Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All. I'm interested in getting one of the MMS204's on eBay. There are some sellers in China with old stock, so I'm doing my research. Does anyone know if there's a risk buying from these sellers? I'm wondering if they're selling legitimate products or are there knock-offs floating around? I assume the rubber deterioration is going to be a given risk.
Any advice appreciated.

No knock off exists.
The only risk is the dome but also the other rubbers that sometimes rot too but you can replace them with some moto rubber sleeves.

I actually have a 3d dome but it needs to be reworked to fit the hot toys version but I don't do 3d yet.

I also did a miliput version that fits perfectly but would like to make recasts of it instead of being one off but it's thin so not sure it would be easy.
Was thinking about 3d scan it to get a printable model out of it.

Pretty weird that nobody has yet done a easy replacement,been years.

No knock off exists.
The only risk is the dome but also the other rubbers that sometimes rot too but you can replace them with some moto rubber sleeves.

I actually have a 3d dome but it needs to be reworked to fit the hot toys version but I don't do 3d yet.

I also did a miliput version that fits perfectly but would like to make recasts of it instead of being one off but it's thin so not sure it would be easy.
Was thinking about 3d scan it to get a printable model out of it.

Pretty weird that nobody has yet done a easy replacement,been years.
Thanks. That's good to know that there's no cheap knock-offs. I'll reach out to a couple and see if I can get them to check the condition of the dome. Appreciate the help.

Thanks. That's good to know that there's no cheap knock-offs. I'll reach out to a couple and see if I can get them to check the condition of the dome. Appreciate the help.
Yes, very smart to do so. I bought mine last year from a local seller who had it in stock since it came out. I asked him if he could check the dome and rubbers which was no problem on his part. The figure still was absolutely pristine so I bought it.

First thing I did when it came in, was give the rubber a nice coating with this:

71DVXMOId4L._AC_SX679_.jpg

It keeps the rubber clean and prevents it from drying out and rotting.

Good luck with getting an Ed!!

Last edited:
Yes, very smart to do so. I bought mine last year from a local seller who had it in stock since it came out. I asked him if he could check the dome and rubbers which was no problem on his part. The figure still was absolutely pristine so I bought it.

First thing I did when it came in, was give the rubber a nice coating with this:

View attachment 631855

It keeps the rubber clean and prevents it from drying out and rotting.

Good luck with getting an Ed!!
Yes I read your posts. Thanks, that was helpful research for me.

I would still get one even with the issues provided it's priced appropriately as I think due to how the hobby has changed a lot in the past few years it's probably unlikely to see a 1/6 ED-209 ever again.
I'm curious. I'm not a big collector of 1/6 (although I'm getting a JazzInc Batwing & Batmobile shortly). What do you mean by the hobby changing?

I'm curious. I'm not a big collector of 1/6 (although I'm getting a JazzInc Batwing & Batmobile shortly). What do you mean by the hobby changing?
About 10 years ago, around the time this ED-209 was made, it was pretty much a golden age for figure collectors in terms of licences being made into 1/6 figures. We got Robocops, Terminators, Predators and Aliens. They even made a Crow figure.

But these days Hot Toys is pretty much exclusively making either Marvel figures or Star Wars figures (both Disney). A lot of which are easy variants and repaints. Just look at the numerous Iron Men in funky colorschemes they make. The same they are now doing with Clones for instance. Very rarely we see a figure outside of the Disney realm and if we do it's most likely some sort of Batman/DC figure.

For example: Since their last Predator figures we've had the movies The Predator and Prey. But they didn't make anything from those. You could say The Predator movie sucked and tanked at the box office, but AvP: Requiem for example isn't exactly a masterpiece either. Yet Wolf remains one of their most sought after Predators.

Last year HT surprised us by making the new Robocop 3 figure. That really came out of nowhere. I still have hope we'll see them pull a stunt like that more often and give us some new Terminators, Aliens and Predators, but I won't be holding my breath.

With Disney pumping out Marvel and Star Wars content left and right, Hot Toys will be swamped with that stuff for the years to come, really making the chance of seeing other licenses very small.

Well for one prices have gone way up, and more often than not companies will only make figures that sells, which are mainly Star Wars, MCU and DC and Robocop just isn't in the public consciousness to warrant high end figures nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Robocop nut, but today it's just a niche interest.

About 10 years ago, around the time this ED-209 was made, it was pretty much a golden age for figure collectors in terms of licences being made into 1/6 figures. We got Robocops, Terminators, Predators and Aliens. They even made a Crow figure.

But these days Hot Toys is pretty much exclusively making either Marvel figures or Star Wars figures (both Disney). A lot of which are easy variants and repaints. Just look at the numerous Iron Men in funky colorschemes they make. The same they are now doing with Clones for instance. Very rarely we see a figure outside of the Disney realm and if we do it's most likely some sort of Batman/DC figure.

For example: Since their last Predator figures we've had the movies The Predator and Prey. But they didn't make anything from those. You could say The Predator movie sucked and tanked at the box office, but AvP: Requiem for example isn't exactly a masterpiece either. Yet Wolf remains one of their most sought after Predators.

Last year HT surprised us by making the new Robocop 3 figure. That really came out of nowhere. I still have hope we'll see them pull a stunt like that more often and give us some new Terminators, Aliens and Predators, but I won't be holding my breath.

With Disney pumping out Marvel and Star Wars content left and right, Hot Toys will be swamped with that stuff for the years to come, really making the chance of seeing other licenses very small.
Robocop 3 is an easy repaint for them.

Oh yes of course it is. But it was still a surprise to see them make anything other than Marvel/SW/DC. Something to remind us of those awesome years about a decade back.
That's true. Reminds me of Eddy Murphy: If you are starving and somebody throws you a cracker..... 😆

Thanks guys. That's pretty disappointing to hear that the market has diminished. I notice they're releasing a Robocop 3 figure. Maybe I can buy that and burn the jetpack so nobody knows :LOL:

Back