies in 2 BBY. :monkey2

screen-shot-2017-03-19-at-82600-ampng.png

But hey, "No one's ever really gone."

:wink1:

Knowing a death didn’t stop the prequels from happening, nor a Solo prequel. Hell, it didn’t even stop anybody from squeezing in a Black Widow movie that takes place between Civil War and Infinity War. Why let something like death stop Disney from doing anything:lol

And Kenobi only dies a couple years after Maul and people have been crying for years for more and are finally getting it. At least Maul being a crime boss can be more interesting than a hermit trying to hide his Jedi powers,lol

I'd love to have a SW display with just these alternate versions of characters in it, like this guy, Mythos Fett, Dark Rey, etc.

I'd love to have a SW display with just these alternate versions of characters in it, like this guy, Mythos Fett, Dark Rey, etc.

I would've LOVED for someone to tackle a 1/6th pre-Cyborg Grievous figure. I would've joined you on that alternate universe collection.

And Kenobi only dies a couple years after Maul and people have been crying for years for more and are finally getting it. At least Maul being a crime boss can be more interesting than a hermit trying to hide his Jedi powers,lol

:lecture

I'd rather it was a crime boss Maul series too.

According to Ewan it's six hour long episodes of Obi-Wan recovering from the trauma of losing his Jedi friends. :lol

"The storyline sits between Episode III and Episode IV. The Jedi Order was falling apart. It will be interesting to take a character we know in a way and show him – well, his arc will be quite interesting, I think, dealing with that the fact that all the Jedi were slaughtered with the end of Episode III. It’s quite something to get over."

:lecture

I'd rather it was a crime boss Maul series too.

According to Ewan it's six hour long episodes of Obi-Wan recovering from the trauma of losing his Jedi friends. :lol

"The storyline sits between Episode III and Episode IV. The Jedi Order was falling apart. It will be interesting to take a character we know in a way and show him – well, his arc will be quite interesting, I think, dealing with that the fact that all the Jedi were slaughtered with the end of Episode III. It’s quite something to get over."

Man, that sounds depressing. Who the hell wants to watch a show about a guy whining about loss, and moping around for six hours...

Back