Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great to hear man. Gives me hope that maybe mine will be the same too. Given from your nick name I assume you live in Texas where it does get humid. Im in Oklahoma now but might move to Texas in the a year.

I have decided that I will keep it and display it. He is badass looking after all and Robocop 1 is one of the best movies from the 80s. How is that yours sits so further back in the detolf? When I put mine in, it's almost touching the glass with its hands. Or maybe is just photo illusion lol.

Also, the pegs that go into the holes on the legs, once in are super hard to detach. Are yours the same? I was sweating balls trying to remove the legs yesterday and hoping nothing will break. Just a bit concerned if I have to put it back in the box to transport it when I move eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, im in Texas and it gets crazy humid but luckily that hasn't affected my ED-209. I just placed my ED-209 as far back as he can go in the detolf and the door is a few millimeters from the gun barrel tips. He fits ,BARELY lol. As for the pegs, I've never needed to remove them so I'm not sure how tight the joint connections are but you should be fine as long as you don't go crazy trying to pull it out of the socket.

Yes, im in Texas and it gets crazy humid but luckily that hasn't affected my ED-209. I just placed my ED-209 as far back as he can go in the detolf and the door is a few millimeters from the gun barrel tips. He fits ,BARELY lol. As for the pegs, I've never needed to remove them so I'm not sure how tight the joint connections are but you should be fine as long as you don't go crazy trying to pull it out of the socket.

Yeah he doesn?t fit barely, just wanted to make sure I have placed him properly. This is how he sit the detolf currently.
48c36affd76d9d635d1751d9d385877e.jpg

As for the pegs man, they are quite tight fit. If you ever need to dissemble it for moving purposes. It will be a struggle. I was really worried that I might break something lol. I wonder if freeing them a bit will help. Anyways, thanks again for your help man! Now all I need is another Robocop painted in that blue color from the second movie and the Robo collection will be complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't want to be that guy killin the Robo-bro-mance.. But that shoulder armour in both of your pics makes ED look like he's flapping for take off.

Don't want to be that guy killin the Robo-bro-mance.. But that shoulder armour in both of your pics makes ED look like he's flapping for take off.

Hahah not at all man. I took the picture just right after I put it together. Did not have the chance to properly pose it. Do you have pics of your ED-209 to share? It will be nice to see how people have it posed/displayed as this thread does not have a lot of pose pictures. It is mostly flooded with conversations about the dome issue.

Lol. You're right. Never even paid attention to that especially since I'll be moving and re-posing him soon.

Is this pic better? I fixed the shoulder armor haha.

7be87dca795958b7d6932bef09c280dd.jpg

Hello guys,
I'm in the process of refurbishing an ED209 with cracked dome and rubber joint and I thought instead of doing just one for me I might as well make parts available for fellow collectors.

So I'm doing a dome that will be recasted in resin and black, then you will have to cover it with speakers fabric yourself.
No pricing yet.

FB_IMG_1647785061514.jpg

As for the rubber arms and legs I already have the parts and can do the replacement for you as it's too long to explain.

FB_IMG_1647785067339.jpg

BOTH WILL BE A SHORT RUN PM ME

The joints on mine look the same. (n) I was contemplating cutting some short lengths of vacuum cleaner hose to replace them. I can visualise Howard Chan at a board meeting, "who cares it works or not!"

Depending on price, I might be interested in the dome. Mine cracked almost immediately, just a few months after I bought it. Haven't examined the joints on it in ages, but I'm sure they're a mess, too. What material are you using for the joints?

I just got some reply from the recaster a he's asking a minimum of 20 domes at 95gpb per dome and that doesn't includes the shipping to you guys.

I cannot front that kind of money so i'm not sure this is gonna be possible sadly.

Depending on price, I might be interested in the dome. Mine cracked almost immediately, just a few months after I bought it. Haven't examined the joints on it in ages, but I'm sure they're a mess, too. What material are you using for the joints?
It's rubber too but better quality than HT.

That is a huge lift! That's $125 bucks before shipping. He asking for it upfront?
yes :( but i may have a plan b
i think the dome wont be as sleek as i wanted them to be but will require a llitle work, sanding.
the idea would be to have a dome base to work with.

Hey guys, got a question for you. What are the chances of rubber deterioration on a new and sealed ED-209 MMS204 figure after all this time since being released? Temperatures and humidity usually aren't too high around these parts.

I think it's literally a coin toss. More than anything I think it depends on the quality of rubber in the batch that Hot Toys used at the time. Mine deteriorated within months of buying it brand new back in the day. But I've got other Hot Toys items with rubber (Hellboy, Sara Connor, etc.) that have been on display since I got them new and no cracks at all.

I think it's literally a coin toss. More than anything I think it depends on the quality of rubber in the batch that Hot Toys used at the time. Mine deteriorated within months of buying it brand new back in the day. But I've got other Hot Toys items with rubber (Hellboy, Sara Connor, etc.) that have been on display since I got them new and no cracks at all.
Agree. Mine has held up ok. A little bit of deterioration over time and I’m not in a humid climate and I’ve modge podged which may or may not have helped lol. And same all my other rubber figures zero issues,

Agree. Mine has held up ok. A little bit of deterioration over time and I’m not in a humid climate and I’ve modge podged which may or may not have helped lol. And same all my other rubber figures zero issues,

Thanks for the replies! :duff

I'm not in a humid climate either and besides some very minor pleather deterioration to a few figures, I never had any problems with rubber on HT figures. So I contacted the seller. He offered to take some pictures of the figure so I can see the state it's in before pulling the trigger. So fingers crossed.

Back