Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome pics!
I'm starting to think deterioration issues have a lot to do with where a collector is located, and the environment.
I'm in Toronto, Canada, and I never had the space for this piece, but my local supplier as had it on display since it came out, and it looks just as fine as ever.
Same goes for the leather/pleather issue. I've never had any of my Hot Toys leather/pleather deteriorate, but other collectors pieces pretty much fall apart.

Man, those pics really make me regret not getting one regardless of space. So nice!

Pic..

Attachments

• BB93959F-960E-4619-90ED-5BDDEDAA4707.jpg
    BB93959F-960E-4619-90ED-5BDDEDAA4707.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 141
I did finally end up working in some Gummi Pflege Stift to the dome after discovering a few faint cracks toward the back last week. No idea how long they had been there, but for now the dome looks better than ever!

1CB8E0FC-FE01-44EC-B728-C1FBB315D7DF.jpg7F43BD4D-F433-449F-B1D0-F5861B350271.jpg9CB01B66-9D5E-4B57-BB3A-40C73EC54060.jpg289A78E3-E209-4DB2-A47D-687910775C0E.jpgD0B97D80-2AA3-4158-961C-2CAE5B8D54FB.jpg

I did finally end up working in some Gummi Pflege Stift to the dome after discovering a few faint cracks toward the back last week. No idea how long they had been there, but for now the dome looks better than ever!
and all of your pics in latest posts here look so great they could be used as promotional pics. if it wasn't a bit late for that :)

I went back to this same pose for Diecast Robocop and ED-209, but spruced up some new photos a bit :)

View attachment 511962View attachment 511963View attachment 511964

What amazing shots. I am currently on the fence if I should add ED-209 to my Robocop collection or not. I have read about the dome and how it ends up cracking over time and needing a replacement. So I am not sure what to expect or how worth it is. I got the Robo with chair and the BD set so ED-209 is definitely the only one missing. Also does it fit in a Detolf when fully lowered?

Thanks man. That kind of helps decide. Is ED-209 still worth it though? Given all the issues with the dome etc?

I think the awesomeness of the figure itself outweighs potential dome issues, for one you can prevent it with some sealants, or patch it up if it cracks, and even if there is major damage you can DIY an replacement with miliput and speaker fabric.

I know some people (especially on FB) can't even have a hint of issues on their figures or they'll suffer a mental breakdown but IMO considering the direction HT is going, figures like these are once in a blue moon releases so it's definitely worth owning in my book.

I think the awesomeness of the figure itself outweighs potential dome issues, for one you can prevent it with some sealants, or patch it up if it cracks, and even if there is major damage you can DIY an replacement with miliput and speaker fabric.

I know some people (especially on FB) can't even have a hint of issues on their figures or they'll suffer a mental breakdown but IMO considering the direction HT is going, figures like these are once in a blue moon releases so it's definitely worth owning in my book.

Thank you. It does make sense given that HT's directions is more focused with Marvel and DC right now and who knows if we will ever get another run of the Robocop figures. A CANE and Robocop 2 version with reissue of Robocop 1 with upgraded paint will be awesome but it could be years before or never. I have found ED-209 new for like 450 and If I add something to prevent the dome from cracking it could last for a long time.

Hey Guys, so I was able to get a brand new ED-209 but strangely after opening it. I felt a bit underwhelmed. Not sure why. A bit of buyers remorse or not sure what exactly. It maybe also because looking at the BD-Robo's paint and the silver paint of the diecast robo and the light grey of ED0209, it throws me off a bit and feels as if they dont quite fit al together in the same shelf. Anyone has felt something similar? Also, share some setup/display pics of your ED-209 if you can.

Hey Guys, so I was able to get a brand new ED-209 but strangely after opening it. I felt a bit underwhelmed. Not sure why. A bit of buyers remorse or not sure what exactly. It maybe also because looking at the BD-Robo's paint and the silver paint of the diecast robo and the light grey of ED0209, it throws me off a bit and feels as if they dont quite fit al together in the same shelf. Anyone has felt something similar? Also, share some setup/display pics of your ED-209 if you can.
Robocop and ED-209 were my first Hot Toy purchases(got into Hot Toys back in 2018) and was blown away with both of them. Sure there's no diecast in ED-209 but it still has some heft to it and awesome details. The only version that is superior to Hot Toys is chronicle collectibles ED-209 but that's a statue and was around $1400 back when it came out. No other company has released anything close to the quality, size and price range of the Hot Toys ED-209. Til this day I've never felt buyers remorse and still love both figures especially ED-209. I'm a hard-core Robocop(1st movie) fan so maybe I'm a tad biased but regardless ED-209 is badass. Congrats for picking him up. Hopefully that buyers remorse will pass and you'll enjoy that beast.

Here's a quick pic I just took of my temporary setup.
b7a61f7fcde1eed2cc704a477422772c.jpg

Robocop and ED-209 were my first Hot Toy purchases(got into Hot Toys back in 2018) and was blown away with both of them. Sure there's no diecast in ED-209 but it still has some heft to it and awesome details. The only version that is superior to Hot Toys is chronicle collectibles ED-209 but that's a statue and was around $1400 back when it came out. No other company has released anything close to the quality, size and price range of the Hot Toys ED-209. Til this day I've never felt buyers remorse and still love both figures especially ED-209. I'm a hard-core Robocop(1st movie) fan so maybe I'm a tad biased but regardless ED-209 is badass. Congrats for picking him up. Hopefully that buyers remorse will pass and you'll enjoy that beast.

Here's a quick pic I just took of my temporary setup.
b7a61f7fcde1eed2cc704a477422772c.jpg

Thank you so much for your insight man. I don't know why I felt the way I did after opening got up and assembling it. Robocop is a childhood movie of mine. I grew up with it and if I remember correctly it might have been the first movie I have ever seen in a theater screening. Also, I started collecting last summer and funny enough, my first Hot Toys was the diecast Robocop with chair. I do agree that this ED-209 is definitely a rare piece. Not many companies, If any, had touched that IP. Again, not sure why I felt that buyers remorse because prior to getting him I was excited, but hesitant because of the dome issues, but excited. It think it was probably the difference in paint application between the figures I guess. Something about it threw me off. By the way speaking of the dome, have you had any cracks and if not what are you using to keep it intact?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't had any issues with the dome. Bought it brand new and, fortunately, it still looks new 3+ years later.

That's great to hear man. Gives me hope that maybe mine will be the same too. Given from your nick name I assume you live in Texas where it does get humid. Im in Oklahoma now but might move to Texas in the a year.

I have decided that I will keep it and display it. He is badass looking after all and Robocop 1 is one of the best movies from the 80s. How is that yours sits so further back in the detolf? When I put mine in, it's almost touching the glass with its hands. Or maybe is just photo illusion lol.

Also, the pegs that go into the holes on the legs, once in are super hard to detach. Are yours the same? I was sweating balls trying to remove the legs yesterday and hoping nothing will break. Just a bit concerned if I have to put it back in the box to transport it when I move eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back